uhhhmmm... hi...

jiminos

neat forum. found it by accident while researching a stitch. i'll be back often.

i started crocheting in the 70's or 80's. picked it up because of my addiction to marlinspike seamanship (knot tying). big fan of decorative knots. crocheting and knitting seemed a logical extension. as well as tatting, cross-stitch, needlepoint, net making, and all the other stuff.

i'm working on the infamous sampler afghan right now. when i'm not fighting with a new square, i am teaching my eight year old son how to crochet. he figures if dad is doing it, it must be cool.

anyway... thanks for the forum.

jim

Welcome Jim! It is awesome to hear about you and your son crocheting and I can't wait to see some pics! :clap

My father knew how to crochet, knit and tat and my husband knows how to crochet and knit. I think it's really cool =) I want to teach my son, but right now he's just not interested, perhaps I can make him a trade, I can teach him and work with on building models if he in turn will work with me on crocheting :hook

Hi Jim,:hi

Welcome to Crochetville. I was also looking for some info on crocheting when I ran across this board.:yay Great place to stay and chat.

Lots of info and humor.:lol

Howdi Jim,

Welcome to the group, your gonna love it here. It's neat that your teaching your son to crochet, how does he like it? I think that's terrific!!

be blessed

rori

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the board that out does others! I am sure you will find lots of neat things here. I hope that you create a blog, or photo album when you get a chance. Maybe I could get my husband to learn! :yay

Archived