Baby Gift Items?

eebrs

Question

11 answers to this question

I always give hats and booties. If I were to choose one it would be a hat as booties can be a nusiance as they slip off.

bottle cozies to keep milk warm or an organizer that can be hanged by the stroller's handle to put some baby things on whenever Mom and baby is going on a stroll 'round the neighborhood or mall.

Fast and useful would be Dummie keepers. they are a tether for pinning a soother to clothing so it doesn't get lost.

*don't make them too long - choking hazard - and you can start them on the back side of a Large safety pin so they don't come apart.

In the summer, cotton soakers would be nice to cover diapers when that is all the baby is wearing... or grow it a bit to make a sunsuit.

cotton hats are good for summer as well.

I have a set (knitted, but can be crocheted) sweater/hat/booties I have made and given several away. The sweater is knitted all as one piece, only sewing is underarm seam (not my pattern, I got it via snail mail a long time ago from another list)

I have started crocheting a mesh bag for the new mom to wash those tiny baby socks in so they don't get lost in the washer or dryer! Everyone requests one now! :)

I have started crocheting a mesh bag for the new mom to wash those tiny baby socks in so they don't get lost in the washer or dryer! Everyone requests one now! :)

super idea - i will have to start some of those. What a clever girl you are!

This is actually a great idea for infants through toddler socks. Did you use thread to make your bag? Do you have a pattern that you use or did you just wing it?

Funny you should mention that. I have been putting stuff away for when my niece has her first child and I came across this the other day and thought what a great idea. Mary

http://crochetpatternsonly.blogspot.com/2006_10_21_archive.html

Archived