Baby Yarns

What is you favorite yarn(s) to use for baby items? I have a friend expecting her second. I really like to use a bulky or chunky weight so it'll be a quick project. But I can always you more than one strand if it's thinner. Thanks in advance.

I'm using Bernat Softee Baby for the Afghan of the Sandman. I used Bernat Cooridinates for a starghan and many other baby blankets. It's not chunky, but the colors are pretty pastels and there is a bit of a shine to it. And it's machine washable.:2rain

I'd also suggest you ask Mom and Dad if they are allergic to any kind of fiber/material. I almost made the sandman afghan with a wool mix - and Mom and Dad are severely allergic to wool! :eek

I like Lion Pound of Love. It's worsted weight acrylic - machine wash and dry, which is important with babies. I've seen one of the afghans I made from it after many, many washings, and it still looks beautiful and is super soft.

I like the Bernat Baby yarns and Caron Simply Soft (CSS). I actually like the feel of the Bernat Baby Coordinates (BBC) with the Caron Simply Soft. I haven't made a blanket with those two before. But I have made plenty of other things. I like the way it looks with a strand of white CSS and pink or blue BBC. Actually I think I will make something out those yarns now.

Bernat Cotton Tots is great. I have made many a well-loved blankie out of it. It doesn't get too bulky if you use two strands, either.

I used Baby Clouds as well because it worked up quickly and made a thick and extremely soft blanket. It think it is a nylon yarn so no allergy problems there and it washes well. The only extra that I did when I used it was to really make sure the ends were weaved in tightly because I knew it would be in the washer constantly :)

I'm using Bernat Softee Baby for the Afghan of the Sandman. I used Bernat Cooridinates for a starghan and many other baby blankets. It's not chunky, but the colors are pretty pastels and there is a bit of a shine to it. And it's machine washable.:2rain

I'd also suggest you ask Mom and Dad if they are allergic to any kind of fiber/material. I almost made the sandman afghan with a wool mix - and Mom and Dad are severely allergic to wool! :eek

So true... Luckily Mom and Dad don't have that issue, but I do... :blush.. so no sheep for me.

• 3 weeks later...

I use thread, a real soft cotton thread that I have. I also have some chenille that is thread size that I am going to use! I just like the threads for baby better than the yarns.

Archived