You know you have a problem when....

You look at closet organizers and wonder if you could get more yarn in less space.

You go to sleep at night thinking about crochet.

You are having a bad day and your little toddler notices and offers you a skein of yarn.

Anybody have any others?

When you find extra hooks in your purse, on the floor of the car, under your bed and eventually sit on the one in the couch.

...your husband knows his little "Chinese finger-cuff" thing with the new skiens of yarn will earn him looks that could kill, especially when he has pushed in the end.

When at the mention of "shopping" your 2 year old starts crying and says, "I don't want to go look at yarn again!"

This goes hand in hand with being pregnant, mentioning dinner, and the same 2 year old crying and saying, "I don't want pizza again!"

When your 5 yr old tells you that her mothers day gift for you is the box of yarn she found in her closet on the top shelf that you swear you didnt buy when your hubby was on a trip oops :think :think

... The first thing you pack on any trip is at least one or two projects, even if you're only gone overnight...

or

... you pack more yarn than clothes for an overnight business trip...

:D

When your 5 yr old tells you that her mothers day gift for you is the box of yarn she found in her closet on the top shelf that you swear you didnt buy when your hubby was on a trip oops :think :think

When you try to convince your hubby "Honey...I've HAD that yarn for some time now!!!"

You're constantly looking for a place to hide your newest stash purchase ::::guilty::: :blush to keep hubby from finding it!!!:devil

When you rush home before DH so that you can hide your latest yarn purchase. This also includes taking the wrapper off so that you can claim that you have had that yarn "forever".

Hey we should go shopping together!!! :yay

When you wake up in a 'grouchy' mood and your DH suggest he take you to your LYS (Michael's, JoAnn's, WalMart) to cheer you up.

You get only gift cards for Michael's (or local LYS) for your birthday, Mother's Day, Christmas, anniversary, etc. This happened to me 2 years ago. Everyone got me Michael's gift cards.....it was GREAT!!!

When you rush home before DH so that you can hide your latest yarn purchase. This also includes taking the wrapper off so that you can claim that you have had that yarn "forever".

When you rush home to take the wrapper off your latest yarn purchase and hide it and you don't have a DH! :eek

When you have your yarn delivered to work because you "can't wait to see it", and you've overheard your co-workers whispering about an "intervention." :eek

When you rush home to take the wrapper off your latest yarn purchase and hide it and you don't have a DH! :eek

When you have your yarn delivered to work because you "can't wait to see it", and you've overheard your co-workers whispering about an "intervention." :eek

:rofl :rofl I love these. Don't know which one I like best tho, the one about hiding your yarn & you don't have a DH or the the 'intervention'. :rofl :rofl

How about when you have 7 bins of afghans left over after giving at least 2 to everyone you know? This on top of having 7 or 8 bins of yarn still waiting for just the right project and enough time?!

yarnyviolet said:

You are having a bad day and your little toddler notices and offers you a skein of yarn.

I LOVE this! My four year old always wants me to lay in bed with her to watch a movie, and her bribe is "Mama, you can do crochet in my bed!"

:yes

Plus, any time she sees any yarn she calls it "crochet"

How about when you have 7 bins of afghans left over after giving at least 2 to everyone you know? This on top of having 7 or 8 bins of yarn still waiting for just the right project and enough time?!

:eek :eek You have bins of FOs? I didn't know such a thing existed! Wow!

My kids call yarn "crochet" too.

Another one is you start to think you actually have enough store bought clothes and spend the money on more yarn for a sweater you won't be able to make for at least a year. Dh even tries to entice me by saying I should take the day and go shopping when we go to the city and I turn and say that there is only one yarn store so I don't need a whole day.

We don't have home mail delivery here and I am sure the post office ladies are wondering about all my parcels from Elann.

Rachel

Archived