finished tote for my son

sfgwife

Ok here is the finished project.

I lined it so he wouldn't have to worry bout anything falling out of it. But I wanted it to show on the inside also so I made a different pattern on the inside of the flap for that.

100_0032.jpg

100_0031.jpg

It was the graph of the jolly roger in HH book. The rest I winged it. :) Just made sure I had the same number of st per row.

Neat! I'm looking to make some totes for holding coloring books, games, etc. for kids in the hospital. I have a hard time finding anything for guys! That looks great, and knowing that lots of other boys on here like it, just makes me know that they'd love it. Great job! Do you have any tips on doing lining? How do you measure it, for the material? Do you measure from the outside, then figure 1/4 inch for the hem, or what? That's always given me trouble... Thanks!

Victoria

ok so for the lining............:rofl............ I put it on the bag ........... cut. Decided how wide I wanted the side pieces.....cut............. strap length and width.........cut. And then sewed the strap onto the inside of it. I then just hand stitches the lining together. Just remember when doing the last step to leave a little bit open so you can reverse it to have no ugly seams.

Oh yeah and it was doubled so I could have it nice and pretty on both sides since part of it would show in the sides. Then sewed half of the pieces together and then the other half making it into a bag looking thing. And then put the right sides together and sewed those 2 parts together. Then I did the strap. :rofl

Sorry I can't help you more. :(

I know BAD directions but that is how I do all of mine.

Archived