Greetings from Pickles

HookandCrook

Hey! Your new home is shiny! I like it. I'm new to Crochetville, but not to boards. I love boards and have a couple that I call "home". ;)

One question and then I'll tell ya' who I am. I prefer to visit boards and not be listed on the front page. I notice that you don't have that option open here, but I'm wondering if it can be done. If the owner/mod wants to know why, just drop me an email. Okay - on to who I am. :D

I'm Pickles - wife to Mr. Retired, and human can opener to 2 furballs known as cats (BC and Abby Darlin'). We live in No. California where the winters are grand and the summers are almost unbearable. ;) I am an Oregonian-wannabe!!!!!!!! :) :) :) If all goes well, we will be in Oregon for Christmas!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!

Let's see, I learned to crochet just over 30 years ago, shortly after I got married. I also enjoy doing cross-stitch, simple patchwork quilting, beaded felt projects and various and sundry other things.

I've just gotten started doing emoticons with a 3D program (it's all my hubby's fault!), and I like to play around in Photoshop Elements -- although I leave the fancy stuff to my hubby. hehehe

I'm an avid reader (book addict is more like it) with eclectic taste in books. The kitchen was my haven until my husband retired. Now I'm learning to share - but it's not easy. ;) I like to bake bread and other delicious concoctions, cook, and play with food. ;)))) I also like to dabble in the garden (even though I'm not good at it) and generally have fun.

I know sleepygal1948 from a crochet list. *waves HI!* I possibly know others of you, but you would know me by my real name -- which I don't use in public forums. (So if you know who I am ... don't spill the beans, okay.) :lol

Anyhow, that's me for now. I'll chat with you tomorrow.

Pickles

Hi xantha! I enjoyed your blog (I'll have to chat with you about how you set it up and such, and I'll check into the crochet community at livejournal - that's where my journal is "Pickles' Barrel".)

Thanks for the welcome!

Pickles

:welcome Pickles!! :hi

Right now our policy is to not let anyone be invisible, even Administrators. If we should change that, we will let you know. :)

Hi, Pickles! :hi Welcome! :welcome

Sorry about the invisible thing! That was totally an oversight on my part. :embar It's fixed. All registered users now have the option of making themselves invisible.

Thanks for the welcomes.

MsKennedy, my user name was taken from a cartoon strip ... Pickles. I swear the creator is talking about Mr. Retired and I ... so Pickles I am. :lol

Donna, not a prob and thanks!

Wow Pickles,

I just looked at your pics of finished projects. Your threadwork is :eek awsome. More patience than I have. Keep up the good work.

Wow Pickles,

I just looked at your pics of finished projects. Your threadwork is :eek awsome. More patience than I have. Keep up the good work.

:2blush Thank you very much. I love working with thread, but haven't been able to do so since I lacerated my finger. I hope to be able to get back to my steel hooks before the year is over. :)

Hi Chatty and Aunty Dana! Nice to see you both!

Archived