I had willpower to walk away!

Hi Friends,

I was in Hancock Fabrics today and I saw the new Vanna yarn from Lion brand. It is very soft. I loaded 6 pink and a white in the cart and proceded to look around. Then I got to thinking, I am already hiding yarn at work and in the trunk of my car, if I come home with more, DH will just have a fit.

So I put it all back and didn't buy a thing. I was so strong. I just have to stay out of that store!

It looks like a very nice yarn to work with. And the pink was a nice color,not a baby pink. but I just couldn't do it.

And it was even on sale.

Could you walk away?

:manyheart

Boy Oh Boy, you DO have willpower. I'm not that good, I would have bought a couple skeins of each color anyway and suffer the consequences later. :blush

You are a brave lady for walking away! The few (and I mean very few) times I've walked away from yarn in the store, I had to call my husband on the cell phone and tell him about it to make sure he gave me the proper recognition of my awesome achievment.

And then I go back the next day and get it!!

I'm very proud of you! :clap I have a LOT of trouble walking away. I have to admit, I've "snuck" yarn while my hubby was at work and told him later "oh, I've had this, you just don't remember because I have so much!" It's worked, but I don't want to push my luck too much! :devil I was at Michael's today, but I dont think they have the new Vanna yarn there... of course, I can't spend but so much time in the yarn department because I will be wandering around and groping the yarn for hours and not even realize it. :hook

What's the price on this new yarn? I saw it on DIY's Craft Expo show, but didn't catch any sort of price.

No I could not have; but then I am one of the lucky ones who's DH just shakes his head as I buy more yarn. As a matter of fact when I do come away without yarn he asks if I am ok!

I'm very proud of you! :clap I have a LOT of trouble walking away. I have to admit, I've "snuck" yarn while my hubby was at work and told him later "oh, I've had this, you just don't remember because I have so much!" It's worked, but I don't want to push my luck too much! :devil I was at Michael's today, but I dont think they have the new Vanna yarn there... of course, I can't spend but so much time in the yarn department because I will be wandering around and groping the yarn for hours and not even realize it. :hook

What's the price on this new yarn? I saw it on DIY's Craft Expo show, but didn't catch any sort of price.

It was $2.99 on sale. I think it was about $3.69 when not on sale.

I almost gave into temptation today as I drove past. But I was strong and kept going! It was very hard. The car just wanted to pull into the parking lot. I had to really hold the wheel hard, to keep the car from pulling in!:lol :lol :lol

There's no way I could walk away from a sale, a new type of yarn that was

softer and a beautiful color!!! I would just by it and stuff it somewhere else!!

(my pillow maybe?)

Archived