Krystal's charity square

jmccrochet

I spent untold hours tonight working on this. I received Krystal's Daisy Charity square pattern in March and since then have had life catch up to me. But, I finished another charity afghan this weekend and VOWED to do Krystal's pattern (man was I intimidated). Nevertheless, here it is, my first attempt

IM001220.jpg

Joyce

Looks great. I want to do one but, i'm afraid i'm superslow about getting to the post office so i havent asked her for the pattern yet. I'd hate to get the pattern and then take to long to send her the square she requests.

Oh, don't think I didn't have a whole lotta stress bearing down on me about getting her a square pattern and then not getting out the square.

I read through the pattern a couple of times and thought, I just CANNOT do that square. But, motivation comes from strange places. I want to do a similar square in cotton for a bathroom rug for a friend. It's Bernat's flower power rug and I thought, "you are NOT going to start that project without tackling Krystal's square first."

So, I've done it. I'm going to do ONE more for Krystal for now in a different color scheme and ship them out, hopefully early next week.

Krystal, thanks for the kudos, it's extremely appreciated. I resisted the urge to send you a whiny email at least a couple times tonight LOL. I LOVE this pattern and I adore the look of the completed square.

Joyce

:woo what a great job! I also got a copy of this back in March and am hoping to give it a try soon. It is such a pretty square...I am hoping I can do it. You have inspired me to jump in there:yes !!

It came out GREAT!

Thanks worm!

:woo what a great job! I also got a copy of this back in March and am hoping to give it a try soon. It is such a pretty square...I am hoping I can do it. You have inspired me to jump in there:yes !!

Yes, you must jump in and do it. I don't think there is anything else I could spend four hours trying to do and not get frustrated. I could see it coming together even when I was doing it wrong and that kept me going

Joyce

Looks GREAT and I am excited about getting the pattern also! Actually trying something new is exciting to me. 'Nother thing I find is that if I just cannot do something...usually it all makes sense to me within a day or 2. Maybe the mind doesn't "cycle" thru the "understanding" mode as often as it used to! :-)

Maggitee

I am having the same trouble! As I said on another thread. I need complete silence and no distraction to read a pattern. I WILL do it! I thought the flower power rug was slightly similar! If one makes sense the other is bound to! It is coming soon Krystal, I promise!

i love the square:heart would look great as a blanket

I only WISH I had a little girl to make it for, though a friend of mine pointed out I'd not made her little boy anything yet :lol . Maybe when some of my other projects are done, I'll put one together for Project Linus in my area. I'm itching to do a blanket out of this square

Joyce

Archived