Would you frog this? PIC- Tiramisu blanket mistake (yes, again...)

NeedSleep

Question

So I was busting away at the Tiramisu blanket today. I started it all over today and got quite a bit done. I lay it down to admire it in good light just now and ARRRGGGG!!!! I don't know what I did, but the stitches got off and it's uneven.

This is the first real thing I've ever made and I want it to be perfect, so I'm planning on sleeping on it and frogging it back to the mistake in the morning.

1-Would you?

2- What do you think happened?

It's not crazy obvious, but it's all I see when I look at it now. It's meant to be a gift too.

I wish I'd have noticed before I got so far.

The red line shows how things got off just a bit. I guess I started in a wrong stitch somewhere? Any ideas?

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL76/1911429/3892163/250221821.jpg

15 answers to this question

Frog it. It's going to bother you like crazy until you do. :) I know that from experience. :)

I agree, frog it. It's looking good, though!

You probably forgot to skip a stitch somewhere or skipped two instead of one or something. What I did at the beginning of each row is when I put the first stitch in, I made sure it was in line with previous rows, and checked periodically during the row...not a lot, but every few rows I'd eyeball it to make sure they were in line.

I'm proud of you for not giving up!

:lol

I agree, frog it. It's looking good, though!

You probably forgot to skip a stitch somewhere or skipped two instead of one or something. What I did at the beginning of each row is when I put the first stitch in, I made sure it was in line with previous rows, and checked periodically during the row...not a lot, but every few rows I'd eyeball it to make sure they were in line.

I'm proud of you for not giving up!

Thank you!! You encouragement is much needed right now!!

Yep, gonna check that stitches are in line every few rows from now on.

This is how we learn, right? Well, it seems to be how I learn anyway! I've frogged this poor blanket so many times, I could have made 4 screwed up one by now!!

You're doing great. I am so glad I didn't have much trouble with mine, because I don't think I have half your patience. Keep up the good work! I'm so excited to see a finished picture.

You know? I stared and stared at that picture, and I would have never seen that mistake if you hadn't drawn the red lines to show it. Even then I didn't see it hardly.

If this blanket were draped on a bed, or especially in someone's lap, I would never, ever notice it. If I was making this blanket and having repeated trouble with it, and it's only a mistake as small as that, I would just keep going and not point it out to the recipient! It would bother me more to continually frog it than to have a small error in it. Everyone's different, though - do what you're comfortable with.

~ Joy

The other option at that point is to make the same mistake every so often as you work along so that the change in line and pattern is a design element. :wlol I am so bad by finding the easy way to deal with my mistakes.

In the old days, with typewriters, if I typed the wrong letter to start a word, I would stop to see if I could use a word that began with that letter. :wlol Who even remembers typewriters :grandma:grandpa :rofl

I did that so many times with mine! It was so frustrating, I think I frogged it back the equivalent of two blankets. I also had massive tension issues, around the middle of the blanket, it significantly shrank in size. I was already a little more than halfway done. Luckily, for that kind of mistake, the edging straightens things out quite a bit.

but I really like the color you used! It looks great otherwise!

The other option at that point is to make the same mistake every so often as you work along so that the change in line and pattern is a design element.

If the row was "odd" the entire way...I would use darski's suggestion...but...since it does seem to correct itself along the way...I would frog it. You know it is going to drive you nuts it you don"t!!!

I frogged it and almost have the body of it done :) I'm so glad I did.

Since this is the first thing I've ever made, my gauge/tension fluctuated a lot I guess and the blanket is quite wobbly, but I don't really mind. I'm hoping the edging will help with that, but if not I'll still be happy with it.

Archived