Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

Joy- I've used both ends but your right you have to be real careful to pull it off the outside so it doesn't twist. If your doing a color that you won't need a lot of I balled a skein into 2 balls to use it to save from buying 2 skeins for just a little bit of yarn.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Renee- gonna have a photo to share soon ?

------------

Hi Julie, welcome back from vacation! As for having a photo - I don't have a digital, so that makes things challenging for me to share photos. I haven't made any recent progress on my giant granny, since I was working on some smaller projects for my SP.

Okey dokey --

Just counted my yarn I got this week .

4 7 oz skeins Sierra

8 3.5 oz skeins light sage

8 " " " med teal

8 " " " copper

8 """" sugar and spice

6 7 oz Red Heart pink camo

2 Cafe

2 Raspberry

These last are the small skeins, all variegated colors.

1 rainbow brites

1 purples

1 sedona

1 spice

1 rambling rose

Nope, Darski

no tricks here. I just have 47,000 errands to get done today along with laundry, unpacking, putting away , and my parents are here packing the last of their stuff to take home with them ,so it's been a "LITTLE" hectic here the past 2 days to say the least .

Just now had the3 time to count my yarn. I don't keep a running tally, I just buy it and shove it in a bag in the closet .

Okey dokey --

4 7 oz skeins Sierra

8 " " " med teal

8 " " " copper

8 """" sugar and spice

2 Cafe

2 Raspberry

1 rainbow brites

1 purples

1 sedona

1 spice

1 rambling rose

:eek :eek :eek

Okey dokey --

4 7 oz skeins Sierra

8 " " " med teal

8 " " " copper

8 """" sugar and spice

2 Cafe

2 Raspberry

1 rainbow brites

1 purples

1 sedona

1 spice

1 rambling rose

Wow Julie, you hit the jackpot. Wanna share your winnings?? :devil Just kidding. :rofl

I can't wait to see what you use all those perdy colors on.

Tab

Sure, I'll share-- which ones do you want ?

I MAY be making a trip back down there soon. Not sure yet if I'll go or not, but Jethro will be gone for a weekend ,so I may go down there to have a weekend getaway while he's gone.

If so, just tell me any colors you want and I'll get some for you. They order every color RH makes . :yes:yay

Good morning, everyone. I'm down to about 1 1/2 rows on the green RR. Hope to have it finished before we leave on vacation on Friday.:yes

Linda

Have a great time on vacation !

Wendy- yea, it'll be quite some time til I'm allowed to dig out any of my new yarn since I have all my Sky projects to complete, but maybe it'll make me wanna get them done quicker now . :)

Hi all, I busted out my giant granny and put another round on it. It's getting pretty big at this point, and that round took a while to do. Luckily it's mindless work. I have about 4 more rounds in my current color scheme, then I will blend in my final color set, and finish up. Maybe I'll have it done in the next few weeks some time. I also have to other ghans that I need to do finish up (mostly weaving in of ends), and then I should send them off to PL.

Renee - I'm with you! I love dem squares :manyheart Don't even have to think about them anymore. That's how I get so many quilts done :yes It's not dedication it's just the path of least resistance :lol

Hello ladies! I just got back from Michaels with pastel rainbow colors in Bernat Baby Co-ordinates. As soon as I finish my heart shawl for the shawl cal I'll be jumping in.

I am in love with this technique and can hardly wait to get started!

Tab

Sure, I'll share-- which ones do you want ?

I MAY be making a trip back down there soon. Not sure yet if I'll go or not, but Jethro will be gone for a weekend ,so I may go down there to have a weekend getaway while he's gone.

If so, just tell me any colors you want and I'll get some for you. They order every color RH makes . :yes:yay

Thanks Julie, that's so sweet. :manyheart I don't know how you just put it away without playing with it. You are stronger then me that's for sure. :yes

I got the second RR done this afternoon. Wheeeeeee!!!!! I'll take a picture of it tomorrow and get it posted. What do you think? Should I repost a picture of the first one so you can all compare them and vote on which one you like best? :think

Linda

I vote yes for the 2 afghans to be posted together so we can see them side by side .

Joy- good job on finishing your ripple. It is very pretty .

Tab- remember the offer is open. If you are hunting for a certain color ,let me know or tell me what colors you like .

I'm not totally sure yet I'll be going back down, but if I come up with some extra bucks and am in the mood for a road trip, I may head down for the weekend. It's kinda fun to do that once in awhile .

Im finished with my van gogh pillow. I will show pics on friday.
What? You're making us wait until Friday....Come on! Its almost friday.....lets have a peak! :D

OOOO, I can't wait to see pictures! Joy, that is a beautiful ripple!

Almost done with my RR!!! I should be ready to post SOME pics tomorrow, I don't know if they will be completed pics, but it will be pics! :lol

. . . It seems to me . . .

This VanGogh style is the key to a pattern that otherwise might seem uninspiring in a solid, and for which you can't find a yarn color you really like . . . DIY Variegate! All of you are *such* an inspiration, and this is exciting. Thanks for all the great work . . .

:dreaming

I really like the granny square one. Can you tell what kind of yarn you used and how many rows of solid and how many rows blended? That's exactly the look I want to go for whenever I do actually start one of these!!!!

. . . It seems to me . . .

This VanGogh style is the key to a pattern that otherwise might seem uninspiring in a solid, and for which you can't find a yarn color you really like . . . DIY Variegate! All of you are *such* an inspiration, and this is exciting. Thanks for all the great work . . .

:dreaming

In a nutshell!! It's also a great stash-buster!

Ok ladies - from working so much with kitchen cotton and an E hook my hands hurt. I'm going to do my pastel rainbow first!!!!! YAY - I'm, excited!

Questions -

What's the best stitch for this technique?

what's the perfect row counts for the blending rows?

Should I do a LONG granny type or just a straight across?

I REALLY want your opinions!!! or i wouldn't ask

~RR~

Archived