Does anyone know the name of this book??

penitho

Question

Just wanted to say, I got my book from Chapters today! I ordered Sunday night, and the book was waiting for me when I got home from work today. Waiting for hubby to leave so I can drool over it...I mean...look through it in peace!

Sally

Darn, now I want it..I am going to go order it now.......I want to make those rose tabletoppers.....I love the tabletoppers and will make them all, I won't do the afghans, don't do the hard ones, just want the tabletoppers....

Maggie's Crochet shows pics of the patterns in the book "Favorite Throws & Table Toppers to Crochet" that are the same as the Ebay auction. Her price is higher than the other sites listed but this book contains the hat afghan also. A lot of patterns are included in several publications.

http://www.maggiescrochet.com/pages/Leaflets/ASN_Annies/AA876558_favorite_throws_and_table_main.htm

Hope this helps...Debi

After looking at maggies crochet (link above) I am convinced it is the book I am after. the table toppers and afghans are the same.

I will let you know when it gets here how exciting it is.....Amazon has or had them starting at $14.98 and up new and used...........

peni :hook

OO thanks for asking this question i was wondering the same thing . I just ordered mine from blackwell . cost me 15.64 with shipping . I've been checking on the ebay auction for awhile too. As well as looking for the big book of crochet scrap afghans eek at the price of that one. So thanks again to you all. I can't wait to get this. :D

Actually this book goes for well over $100 on Amazon! :eek It is the most sought-after book right now (right up there with the Cathedral Rose Window book). I consider myself lucky for being able to buy it on eBay for $40. I think it is out of print so it is doubtful Annie's has any copies lying around.....

Speaking of the Cathedral Rose Window.. I happened to run across it tonight.. only 12 hours to go and still only 9.xx. Should be fun to watch how fast it goes up. Ebay auction #160110244659

hate to show you this...http://www.superbookdeals.com/cgi-bin/moreinfo.cgi?item=4911486&SEO_TID=2201801&seoid=5

Please pass the Ketchup.. you were right and I was wrong. I thought the book wanted was the scrap afhgan, not the table topper. Good Eye!!

Eek don't order it from blackwell they charged me twice as much as much twice. so 60.60 for this book i canceled my order but she said that she would try to get it canceled. .. try heh.She says the charges haven't been issued its just a enquiry into the bank and wont be charged untill it is shipped. I called my bank and it hasn't went through yet so they said i would have to wait until it goes through its pending atm . Sigh guess i shoulda stuck to amazon or something.. I will know in a few days if its canceled or not if not i will be filing a dispute at the bank.

Maggie's Crochet shows pics of the patterns in the book "Favorite Throws & Table Toppers to Crochet" that are the same as the Ebay auction. Her price is higher than the other sites listed but this book contains the hat afghan also. A lot of patterns are included in several publications.

http://www.maggiescrochet.com/pages/Leaflets/ASN_Annies/AA876558_favorite_throws_and_table_main.htm

Hope this helps...Debi

Maggies is having a 40% off sale tomorrow 9am to 9pm, est.. to celebrate reaching 40,000 subscribers. That should bring the price of the book down to near 15.00... reasonable.

Speaking of the Cathedral Rose Window.. I happened to run across it tonight.. only 12 hours to go and still only 9.xx. Should be fun to watch how fast it goes up. Ebay auction #160110244659

:eek :eek Wow! itwent for $22.72..............cheap or that book!!!:think

Eek don't order it from blackwell they charged me twice as much as much twice. so 60.60 for this book i canceled my order but she said that she would try to get it canceled. .. try heh.She says the charges haven't been issued its just a enquiry into the bank and wont be charged untill it is shipped. I called my bank and it hasn't went through yet so they said i would have to wait until it goes through its pending atm . Sigh guess i shoulda stuck to amazon or something.. I will know in a few days if its canceled or not if not i will be filing a dispute at the bank.

:think:eek Oh my gosh, how can they charge you $60.60 for this book?? what happened to the first price of $15?????:eek

I just bought the big book of afghans and table toppers from Amazon.com. It's due any minute at my door. I will look at it and see if it's the same one on e-bay. I sure hope it is. Maybe the difference is in the binding of the book. The one I got is a soft cover book....perhaps the one on e-bay is the hard cover copy....don't know, but I sure wish when they are selling these things, that they would post the true name of the book....so we know what we are buying.

Okay Ladies, I just got my book from Amazon.com and the book is called:

Favorite Throws & Table Toppers to Crochet....it's an Annie's Attic book with 304 pages in it. It has I think all of the patterns that you saw in the e-bay auction. It even has the afghan with the hats on it and the rose doily. I am going to see if all the patterns that were shown on e-bay is in there....I think they are, but I will thumb through the book. I paid $18.96 for this book....it's a soft cover book. Hope this helps you all out!

Yep, That's the book and all the patterns are in there: Once again, it is called; "Favorite Throws & Table Toppers to Crochet .....an Annie's Attic book. You can get it through Amazon.com

I believe it's

Favorite Throws & Table Toppers to Crochet (Paperback)

by Carol Alexander (Author)

Product Details

• Paperback: 304 pages
  • Publisher: DRG / Annie's Attic (January 25, 2007)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1596351284
  • ISBN-13: 978-1596351288
  • Product Dimensions: 10.6 x 8.1 x 0.9 inches
  • Shipping Weight: 2.1 pounds

I believe it's

Favorite Throws & Table Toppers to Crochet (Paperback)

by Carol Alexander (Author)

Product Details

Paperback: 304 pages

Publisher: DRG / Annie's Attic (January 25, 2007)

Language: English

ISBN-10: 1596351284

ISBN-13: 978-1596351288

Product Dimensions: 10.6 x 8.1 x 0.9 inches

Shipping Weight: 2.1 pounds

Carol Alexander is the editor of the book, but it's an Annie's Attic publishing and the patterns are by various crochet artists. I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book...It came today and I'm glad I have my very own copy.

update on my catastrophe with blackwell. I canceled my order yet the book came anyway . But, i can send it back which i am (they will reimburse me what they charged plus the extra shipping to ship it back) and order it elsewhere. I'm not gonna pay twice the price told to me for it.. I think i'll get mine at overstock.com assuming they still have one only 4 available a min ago.

:hook Hi everyone, I am so glad I ask about the name of this book...seems I got everyone wanting one. :devil Sorry bout that. :D I haven't gotten mine yet, but I am sure it is at the Postoffice waiting for me. I can't wait to get it, just haven't made it to town. I am glad you are all getting your books and loving them. Where there is a will, there is a way to find a book and not have to pay the high prices at ebay.................Thank you all so much. :hug :hug

peni

After I read about everyone wanting this book, I got to checking around and the prices are all different. Thanks to all of you I ordered my from Amazon.com. This site is the greatest. I also order the book of scrap crochet projects.

:cheer :cheer :cheer I finally got to the post office, and my book was waiting for me. It is EXACTALLY the book I was looking for. WOW what a great bunch of doilies too!:clap I am so thankful to all of you who helped with the name. I am sure this is going to catch on, if we can find out the names of the books ebay sellers try to hide from us we can find them at a reasonable price..... :hook Way to go everyone and enjoy your book if/when you get it, it is so worth hunting for. I also got mine from Amazon.

:hug :hug

peni

<<I am so glad I ask about the name of this book...seems I got everyone wanting one

I got mine last week, and on the weekend (after I finished two projects I'd been working on) I started a doily using yarn. It should turn out to be a good size for a baby afghan. Why yarn? It was handy, I wanted to start, and just didn't feel like digging for my thread!!

Sally

Archived