Thread CAL

jingles96

Hi Everyone! :wave s

If you've been following along in the Thread topic, you know this has been coming, for everybody else, welcome to the party! I've started our first Thread CAL! :bad :cheer2 :clap:bounce

I've set up a blog for it at www.jinglelady.us/crochet/ and a gallery to show off our WIPs here.

I'm all excited to 1) be the host and 2) see what all we come up with.

Oh, so I should tell you what our project is....anything thread! A bookmark, a doilie, a table runner, thread poncho, whatever ( a whole bunch of patterns can be found

here, just look under doily or bookmarks). Since so many of us are new to thread, we thought it would be best to leave the field open.

So, grab a small hook, pick up some thread, and join in the fun! If you're participating, just leave a comment on the blog or email me directly at crochet*DIE*SPAM*DIE* @ jinglelady.us with your website address and I'll link to you from the blog. :hug

I think I've covered everything. Right? :fc

Oh, you know to remove the *DIE*SPAM*DIE* from the email address above, right? :frog

Looking forward to crocheting with all of you fine ladies (and gents). :grouphug

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so excited!! I bought this book at Wal-Mart yesterday and hope to do the doily on the cover for my main project. I also have a couple other ideas for smaller side projects to work on too.

Also, I think it's a great idea to set up a separate blog for the CAL. I subscribed to it with Bloglines so I'll be totally up to date at all times. :danc

I started this suprise project for hubby's gift last night at work.....wow chain 205 takes on whole new meaning when doing it in THREAD lol!! so I've started!! i got the whole first row finished...starting the 2nd one tonight at work hehe :bad

I've yet to decide if its going to be a Anniversary, Birthday, or Christmas present yet, depends on how long it takes me!! (ann is in august, bday is in sept)

:hee

Okay I have made up mind to do a doily :) :cheer2 . I will be doing a doily named flower cluster doily from a magic crochet mag. Its got roses in the middle and pineapple like motif around it. Will post a pic when I can

:)h

Vims

Wow, that is spectacular! He's going to be thrilled with it!

I've had to frog that 2nd row THREE times now, He'd better love it :<> if he ever wants to sleep in OUR bed again :rabbit :rotfl :hee

So exciting! :hyper

I started a doily called "The Square Doily with Rose Center" this morning. The rose part is done and I'm now working on the lace part. :D!

I have two more doilies and one more secret project (It's going to be a gift for my good friend) picked out for this CAL. :bounce

Hi Ladies -

I have a question about the gallery I set up for our CAL. Anybody familiar with the Gallery package from Sourceforge?

I wanted to set up an account for each member of our CAL so they could upload photos there themselves, but it seems that these users have the ability to rename the album, change titles and existing photos. And do this for all albumns, not just the Thread CAL. :eek2 Obviously I just want the users to be able to upload their own photos to a specific album and only be able to change their own photos.

Any ideas? :shrug :thinking2

Thanks!

Nevermind, I think I figured it out. The users only have access to the Thread CAL, but oddly enough the Gallery software seems to let any logged in user to re-order photos, rotate them, etc. I've disabled deletion of photos, so only I as the admin will be able to do that. Also, it allows any logged in user to rename the album URL. Not the title, but the url. Which also oddly enough is called "rename album", but it changes the physical url of the gallery, not the Title name of the Gallery. Yuck. But, alls I can do is ask people to NOT use this feature.

Not the perfect solution of what I want, but it's okay. I trust you ladies to not abuse another members photos. :star I'll be emailing out user accounts to people who left their email in the comments section of the blog tomorrow morning.

Good night! :zzz

Wow Anna, that's kind of scary. :sweat I'll be nervous if I go to upload a picture. :wink I am seriously itching to get started on the doily this minute, but I have another birthday project (thread too) to get out of the way first. :))

Hey, Anna ~ sorry I wasn't here earlier to help you out with Gallery. I use that software for my albums. I haven't added any users other than myself, so I haven't familiarized myself with figuring out what other users can do. If I find out a workaround to the URL issue, I'll let you know. :sweat

Donna - no problem. Please do let me know any tips/tricks you figure out. :angel

Ladies - I have emailed out usernames & passwords for the Thread CAL Gallery. Let me know if you don't receive it. Or if you want to join. Or if you're having problems uploading, etc.

How's everybody's project coming along? I've managed to do a round and a half on my doily so far. :blush

Hi Michele!

Welcome! :)h

If you leave a comment on the blog with your email address (never displayed), I'll set up a Gallery account for you so you can upload photos of your work(s) in progress/completed items.

I've got 5 rows of hubby's surprise going..I'll try to get photos tomorrow while he's working, or late tonight while he's sleeping and i'm wide awake because I work 3rd shift LOL!! I'm trying to get it done and out of the way so I can work on my 63 squares at work again, but I'm letting him think its going to take till Christmas to be ready :bad

Ok, I'm a button person, and there wasn't one for this crochet along, so I made one, feel free to steal it, or replace it with a better one...I'm feeling a little groovy today, so its a little 70's-ish LOL

threadalong.jpg

Have fun :hee

Can I play, too? :)) Just left a comment at the blog...

I'm making this Celtic bookmark (warning--pdf file). It looks insanely complicated and I've never used thread that small before, but it looks too pretty not to try it! (I'm also midway through a beaded thread shawl that is (with any luck) going to be a birthday gift for my stepdaughter.)

So sorry about forgetting to go to the blog to leave a comment I was just soooooo excited about joining the group last night :bounce

I just emailed my son in Hawaii and my soon to be DL who lives in Japan a couple of tablecloth patterns .... I'll be making the tablecloth for a wedding present (not until this summer so that gives me plenty of time)

While I'm waiting to see what one they would like I'm going to start on a doily tonight .... The doily I picked is Calla Lily by House Of White Birches from there collective doily series I'll be doing it in ecru

Archived