What are you donating to the Auction?

What kind of items are you donating to the Auction?

I'm donating two themed magic balls (knotted scraps, not a magic treasures ball), handcrafted book thongs (made by a friend of mine from leather, beads, and wire), a silk ribbon embroidery kit with a "How-To" video, and a surprise!

How about you?

~ Joy

Hey there - I see great minds think alike! Did you check out the "anyone interested in a CAL post?

We can use this one to list what we're doing and the CAL to actually work on them - what'dya think?

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=53081

I' 1/3 of the way thru making the Crocus Doily and I was thinking about doing a couple kitchen sets.

Hey there - I see great minds think alike! Did you check out the "anyone interested in a CAL post?

We can use this one to list what we're doing and the CAL to actually work on them - what'dya think?http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=53081

I am not that great a crocheter and I'm slow to boot. But I've already donated a finished square for an afghan being put together for the auction.

Other than that, I'm planning to donate some yarn, possibly some hooks, and pattern books. I might think about some noncrochet-related items as well.

I think I'll make some animals with thread (weener dog, bird, hamster...). I'm also trying to decide what else to donate. What are you guys interested in??? I need ideas! Oh, I just thought of something! One of my close friends is a watercolor artist and she makes handmade cards, with pics of her portraits on them. Maybe I can get her to donate some of them!

I just bought the yarn...I'm making an Elvis lapghan.

And since I'm going to Chain Link next month, I'm going to buy a designer's book and try to have the author autograph it for the auction. I'm gunning for Lily Chin, but I'll be happy with anyone.

I need to post a general disclaimer here: if you are donating crocheted items for the Crochetville auction, we need to be very sure all aspects of copyright law have been considered before we'll be able to accept your item.

If you are crocheting an item from a published pattern (whether it is available for sale or for free), you will need permission from the copyright holder to make an item that will be used to make money for Crochetville. Some patterns provide permission to sell what you make printed on the pattern itself, or on the company's website. If you want to make one of these items, when you send in your item, please provide us with a reference to where we can locate the copyright holder's permission for the item to be sold.

If you cannot find this permission specifically stated anywhere, then you will need to contact the copyright holder (pattern designer, publishing company, etc.) to get their express written permission for us to auction off the item you make using their pattern. In this case, please ask the copyright holder to email their permission directly to us as well for our legal files (admin AT crochetville DOT org).

If you are making something from a graph created from a photograph, you will also need permission from the person who owns the copyright to the original photo that was used to create the graph pattern.

If you are making something featuring a trademarked character, you will need to request permission from the trademark owner.

We hate to be nit-picky here, but since we are raising money, and Crochetville ranks high in most search engine results, we do NOT want to do anything that would cause somebody to think we are violating their rights under trademark or copyright law. We don't want to face a lawsuit that would end up taking all the money we raised in the auction, plus a lot more.

If you have any questions about whether there might be a copyright or trademark issue related to the item you want to donate to the Crochetville auction, please let me know. I'll be happy to talk with you about it. And in cases where I'm not confident of the answer, we can run things by our intellectual property attorney. (Although we have to pay a minimum of a 1-hour fee, so I'd rather not have to do that unless absolutely necessary!)

I have a few patten books to donate, Join As Go Afghans, A Year of Afghans book 15. Crochet Doorstops, Cuddle Buddies, and Pastels on Parade Crochet Baby Afghans. I sent $5.00 through Paypal when this first started. I just hope this all helps.

mm I have a few things together. Any suggestions on what people might be interested in from this part of the world?

Hmm, I have some pattern books I could donate. I'm definitely going to donate some hooks I added built up handles to, but then decided I didn't like the way the crocheted (for me).

I might donate a "stash bag" of yarn.

If I have time, I'll make a purse and donate it, too.

Chocolate? Of all things I wouldnt have thought of chocolate. Cadburies is pretty good though.

crikey that thread is 125 pages long! This board moves so quick that I sometimes dont readd all the threads.

Cadbury's doesn't have very much here in the states.

And I swear, American Cadbury's has a different recipe for everything than UK Cadbury's. Not nearly as good. I don't know how Aussie Cadbury's sizes up, but I'd sure love to give it a taste test! ;)

Tiga, are there charms or beads that are Australian-specific you could donate? How easy is it to get bamboo yarn? (Not easy for me here, but I'd consider bidding on some from the 'Ville.)

~ Joy

Chocolate? Of all things I wouldnt have thought of chocolate. Cadburies is pretty good though.

I hate to turn down any sort of chocolate, but I would be very, very wary of sending chocolate to north Alabama during the hot summer. If you send your package via USPS, it will be riding around all day in an un-air-conditioned mail truck, in summer heat and humidity. NOT a good thing for chocolate!

Then, if I'm not home when the mail arrives, it will sit in the hot sun on my porch until I get back.

So it's probably not a good idea to send anything that could melt or otherwise be damaged by heat. :(

Archived