Make your own crochet journal

I was just wondering what kinds of thing y'all would put in a crochet journal? :think

I had a "brilliant idea" a few years ago to keep track of everything I made (mostly blankets), what yarn I used, a small piece of yarn attached, possibly a picture of the finished item, who it was intended for ...blah blah blah, but I found that since most of the stuff I made I didn't have an immediate plan for I wasn't very motivated to keep track ... and then I didn't know why I'd ever want to go back & see what I had done (assuming that if I liked the pattern I would remember and make it again, and if I hated it, I would remember that also)

I wouldn't mind starting one again, but am afraid that I'll have the same problem .. any ideas?

I've always kept track of what I made, who I gave it to, what colors/pattern I used. It was always just wrote on notepaper with a pen. I do have one typed out on the computer now though.

I never thought to keep some of the yarn or the hook size or any of that. I didn't even start getting pictures until I'd been doing it awhile.

Then a couple weeks ago I saw this knit journal:

http://poly-fil.com/knitcare.asp

And posted about it. I also emailed them and they're working on a crochet one.

You don't have to use one, bought or homemade, but some people like me just like list making. LOL

Oh I love making lists! Somehow it makes me feel more organized or more productive (by seeing all the stuff I got done & crossed off the list). Maybe I'll try again - I think I was really, really tired & over-whelmed by being a first-time mom and the journal was "just another thing to do". It'll be nice not to wonder what happened to a certain item ... or what colour of blanket I made somebody. Thanks for the link - I will definately watch for the crochet version.

Also .. I just realized that the original post wasn't necessarily for a crocheted item tracker, but most likely was for people who keep a daily journal (y'know an old-fashioned blog lol). Yes, I am still very sleep deprived!

Fran

My mom has a color printer, she's going to buy some new ink for it and card stock paper for me to print out the pages. She thinks it's awesome and wants me to make it as bad as I want to make it for my future neice/nephew =)

The really cool thing about those pages is that in the bottom right corner is a copyright, and it says "Aunt B"...well I will be the baby's Aunt and my name is Barbara...how perfect! :lol

That's such a great idea! I could see how it could definately be made into a Crochet Journal! Thanx for the link! :knit

• 3 weeks later...

Archived