A poncho for ME!!!!!

QueenslandRainbow

I have barely anything that I have made myself. I tend to give it all away or make stuff for gifts. My family and friends places are littered with crochet. icon_redface.gif

So I decided to change that! Last weekend I made myself a poncho. I think it needs some big wooden beads or buttons on the seam. What do you think?

It is on my blog icon_biggrin.gif

http://overtherainbowcrochet.blogspot.com/2007_06_01_archive.html

I am happy to share the pattern if anyone wants it. It is super easy :hook

great poncho Shona. the stitch pattern and colour are both lovely and suit you well

:cheerSo cool! I love the purple/green kids one too!

I know what you mean....I never get a chance to make anything for myself either, and my family and friends are probably sick of getting crocheted gifts:lol:hook

Thanks everyone! My daughter is super cute at the moment :lol

I had a 'stitch and bitch' today at the local cafe and I wore my poncho. My friend thought a wooden toggle at the collar would look good and maybe three matching buttons on the seam. I will go and see what is available and post another picture once it is complete.

One of the waitresses asked me to make her one, but when I told her how much she went quiet then came back to ask me how she could learn to crochet, so I gave her a few links. One of the other waitresses said she would teach her :D Crochet is infectious around here. :hook

Your poncho turned out great! The stitch pattern is very pretty and I like the size of the poncho. Nice work!

First of all, I must say that your little doll looks so cute in her poncho! :manyheart Completely adorable! Now I'll comment on your poncho. :D I love the color you used- blue is my favorite and I love the different shades in the yarn. The length is great too- not too long to get in the way like most ponchos. Great work! I love them both! :clap

Archived