mamas family

I love this show, I know its silly. But on alot of episodes Mama (vickie lawrence) is crocheting, she holds her :clap hook different than I do with her index finger straight out. Also Frannie her characters sister (Rue don't know how to spell her last name lol golder girls) is seen knitting.

I love that show. She's hillarious. Yeah, I noticed that also. I also noticed on Rosanne if anybody else watches it, Where Roseannes mom on the show is knitting with 3 needles. Has anybody ever seen that episode? Why would you use 3 needles? What's the purpose?

Carol:hook

I love that show. She's hillarious. Yeah, I noticed that also. I also noticed on Rosanne if anybody else watches it, Where Roseannes mom on the show is knitting with 3 needles. Has anybody ever seen that episode? Why would you use 3 needles? What's the purpose?

Carol:hook

I'm not a knitter, so I could be way off base, but I think 3 (or more) needles are used when you want to skip working on some stitches for a row or more, then pick them back up later.

What about the mama on Golden Girls, the one who played the old lady but was the same age? She always crocheted on there.

Love all these shows with hand items. The doilies or chair dolies on Mamas Family, the vests or sweaters Roseannes mom wore, the huge granny square afghan on Roseanne (I was watching it once just to catch the afgahan in the show), etc.

I love this show, I know its silly. But on alot of episodes Mama (vickie lawrence) is crocheting, she holds her :clap hook different than I do with her index finger straight out. Also Frannie her characters sister (Rue don't know how to spell her last name lol golder girls) is seen knitting.

I have noticed Mama crocheting on several occasions, and dont forget when Iola crocheted a ivy bottle cozy for Ellen when she went into the hospital to get a "fanny tuck". And have you noticed that on some TV shows when they show someone crocheting or kniotting for that matter, you can kinda tell they arent really doing it. You can just tell the way mama holds the hook and the yarn that she really is crocheting.

• 3 weeks later...
What about the mama on Golden Girls, the one who played the old lady but was the same age? She always crocheted on there.

Love all these shows with hand items. The doilies or chair dolies on Mamas Family, the vests or sweaters Roseannes mom wore, the huge granny square afghan on Roseanne (I was watching it once just to catch the afgahan in the show), etc.

Sophia, Dorothy's mom on GG, yep she was always crocheting, I used to crochet right along with her.

• 4 weeks later...

Vicki Lawerence holds her hook in the palm of her hand with her index finger out, rather than holding it like a pencil. I crochet with the same holding technique. Its supposed to be better on carpal tunnel issues. I just do so because it always gave me beter control over the hook.

Archived