Traveling hook II..Hooking for cure, and nana will receive the hook

angelfire

Kiri, I just read your earlier posts about you not getting your very important mail and that was just horrible! But then I got to the happy ending!:cheer God bless the college and their understanding and thank the Lord :clap everything is going better for you now.

Did you ever find out what happened with the mail situation?

:manyheart:hug

I don't know, but quite often when I come home or go out I find the front door wide open... So, I don't know if that's all it is, someone's not shutting the front door properly and someone walking past is just taking the opportunity, or if someone in my house is taking my mail, I just don't know. But it's kinda worrying, Im just glad that my bank cards and stuff get sent to my local branch and I collect them! So, I don't know, but I'm not totally poor, which is a relief. :D

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Everyone!

I got the hook yesterday!

Sorry I'be been a little AWOL from C'ville for a while. My grandmother was very ill and has finally passed, she lived a full life till 90. She's also the one who taught me to crochet! Things will settle back into normal now, and I will be off and running!

You are so welcome, Bonnie! Continuing, on-going thanks for all of your hard work following up, coordinating, receiving squares and maybe soon assembling them together.

This is such a rewarding project and I'm so glad to see others contributing squares even though they won't get to use Jimbo's hook. God bless us all as we crochet squares with thoughts, prayers and blessings for those in different stages of this horrible disease.

I just finished my 5th square and I used Krystal16's beautiful Eternity Squared pattern. It's on my list of WIMs now to make an afghan for my home with this lovely square.

I am really enjoying the creative title changes of the thread as the hook makes its travels. "Baking" not only goes with "Cookie Hooker" but also with "Idaho" potatoes. I'm anxious to see what you come up with when it makes it to Michigan. Should be interesting bouncing it off "loopy". :loco

got the hook today. thank you. it feels so nice to work with.my husband was trying to keep the box from, what a stinker. iam so glad to be part of this. i have a very good friend who has cancer, and it feels good to be doing somthing for the cause. thank you agian for letting be part of this. now back to crocheting. have a wounderful eveing ladies. nana

We need updates and pix on the blog!!!!!! Please I need to see squares.....

:lol great minds think alike:hug I was just coming to post the same thought. I woul like to see all the participants add their experiences to the journal. even if you don't add pictures I would love to know how you felt about using the hook and why you wanted to help with this project. :manyheart

yes, Beth it will be coming to you soon. Hopefully it won't have to float there through flood waters:devil

dont worry all is dry and hot here as it should be...yuck..we are back to no rain and 100 and over days. and high electric bills. so my mail carrier should have no trouble getting it to me, that is unless my weiner dog Sofy is outside. she does not like him and if she is in my front yard he wont leave the mail. so its back to the back for you Sofy...I must have this hook..

We need updates and pix on the blog!!!!!! Please I need to see squares.....

What about pics of squares made before getting the Jimbo hook? Wanna see 'em here on the thread?

:cheer:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:cheer

YAY! Finally got all the permissions to use the button! Here it is:

th_travelinghookbutton.jpg

All images used with permission of the copyright owners

Now, I don't know how to go about linking it and besides, what do I link it to? My first thought would be to link it to our blog rather than this thread.

Any help is appreciated!

Jeannie,

Thank you for all the hard work you and your hubby put into making this button happen. I will have to have someone link it to the blog for me as I don't know how to do it. I think it is wonderful.:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap:yay :yay :yay :yay :yay

It was our pleasure and we enjoyed doing it. Much appreciation also goes to Amy Shelton for all the hard work she did in making sure the Ville is covered legally.

As info, permissions to use the various images were granted by:

Our One and Only Jimbo for the Jimbo Hook: http://www.jimbosfrontporch.blogspot.com/

Circle of Ribbons: http://www.braceletsforlife.com/

Angel Wings: http://www.unitedmaskandparty.com/ click on "Costumes and Accessories", then "Angel & Fairy Costumes, etc."

Map: http://intlwebdesign.com/

Everybody: Use it on your blogs, websites, etc.

Jeannie,

Thank you for all the hard work you and your hubby put into making this button happen. I will have to have someone link it to the blog for me as I don't know how to do it. I think it is wonderful.:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap:yay :yay :yay :yay :yay

i am so excited to say that i have the hook and am going to get yarn tonite. I took it to work today and had to show to eveyone there. just in time for some holiday crocheting

beth

Jeannie,

The button is terrific and I've linked it on my blog already (so happy I could figure that out). Thanks so much for all the hard work:clap

Joyce

:eek :eek I went to look at the blog and found no one is posting I was hoping to see all the wonderful reasons people are making these squares for the cause . :think It can't take more than five minute of your time when you are done with the hook to post a comment on how much you liked the hook ,,why you were making squares in who's honor you are making them for this is a wonderful cause but it could help people suffering with cancer fight .....

hopefully I will see many more post in the comming weeks

The hook left Beth yesterday to travel to TxCrochetlover, being they are both in Texas it shouldn't take too long:hook

On another note, Loopy1 has added a sub-album to the Traveling hook items to display the squares she has been making before the hook arrives to her. If others would like to do the same, feel free to do so as I am sure others would love to see your squares.

Archived