Kelly goes out to play

Shell

I made the Kelly doll a new outfit. I'd call them overalls but I'm sure many more would call them coveralls, dungarees, or a play suit.

It's been a couple of months since the Barbie crew at our house got some new clothes. The pink is size 10 and a 1.65mm hook (US7) and the white size 20 with a 1.3mm hook (US10). There is no pattern, I created this as I went. There are no straps, ties, elastic.. nothing! It's pure crochet. Well around the leg cuffs I back-stiched over each crocht stitch just for interest, I didn't want too much white but needed to break up the pink. I'm really pleased with the effect it gives. For those of you unfamiliar with Kelly she is a Matel doll, Barbie's little sister and about 4" tall. Enjoy

th_DSC02472.jpg th_DSC02474.jpg th_DSC02475.jpg th_DSC02481.jpg th_DSC02480.jpg

they are so sweet whatever you call them, you didn't by any chance wright out a pattern i have a few of those dolls around that could use some clothes

sorry Diane I haven't quite gotten to the pattern writing stage yet. If and when I do I will let you know :) thanks for your kind words

• 8 months later...

Archived