Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Becky- I love that it's blending real beautifully.

Welcome Melissa- It's a very fun technique.

Deb- you can do it, just borrow any of our color choices :)

Joy I know you can do it. I'll give out a secret. I don't really feel like I have a good eye for colors. I struggle with it and always feel real frustrated choosing colors. I take forever just to choose a color to paint a room. But somehow it works out fine in the end. So just dive in and pick colors you like it will be beautiful. :)

Linda

Very beautiful -- now I don't know which I'm gonna like the best ! It'll be neat to see them both ways .

Heather- don't worry, I won't use the bat on you. You are a fast crocheter and are getting a lot accomplished ! I think you'll finish about 13 projects to every one I do .

Welcome, Becky

Beautiful start to your baby-ghan !

Welcome ,Melissa ! We'll be excited to see what colors you choose .

Everybodies work is so beautiful. I'm not good with picking colors and I'm afarid I would make a mess of it. Someday I'd like to try this. Thanks everyone for sharing your creations and ideas.

I'm not good with colors, either...but look at the picture of my round ripple...my blog in my siggy line...

You can do it! I saw where one of us made a beautiful baby ghan using shades of the SAME color...eliminates the unknown, IMHO.

I am going to post this pic as it is a completed project in this style. it looks better (as a bunting not a VanGogh) in person but it is the end of my attempt at this technique. Maybe next year when I get through all my WIP's and Julie lets me start another something or other.

vg1-1.jpg

for the life of me, I don't know why this went so badly when others did so well using a same colour plan in a dark to a light... :sigh

I am going to post this pic as it is a completed project in this style. it looks better (as a bunting not a VanGogh) in person but it is the end of my attempt at this technique. Maybe next year when I get through all my WIP's and Julie lets me start another something or other.

vg1-1.jpg

for the life of me, I don't know why this went so badly when others did so well using a same colour plan in a dark to a light... :sigh

I wouldn't say it went badly at all! It's just different - and that might be because the colors were strong ones, instead of more subtle shades. As an examle...I was daydreaming in front of the Caron Soft yarn and saw 3 shades of purple that seemed to blend well together - but I put them back:yes - I do that - stand in front of the yarn displays, I mean:P . I think my mind is going...

I was daydreaming in front of the Caron Soft yarn and saw 3 shades of purple that seemed to blend well together - but I put them back:yes - I do that - stand in front of the yarn displays, I mean:P . I think my mind is going...

:rofl At least you aren't talking to it yet like I do....."Now why don't you come in a shade between this red and this one?!? Why must you make my life difficult." Guess I won't really start worrying until I actually expect it to answer me :rofl

Darski - I think your bunting is adorable! :manyheart

Darski - I think it looks great!

I finished my rr for in here today so I can't start another one till Friday when it's baby stuff for the charity blitz I want to do some in baby colors for the hospitals. Till then I'm trying to clear up some more of my WIPs.

I'm hopeless. I'm addicted to these blended round ripples. Help!!!! :eek Today I went out and bought 4 shades of blue to make one for my nephew as a high school graduation present. He can use it in his dorm room at college next year. Maybe? Is this something he will like? EEEEEKKKKKK!!!! :eek :eek :eek

Heather, tha's gorgeous!!! :yay:cheer:yay I haven't been brave enough to try the bright colors yet, but yours are stunning.:yes

:clap:cheer I have got my yarn finally for the petbed I am going to make for Lucy Liu.. (my Japanese Chin) .. she is always sliding around on the carseat so am going to make a "donut" shape, and use polyfil for inside the donut. If that isn't clear as mud, when I figure out how to post pics here, I will toss one up .. I have to figure out the best photo bucket to use.. am having fun crocheting this cloudy but nice Memorial Day weekend in Puget Sound.. :clap;)

OH HEATHER! Wow I just looked again at the trip around the world ghan. I really really am so impressed !! I wonder if I could have the patience to do one of those, really nice work, I want to do one! Good job!!

Thimble

I've looked at all these beautful afghans enough. I started one today. It was a little akward using a P hook and two stands of yarn but I finally got the hang of it. I'm on row 16. About how many rows did everyone do on their round ripple? I'm using all the pastel colors I had (off white, baby yellow, cornmeal, peach, baby pink, light lilac, orchard heather, baby blue, light sage and med sage.

I've looked at all these beautful afghans enough. I started one today. It was a little akward using a P hook and two stands of yarn but I finally got the hang of it. I'm on row 16. About how many rows did everyone do on their round ripple? I'm using all the pastel colors I had (off white, baby yellow, cornmeal, peach, baby pink, light lilac, orchard heather, baby blue, light sage and med sage.

That's going to be very pretty!

I think mine was about 24 inches with the P hook. I probably could have made it smaller...turned out about 42 inches I think - big enough for a toddler. It's a Project Linus blankie. I did find that the P hook and 2 strands made the ghan loose. For myself, I might go down a size in the hook next time (I still have lots of baby yarn to play with:D ).

It does go fast - and the design is VERY addictive:lol

Morning, everyone. Welcome, Deb & Thimble! :welcome

Deb, I'm using RHSS and a P hook. 26 rows with that is about 60" for me.:hook

Thimble, I like the sound of what you are making for Lucy Liu.:yes

Good morning, everybody. It's sure been quiet here this weekend. We had a quiet, safe holiday. I'm going to try to split my time this week between my RR and my quiltghan. We'll see how I do be Friday. :)

Archived