Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

Rose red- I think any stitch and pattern looks great. I did 2 solid and 2 blending DC for a granny square but many have mixed it up and it all looks good.

I'm getting ready to start a rr and am going to try more rows of each solid and blending on it haven't really decided yet. There are so many possibilities it's all up to the imagination. :)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rose red- I think any stitch and pattern looks great. I did 2 solid and 2 blending DC for a granny square but many have mixed it up and it all looks good.

I'm getting ready to start a rr and am going to try more rows of each solid and blending on it haven't really decided yet. There are so many possibilities it's all up to the imagination. :)

I blended mine the same way...but I made a 20-something rows round ripple...pic on my blog if you want to see...

Tab- remember the offer is open. If you are hunting for a certain color ,let me know or tell me what colors you like .

I'm not totally sure yet I'll be going back down, but if I come up with some extra bucks and am in the mood for a road trip, I may head down for the weekend. It's kinda fun to do that once in awhile .

Thanks Julie! I have to move closer then we could've had a road trip together. It would be interesting to see who could get more words in. :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah

Good morning, everyone. I'll take the picture after Kim wakes up and then get everything posted.:photo

RoseRed - I think this technique works well with just about any pattern, any stitch combination, and any weight thread or yarn. I would just pick something you like and go with that. You'll have to use a larger hook than you would normally use on that pattern because you are using two strands, but that is about the only change needed. My RRs are done with Red Heart Super Saver yarn and a P hook. I am doing 2 rows of solid alternating with 2 rows of blended. I have a total of 26 rounds per full size afghan (7 colors with solid rounds on the inside and outside). This is yielding a nice soft afghan.

Joy - Your ripple afghan turned out beautifully! Great job!!:yay:cheer:yay

Rose

Well, as you can see I came in on the tail end of this ,but these ladies are all such great helpers, that I needn't worry- they are all on the ball and so helpful to anyone coming in with questions.

I'm sure yours will turn out lovely !

Make sure to keep us updated with photos and progress .

Useratl-

I'd be interested in seeing this done with some variegated tossed in with some solids, but not sure how it'd show up or if it'd be noticeable that you used a variegated too . That may be a project to try one of these days just to see what would happen .

Well, Tab

I'll tell you what, we have never talked in person, but I'll bet you my life savings I could out-talk you and I'd just be getting warmed up . :lol

My mom says I just talk to hear my head roar . I know I talk all day even when I'm the only one here .Cam talks just as much as me, so he has learned from the master .

I also talk with my hands. My mom told me once that if someone taped my hands down,I couldn't talk.

Bet I could .:D

Maybe someday we'll get the chance to do that.

If you win, the check will be in the mail : $ 4.79 saved so far !!!

Thanks, Wendy - I amazed myself - and DH - when the rr was finished! With this technique it was so soft and pretty...some little kid will love it!

Okey-Dokey, here are the pictures. The first one in predominantly dark colors is the one I did for my mom and the one that's predominantly light colors is the second one I did. Not sure who that one's for yet. Trouble wanted to pose with both, of course. Enjoy!

DCP_1094.jpgDCP_1111.jpg

Linda - Yep I love 'em both :manyheart Excellent work :clap:cheer I didn't realize they came out that big. Very cool. And, of course, Trouble is adorable as always :manyheart

Take a look and listen -- it may give us all a certain understanding of VanGogh .

It sure gives you a sense of the colors he blended together . I love the one of the night with the dark blues and purples and stars shining .

Linda, I like them both but the one that ends in the grey is my favourite.

I am doing a "love anything in grey" time in my life just now.

I just know I would get so bored doing those outer rows. I love them but that alone keeps me from starting one. :sigh

I don't know which one I like best??? I think if I had to choose, the one the goes from dark to light would be my fave. You can send it to KnicKnac @ :rofl

Julie, I enjoyed watching that!

Thanks Knic

so did I . I know nothing at all about art, so found this to be pretty interesting to actually see some of his work and how he blended the colors like that . He had so many pretty blues in his photos .

I like both too Linda but I think I lean a little more towards the dark to light one too. I don't know why, they are both great!

Take a look and listen -- it may give us all a certain understanding of VanGogh .

It sure gives you a sense of the colors he blended together . I love the one of the night with the dark blues and purples and stars shining .

Thanks so much for sharing this, Julie! It was beautiful music and I also love the starry night pic. I have a big notebook with the nighttime cafe table scene on the cover that I bought a while back...and now I'm in this CAL!

I like both too Linda but I think I lean a little more towards the dark to light one too. I don't know why, they are both great!

Linda, ditto from me...

Have a great vacation!!:hug

Julie~I talk a whole LOT more in person but when we first meet I don't talk much at all. So after your warm up i'de be ready to roll. :D And if you win you can have my life savings & seeing that I don't work that'de be $0.00. :P I think we'de have a blast. Party, party! :cheer

Tab

I'd have a head start on you then because my dad says I've never met a stranger and it's true. I talk nonstop to EVERYONE ,whether I know them or not .

I'm a little worried that if we were on a road trip together, we'd have that Spontaneous Combustion thing, where we'd both suddenly CATCH FIRE from the friction of so much talk in a combined space. Whatcha think ?

Better wear your fireproof fishnets just in case .

Tab

I'd have a head start on you then because my dad says I've never met a stranger and it's true. I talk nonstop to EVERYONE ,whether I know them or not .

:lol My daddy used to say that about my mama :manyheart We'd go to the store and she'd be chatting to the lady in front of us since, obviously, they were old friends. The lady would leave and I'd ask Mama, "Who was that?" then she'd said, "I don't know just some nice lady in line." :lol

Cara

Your mom sounded like my kind of people . Is she still with us ? I love people like that that are so friendly . My mom says I'm gonna end up dead in a ditch someday for talking to strangers, but I've done it for almost 50 years and so far, I'm still alive, so I guess I'll keep on yakking .:lol

Cara

Your mom sounded like my kind of people . Is she still with us ? I love people like that that are so friendly . My mom says I'm gonna end up dead in a ditch someday for talking to strangers, but I've done it for almost 50 years and so far, I'm still alive, so I guess I'll keep on yakking .:lol

She was great :manyheart No she and daddy both passed within 23 days of each other four years ago :cry But glad we had 'em while we did :manyheart

Archived