Thread CAL

jingles96

Gorgeous shawl, Jackie! :clap

I just finished the Prairie Star doily I've been working on... This was the thing I'd posted about in the help forum when I was tearing my hair out over picots. :lol I think I could've done a better job of blocking, but I did a better job at it than my last doily, so there's some improvement anyway...

prairiestar01.jpg

(clickable for full-size)

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished the Prairie Star doily I've been working on... This was the thing I'd posted about in the help forum when I was tearing my hair out over picots. :lol I think I could've done a better job of blocking, but I did a better job at it than my last doily, so there's some improvement anyway...

Oh that is very nice. I like that alot. Great job!

Thanks, Stefani!

And today I finally found a doily-blocking template that I can print out :yay Very happy about that--I did that one without any kind of guide and I was stressing myself out with trying to make sure it stayed round LOL

Thanks, Stefani!

And today I finally found a doily-blocking template that I can print out :yay Very happy about that--I did that one without any kind of guide and I was stressing myself out with trying to make sure it stayed round LOL

Doily blocking template?

update on the tablecloth I'm making for my sons Wedding present ..... I'm on the 9th row of motifs out of 12 then onto the border :cheer :cheerI'm also working on putting some edgeing on the straps of some store bought tank tops for my daughter to go back to school ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Jackie :)

Michele, way to go on the tablecloth! :cheer I haven't dared such a huge project in thread yet. Can't wait to see it!

I finished another doily the other night, just uploaded it to the CAL gallery. I think a bunch of family members are getting doilies for Christmas this year because I'm getting to the point where I don't know what on earth I'm going to do with more doilies, but I can't seem to stop making them :lol But I'm still learning how to block them right at this point. I *really* need to start using that template, I think, because I can see parts of this one where it's not quite round. I might reblock it. (And it's actually white though it doesn't look that way. I've been noticing that whenever I take pictures under compact fluorescent lighting the pictures come out with a reddish cast to them...)

pinwh_doily01.jpg

Hi Melanie! Welcome! I'll create an account for you and email it to you. :)

Everybody else: I'm finally getting back in the swing of things after moving, visiting family and playing pre-step-mom (we've set a date for next Nov!) for two weeks. Now I just have to do that job hunt thing. Ack! :D

Hi Jingles..and congratulations! At least you are getting practice in on being a step mom. I literally jumped in not knowing what to expect. My dh was married before and had three kids from his first marriage. They were at the time, 16,14,and 7. Of course, being 5 years down the road, the 16 year old is now 21 and engaged...the 14 year old is now 19 and already a mother to two kids and the youngest is a 12 year old. He is already bragging about having sex!! I am so glad that my 3 year old is not old enough to understand about sex! I am so excited about being in this CAL....thank you again for having me...oh and good luck being a stepmom!:cheer

• 3 weeks later...

I finished another doily the other night, just uploaded it to the CAL gallery. I think a bunch of family members are getting doilies for Christmas this year because I'm getting to the point where I don't know what on earth I'm going to do with more doilies, but I can't seem to stop making them :lol But I'm still learning how to block them right at this point. I *really* need to start using that template, I think, because I can see parts of this one where it's not quite round. I might reblock it. (And it's actually white though it doesn't look that way. I've been noticing that whenever I take pictures under compact fluorescent lighting the pictures come out with a reddish cast to them...)

Stacey, Your doily is great! I love it and think I need to make one too! I actually like that it looks pink. I may have to try it with the pink thread that I have. Thanks for sharing the picture and the link to the pattern.

Ok, just a bit of news to let you all know, I finished my heirloom tabletopper last week. I wish I was able to post pictures up here at the library but that is a big NO NO. Some thing to do about security. Anyway, I don't have any relatives that own a computer, not here in town that is so I hate to disappoint every one. Right now, I was working on a doily pattern that I tweaked into my own design and to tell the truth, its not pretty and I am not good yet at designing my work. Oh well.

• 3 months later...

I have been crocheting for over40 years and have never Crocheted any mittens. I would love to learn how to make them. So please count me in on the fun.:cheer I am disabled and Live to crochet. I am crocheting Booties for an Indian Reservation Now but when i get through i will be ready to get started.:c9

• 2 weeks later...

Update on Christopher's & Yumi's tablecloth:

I called to find out the tabletop measurements before I added the border just before Christmas and quess what they told me they were going to get a new dineing room set :lol I just added the last couple of motifs today and I'll put it to the side until they get their new set then I'll find out if I have to add more motifs before the border

Here's a picture

thc-y-tablecloth1.jpg

If you'd like to see a bigger picture here's the link:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/FMH_2004/Crochet%20Stuff/c-y-tablecloth1.jpg

Michele,

The tablecloth is beatiful!!! :clap

Wow, it's such a big project, and it's made with thread!

They will absolutely LOVE it! :)

What a wonderful gift!

If you'd like to see a bigger picture here's the link:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/FMH_2004/Crochet%20Stuff/c-y-tablecloth1.jpg

Lovely tablecloth! Wow...you have a lot of patience. :)

In other news - would anybody else like to take over as the host for this CAL? I love seeing everybody's projects, but I don't really have the enthusiasum for hosting a CAL that I thought I would.

Michelle: Wow! That's amazing! :2rock I don't know if I'd ever get through a project that size. Hope their new set isn't much bigger so you don't have to add much more to it!

Anna: I'm tempted to say yes, but I'm afraid I might have too many irons in the fire already to do a decent job of it--but I'll think on it... What does it entail/how much work is it, beyond what's involved in hosting the gallery?

One other thing--I just today realized that when I upgraded to the new version of Gallery on my web site months ago, I totally broke most of the photos I've ever posted at Crochetville. Oops! :oops So I just went through this thread and fixed the ones I could find--hopefully I got them all.

Will be back later with photos of some thread stuff I've finished lately!

Anna: I'm tempted to say yes, but I'm afraid I might have too many irons in the fire already to do a decent job of it--but I'll think on it... What does it entail/how much work is it, beyond what's involved in hosting the gallery?

Stacey - that's pretty much it. Host the gallery and respond to posts here.

Even though I'm somewhat late to the CAL I'm still interested in whipping a few things up, I've got 44 balls of crochet cotton that need using, so there's no way I'm short on supplies :lol If I can get the camera working I'll post a pic or two tomorrow.

Anna--In that case I could take it over...And I have tons of space/bandwidth left over on my hosting account, so no problem hosting the gallery.

've got 44 balls of crochet cotton that need using, so there's no way I'm short on supplies

Woohoo! That's definitely a lot of thread :)

I bought a couple of those Aunt Lydia's mega-huge thread balls on sale a while back and I think I may possibly have enough white crochet cotton to circle the earth a few times LOL I've made a bunch of things out of one of them and I swear the ball just doesn't get any smaller!

Okay, here are a couple of thread items I've finished since I last posted any photos in here...I took a long break from thread in the fall after I overdid it a bit while I was finishing up my thread hair kerchief and developed Numb Finger of Doom. (It took a while to heal up but it's better now, and I'm a lot more careful about taking breaks if my hands start to feel weird!)

This one is Denise Augostine's Dreaming doily pattern--the little one is the coaster size and the bigger one is the small doily size. [/url]

dreaming-doilies2006-01a.jpg

And a thread hair kerchief

hairkerch_thread01.jpg

(both clickable for full-size version...)

Archived