Thread CAL

jingles96

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I've got a picture of a bikini I made around the time this CAL started so here goes...

bikini28yj.jpg

The black one is the recently made one and the pinkish one was the first one I made. I took a picture of the two to show how it looked before and after it was tied up. They're worked in dc with sc edging and the ties were made using ch and sl st. Hope you like! And before you ask it was adapted from two patterns, there's no way I could have made it without one :lol

Those are so cool! I've thought about trying to make one, but I wasn't sure if I'd have to line them or not (and when I do projects that need to be lined I tend to put off lining them forever). Do they keep things covered up okay without a lining?

Announcement: I'm going to be taking over as host of the Thread CAL. I'm putting together a website and will be importing the gallery stuff over there, but it'll probably take me till next week at the earliest to get it finished. Once I'm finished I'll contact Anna to ask her to update the initial post to point to the new site. Any questions, feel free to PM me or email me at yarnification@daisywreath.net :)

I wore the black one to the beach yesterday and they kept things hidden, had one little whoopsie after a wave but that happens with all my bikinis :lol Haven't worn the pinky coloured one yet, but I don't think it would need to be lined either.

• 3 weeks later...

I have learned to crochet mittens and the pattern i found was a very very simple one. I am in the process of crocheting Ice Skated for one of my Groups.

I have also been crocheting on some baby things. I have got to get this baby things done because the Baby is here and I don't have its things ready.I haver got to go because i have got to take my hubby to get his glasses fixed. :coffee:rain:wbrr

Hey folks,

I'm not starting out as a very good host, am I? I'm really sorry I've been MIA for a couple of weeks--I'm the person at my work who does all the taxes and I've been crazy busy getting everything done and getting some accounting stuff straightened out and blah blah blah you are really not interested in that.

So please bear with me for a little while! I've subscribed to the thread now so I'll know when there are new posts, and that should help. And I'm working on setting up a little site so we can transfer the gallery from Anna's site...

Fishbaby - that's great that they don't need lined. I think I'll have a go at that at some point--they're so cute. (But, um, after I lose this last 15 or 20 pounds I need to get rid of, because nobody wants to see me in a bikini right now :lol )

Vaidenbell - I've never seen a thread pattern for mittens. Do you have a link for it, or was it in a book? I'd definitely be interested in having a look at it!

Archived