Is This Yarn Organizer Worth Buying?

Do any of you have one of these and if so, what is your opinion? I am considering getting one so my yarn isn't rolling all over when I work on my projects but I'd like opinions first.:think:yarn

http://www.harrietcarter.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/productID/639fa34b-3d19-4b73-bfc7-ead1ac374717

It's not too expensive. Look at the picture with the woman, though - it's fairly bulky next to her. If you're looking for something around the home, it'll probably do fine, but if you're looking for something to tote along in case you get a spare moment to work on a project, this is going to be like carrying around a super-sized diaper bag.

I don't own one - just my observations from the photos!

I have a similar one and I love it. I only take it w/me if I'm going to be gone for awhile. It was great when my mom was in the hospital and I sat w/her for hours. But not great if you only have a few minutes here or there.

Thanks for the link. I wouldn't mind having another one at that price. It would keep another WIP organized. Mine will hold 6 skeins, plus books, a zippered pocket on the other end and one on top for hooks. I read it wrong 1 for $9.98 2 for 18.50. That's even better!

I agree, looks a bit bulky for hauling around if you crochet on the go. I have the rolling yarn tote & I love it - no more lugging! (got it on clearance for less than $15 at Joann's)

I have two of those totes, and while they are bulky to just take along for short trips, it's an awesome tote when you're going to be away awhile. I'm in Florida now on vacation, and I brought 3 different projects with me, as well as 3 crochet magazines, all my hooks, and my notions- in one bag,-this way I don't get bored working on one thing.

For quick trips out and about, I have a smaller bag I use.

I paid 7.95 for that tote through LTD, and yes, I think it was well worth it.

Here's the thing, it seems really only to work with center-pull skeins, unless you were just storing them in the compartment to keep them clean. I have one but haven't really used it much yet. For the price I couldn't resist! It also has some room inside...

HI I got one of these and I love it.... I really do I take it with me to doctors office and all I got my hooks and mag and a project in the center inside and then i also carry the yarns I'm going to use for the project i'm working on ..

Right now I have begun a project and i have it by my sofa on the floor and so when i'm not working on it i just zip it up and have it ready to go where evers..

I usually don;t carry any thing else but a small purse with me and that tote.

The prices is great to so I would recommend it...

I have one I bought from Carol Wright for a couple of dollars. I'm not sure if it's the exact one, but looks similar. I think it's great for keeping projects in. Mine holds three skeins in the front compartments and a larger storage area in the back, plus pockets. The larger storage area is for your WIP. Honestly, I don't use those pull-through things, because sometimes I like to just grab a skein of yarn and my WIP and take it somewhere, and the bag is just to bulky. In that case, if you've strung the yarn through and it's already attached to the project, you can't just take one skein along. That said, it's super great to store individual projects in, because unlike grocery or canvas bags, you can see which project is in which bag, which makes it easier to grab instead of looking through all your bags if you have a billion WIPs like me.

I have two of these and I love them. They are a bit large to tote everywhere, but, that is a small price to pay for the convenience. The keep yarn clean and organized, and, keep the cat hair out of it.

Well, at least out of it while it is sitting around. With a white cat there is no way to keep cat hair out of things. :lol

Does this not work at all then if you pull from the outside? It looks to me as though there is enough room for the skein to move that it wouldn't matter.

I have that tote (at least 3 or 4 of them) and like it/them. I got the last 2 totes like that because I couldn't pass up the deal/price on them. *L* (I think I got the last 2 for $5.99 each or something like that.)

Here's a link to another tote that you might like - it's a small rolling tote for $14.99:

http://www.collectionsetc.com/Item71191.aspx

It's smaller than the tote from Joann.com and I think it's cute. I have one and like it to use for my smaller projects.

The site also has this rolling tote & bag set for $19.99 (but they're on backorder):

http://www.collectionsetc.com/Item71407.aspx

I don't have that set yet but may order one when I get a chance.

HTH!

Do any of you have one of these and if so, what is your opinion? I am considering getting one so my yarn isn't rolling all over when I work on my projects but I'd like opinions first.:think:yarn

http://www.harrietcarter.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/productID/639fa34b-3d19-4b73-bfc7-ead1ac374717

Hey the dimensions are only 16" x 13" x 10" with 30" L carry strap. I know the picture makes it look bulky but those dimensions aren't really that big for toting around. I'm thinking about getting one or two myself!

~Lynne~

Thanks I ordered the tote yesterday and really like the look of that rolling one for larger projects I want to take with me when I travel. Thanks for the info!!!

The AC Moore near me had a yarn organizer that looked identical to these. It was made by "Plaid" which makes a lot of fabric paints and related products...know that from one of my past addictions. I believe it was 19.99, but with a 40 or 50% off coupon, depending on what they issued for that week, it is right in the ballpark. No delay or charges for shipping, and you get to see it before you buy it.

I think I may have to go back there soon!

Why are yarn organizers so expensive? You can get an oversized tote bag or a knit stand at AC Moore (use the coupon). They have small tote bags in the sewing thread aisle for like $3.

I just invested in a lg yarntainer for $4. I have some complaints about size and the supply yarn hole, but beyond that it seems durable and I find it easier to access than fumbling with a bag and straps.

Unfortunately, I don't have an AC more here. I have a really cute little Mary Englebreit tote bag that I use for my small WIPS when the weather is nice. I wanted something larger for my multi-strand projects or my cat will have an absolute heydey chasing yarn across the floor. LOL!!

Archived