Postal Notes - 15" doll

darski

Postal Notes – 15” doll :pinterest

post-4896-0-21067500-1364346944_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-95944600-1364346944_thumb.jpg

This outfit was made using RH WW yarn in royal navy, lt blue, slate blue and black with 5.5mm, 4.5mm and 4mm hooks.
CF=Centre Front
CB=Centre Back

Uniform Pants in royal-navy blue

Pant legs: do not break off after the second leg

Ch 22 and join to form ring.
Row 1: dc in every chain around

Row 2-3: dc around but FPdc in 15th stitch
For 2nd leg work as above but work FPdc in 9th stitch. Check that this will work an even crease line at about CF.

Join and Torso portion…

Align the two legs with the Creases together (at CF)
Join the two legs with 5 sc then work around torso keeping the FPdc “creases” in place. At the CB, work a Trc into the original sc join stitch and in the stitches on either side of that Trc.

T row 2: work in dc around keeping the ‘creases’.
T row 3: dc around but work dec on the “outside” of the creases and 2 at CB.
T row 4: dc around keeping creases and work one dec at CB. Break off blue

For the “belt” made in Black, I began with a chain loop for the button at CF but that wouldn’t be strictly necessary. If you don’t want the loop, work 2 rows of SC (joined) worked fairly tightly and break off.

If you want the loop, work ch4 and join to form ring then work 2rows of sc around the top –join at end of each round. Break off and tidy ends. Attach a “belt buckle” button at CF

These pants fit loosely (mine do) but I needed to be able to tuck the shirt in to look properly dressed.

Uniform Shirt…
With light blue yarn and 4mm hook
Row 1:Ch 43, dc in 3rd chain from hook and across.(42dc)
Work 3 more rows evenly.
Row 5: Divide sections for fronts and back in this row … dc in 9, hdc, sc, hdc, dc in 18, hdc, sc, hdc, dc in 9
Row 6: (front section only now) dc in 9
Row 7: dc in 6, dc dec , dc in last
Row 8: sc dec in 1st 2 st, 2hdc in next, dc in 5
Row 9: dc in 5
Row 10: hdc in 5. Break off leaving a long tail for sewing shoulder

Work the other front to mirror this side.

Attach yarn in 1st Back stitch (a dc not hdc or sc)
Ch 2, work dc dec in next, dc in 11, dc dec, dc in last.

Work 2 rows evenly.
Work 2 rows with 5 dc on each end with hdc and sc in the middle. See what works for you to keep the pack flat but even. Break off. Join shoulder seams.
Sleeves…
Begin in the back (for both sleeves) and work hdc and sc at the armpit area and dc along the top of the sleeve cap so that the sleeve will tend to slant down. Decrease 2 stitches in the armpit area (sc dbl dec) – do this for 2 rows.

Work 3 rows of dc evenly. Finish off and tidy ends.
posty2.jpg

Collar…
At neck edge and skipping the sc dec stitch at both edges… work FPsc along the neck working 2FPsc in rounded neck parts to keep collar flat.

Work a row of dc in each sc around – increase if necessary to keep collar flat.

Work hdc across row break off and tidy ends.

Sew buttons to front even if you use Velcro (I am planning to buy some Velcro for this myself. It just looks tidier at this size.)

Mail Bag in slate blue…
Ch 3 work 5 dc in 3rd ch from hook.
Work 3 more rows of standard circle pattern
(2dc in each- dc in 1, 2dc in next –dc in 2, 2dc in next-etc.)
Work one more row –keeping the half circle pattern but in HDC. Break off.

Make another half circle but work an extra row of DC evenly. Break off.

With Black join the two half circles with sc joining method. Do not break off
Work a sc into the dc at the ‘side” of the bag.
Chain 30 and join to other side of bag. Sl st across ch 30 then work sc around the back edge of the bag over to where you connected your ch 30 – join to ch.
Sl to back stitches and work dc across ‘back stitches” only
Work FPsc along the dc stitches being sure that the stitches will fold over the front of the bag. If you are turned at this point, work BPsc instead.
Work a final row of dc across the FPsc stitches.

Work a motif that resembles your Postal service logo on the front of the bag. That really is half a Maple leaf.. no really.. it truly, truly is :wlol

post-4896-0-56215900-1364346945_thumb.jpg

Uniform Cap
using royal/navy, slate and black
(by the way, this forms a basic Baseball Cap :yay )
One word of note. I do crochet loosely and this cap was a bit on the small side when I first made it. Granted I wanted that ‘sitting on the top of the head’ look but it just didn’t work so I just pulled my cap and it gave enough to become what you see in the pics

With royal-navy and 4.5mm hook…
Ch 2, 7hdc in 2nd chain from hook (8 hdc)

Work standard circle pattern for 2 more rows.

Mark stitches 10 and 16 as they will outline a flatter front portion - no increases in this front section. Keep moving your marker in the increase stitches at each side of this flat front.

Row 4: hdc in 2, 2hdc in next, hdc in 2 2hdc in next, hdc in 3, 2hdc in next 2, hdc in 4, 2 hdc innext 2 , hdc in 3, , 2hdc in next, hdc in 2, 2hdc in next, hdc in 2. ( I hope those numbers are right :sigh)
Rows 5-7: work hdc in 3, 2 dc in next BUT keep an increase in your marked stitches and not increases in the front portion.

Rows 8-9: work hdc around with increases in only the marked stitches.

Rows 10-11: work evenly in hdc but keep your markers in place. Break off royal-navy.

Attach slate blue and work one row of hdc, join and break off. (this can be worked with a button loop if you wish) sew button at centre back

Brim…
Attach Black in one marked stitch at front.

Row 1: Work FPsc across each front stitch (between markers). Ch 1 turn.

Row 2-3: work hdc in 1st 2 stitches and last 2stitches and sc the middle sts

Row 4: work sc in 1st and last 2 sts, hdc the middle sts and break off. Tidy ends

A note about the socks. They are just the standard crochet tube sock pattern done in navy and worked up to the knee.
I work increases from the toe until I have 21 sts around. Because it is not my pattern to share I can’t include it here.

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2007

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

Darski...I love it :heart you really did a cute pattern :yes I definately have to make this outfit for a doll of mine (since I am a mail carrier) :ty so much for the pattern :)

I'll post a picture after I get it done! :photo

• 10 years later...

Archived