My Marathon Crochet Project Bearghan

I try not to do projects with very tight deadlines. Well... a week ago I was asked if I could put together a bearghan for a baby shower. Thinking I'd have 3-4 weeks to do it I agreed. Since then the baby shower date has been set... for April 29th!!!! Yikes!

So, I figured you might enjoy watching my progress this week as I hurry to get this done.

Here is my progress picture taken yesterday:

squares.jpg

Those are 20 6" squares. 8 of those were done by someone else and they aren't quite big enough so I will be adding another round to those before joining them.

Since that picture I've been working on the head. I just finished the 12" modified square for the head and still needs all the features to make it look like a bear. Initially I was thinking on yellow but decided pink would be nicer. I may use yellow for the ears and muzzle.

I thought I'd pop in and give a quick update on my progress.

I finished the bear's head this morning. I'm now working on the squares that were done by another lady to make them 6". Some I am adding a round of sc and others it's a round of hdc. One square I thought needed a round of dc turned out to only need hdc. Right now I am down to once I finish resizing the square I'm working on, I will only have 3 left to do. :hook

No pictures today, but hopefully I'll get a chance to snap a picture for you tomorrow.

Tonight is also a church night and Wednesday services are preceded by a dinner. I signed up to bring some roast beef for making subs. I also signed up to bring a dessert. I got a box mix of brownies and baked them this morning. All set right? :) Wrong! :eek My 4 year old son is a chocoholic and found the brownies and started helping himself. The brownies are not suitable for bringing to church and had to make another batch from scratch. Luckily it didn't take me long, but it still ate away at some of my precious crochet time.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm brownies ;)

Yep, and I've got 2 pans of them, which it looks like won't make it to church. The dinner portion at church started a half hour ago and dh hasn't made it home yet and we live a good half hour from the church. It's looking very slim like we're going to make it at all. Oh well... more work on the afghan. ;)

As I contemplate going to bed... (It's much too late already) I took some time and snapped a picture. All pieces are complete and no tails wagging. I laid out the pieces and snapped the picture. Tomorrow... to the store for more Petal Pink (unless I can find more in my stash) and let the joining begin! :cheer

marathonlayout.jpg

Ain't she cute?

It looks fantastic!! Can't wait to see the finished ghan...great job!!:cheer:clap:cheer

As I contemplate going to bed... (It's much too late already) I took some time and snapped a picture. All pieces are complete and no tails wagging. I laid out the pieces and snapped the picture. Tomorrow... to the store for more Petal Pink (unless I can find more in my stash) and let the joining begin! :cheer

marathonlayout.jpg

Ain't she cute?

I just got back from my yarn hunt expedition. I went to Joann's but they didn't seem to carry Petal Pink. Yes, there were empty bins, but none marked Petal Pink. Joann's just doesn't carry all the colors they used to unless you special order it or buy it online and their online price for Red Heart is much more expensive than it is in their store. Plus I needed it now so special ordering it was out of the question. Anyways, I went to Wal-Mart and found it with the same lot code too, so I'm all set! :-)

Just a quick note to say that...

IT'S FINISHED! :cheer:clap:cheer

I finished it yesterday actually. This morning I put it in the wash and it's blocking right now. I will get a picture soon and post it for you.

Now...

I guess I'm a glutton for punishment, because I decided I'd crochet a small toy for the baby. The thing is... I picked a ball that has 36 little pieces. Can it get done? We shall see. :D

As promised, here is a picture of the completed bearghan.

:yay:clap:yay:cheer:clap:yay:yay:cheer:clap

babyshower-bearghan.jpg

Also in case you were wondering... the crocheted toy isn't going to be finished in time for the shower, but I will continue to work on it and give it when it's done. I knew from the get go that trying to get that one done in time would be ambitious to say the least.

Archived