Does anyone know the name of this book??

penitho

Question

hate to show you this...http://www.superbookdeals.com/cgi-bin/moreinfo.cgi?item=4911486&SEO_TID=2201801&seoid=5

While it's the same author, I don't believe it's the same book. I could be wrong though...

I'm not sure what book that is, but I believe the more expensive book you are referring to is the Big Book of Scrap Crochet Afghans, also published by House of White Birches, which contains only afghans. No doilies and such. That one has gone for over $100 before.

That's precisely why they don't list the book name. :) HA!! Usually, you can find it cheaper on Amazon, otherwise, though that particular vendor does generally have items cheaper than you can find them elsewhere. I've bought from her before; quality items. But, dig around a little, and you might find it. Or, you can also call Annie's. They are fairly helpful if you know exactly what you are looking for. So, if you do find out the title of the book, give them a call. Sometimes they have copies laying around. ;)

Wow. I did find another seller, the book so far is going for $46 with a little over an hour left.

That listing went as far as to say the copyright was 2006.

You've got me curious, and I'm on a hunt now, lol!

Sally

Wow. I did find another seller, the book so far is going for $46 with a little over an hour left.

That listing went as far as to say the copyright was 2006.

You've got me curious, and I'm on a hunt now, lol!

Sally

Yes I have been watching both auctions, and the $46 one was just $9 about 4 hrs ago. It just keeps going up.

Yes I notice the sellers hardly ever put the names of the books anymore and I believe it is because you can go find it cheaper at amazon. I have done it. But I can't find out the name of this paticular book.....I thought someone will know and share with us.. I have been hunting the title for a while now.

Hope this works and someone has this book and will share the name..

:)

peni

Okay, just gotta say, WHY did I read this??? :hook WHY did I click on the link??? WHY did I feel the urge to go on the hunt??

I went and bought that book from Purple Kitty Yarns. Since there is no year on it, and not too many pictures, I am hoping it's the same one that's on eBay. If not, it should be close! How many books does Annie's have with 304 pages of both afghans and doilies? (hopefully only the one!)

Sally

Okay, just gotta say, WHY did I read this??? :hook WHY did I click on the link??? WHY did I feel the urge to go on the hunt??

I went and bought that book from Purple Kitty Yarns. Since there is no year on it, and not too many pictures, I am hoping it's the same one that's on eBay. If not, it should be close! How many books does Annie's have with 304 pages of both afghans and doilies? (hopefully only the one!)

Sally

:think :think Uh oh...........I went to Amazon and bought that same book....both pictures on the front of the book, are in the pictures listed in the auction, so I will cross my fingers too that it is the book I am looking for....................

I cannot even think about paying $120 for the big book of scrap afghans!!!:eek :eek :eek

with all the doilies and pineapple throws you think it is the big book of scrap afghans??

peni

Thank goodness! I was getting nervous after reading more messages, wondering if I had bought the right book after all,lol!

Looks like I did, I just hope I have time to make stuff from the book after I get it!

Sally

:hook I was too, but I bought it anyway and relieved to see it is the right one. I can't wait for it to get here so I can look and decide what to make frst.................:manyheart It has quite a few lovely pieces. I really like the pineapple spread...

peni

The book that has the pattern for the hat afghan, It is called the Big Book of Scrap Crochet Afghans. The picture and pattern of the hat afghan are on the inside of the book. There is a ripple afghan on the cover. It is put out by House of White Birches. First printing in 2005. Hope this helps you to find the book.

The book that has the pattern for the hat afghan, It is called the Big Book of Scrap Crochet Afghans. The picture and pattern of the hat afghan are on the inside of the book. There is a ripple afghan on the cover. It is put out by House of White Birches. First printing in 2005. Hope this helps you to find the book.

i dont think that that is the book in the auction, the auction actually says 304 page book, the big book of scrap afghans is only 189, here is hope that that isnt the book since that one os so darn expensive

The book I am looking for has table toppers in it to....I know differant books have the same patterns in them, I have one pattern in three differant books. (Noah's Ark) I think the big book of scrap afghans is "only" afghans. Right??

peni

That's precisely why they don't list the book name. :) HA!! Usually, you can find it cheaper on Amazon, otherwise, though that particular vendor does generally have items cheaper than you can find them elsewhere. I've bought from her before; quality items. But, dig around a little, and you might find it. Or, you can also call Annie's. They are fairly helpful if you know exactly what you are looking for. So, if you do find out the title of the book, give them a call. Sometimes they have copies laying around. ;)

Actually this book goes for well over $100 on Amazon! :eek It is the most sought-after book right now (right up there with the Cathedral Rose Window book). I consider myself lucky for being able to buy it on eBay for $40. I think it is out of print so it is doubtful Annie's has any copies lying around.....

Maggie's Crochet shows pics of the patterns in the book "Favorite Throws & Table Toppers to Crochet" that are the same as the Ebay auction. Her price is higher than the other sites listed but this book contains the hat afghan also. A lot of patterns are included in several publications.

http://www.maggiescrochet.com/pages/Leaflets/ASN_Annies/AA876558_favorite_throws_and_table_main.htm

Hope this helps...Debi

Sally

:cheer Yeah Sally, looks like we got the right book!!

I want to thank everyone for their help in finding the name of this book........

peni

If Crochet Throws and Table Toppers is the book you are looking for, go to

http://www.fetchbook.info

Put that name in the search bar and click on Compare Price. You will see that you can get that book for $14.82 from Buy.com

Fetchbook is a great resource when looking for books on the net.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to confuse anyone. The particular auction she listed IS NOT the Big Book of Scrap Crochet Afghans. A few of the patterns, (3 in particular) such as the hat one, are in that book, but this is not the book in that auction. I think the book of Crochet Throws and Table Toppers is the correct book you are looking for.

Thank goodness! I was getting nervous after reading more messages, wondering if I had bought the right book after all,lol!

Looks like I did, I just hope I have time to make stuff from the book after I get it!

Sally

Archived