Clam bake - 15" doll

darski

Clam Bake…tlttg – 3 :pinterest

post-4896-135897795452_thumb.jpg

This little number is for all those dear young ladies who could actually wear white to a beach party and go home with clean clothes. We all knew one and maybe some of us are one :wlol

The top with Varigated yarn

post-4896-135897795492_thumb.jpg

Start, row 1: Ch 28, hdc in 2nd ch from hook and next 2 ch, ch 5, skip 5 chain, hdc in next 9 ch, ch 5, sk 5 chain, hdc in last 4 ch.

(keep yourself oriented so you know which is the original chain row)

Row 2: work 2 hdc in first st, hdc in 8, 2hdc in next, hdc in 8, 2hdc in next, hdc to end and put 2hdc in last st. (the increases should be at the front side of the armholes… not that it matters but there yah go… wherever you end up J.

Row 3: work hdc across but work 4 increases (back, 2 in front, other back)

Rows 4-6: Work even

Row 7: Find your centre stitch – visual centre and not necessarily central by count-. Think of this as the centre of a five stitch unit as you will be working a [ch 3, sc(into centre st) and ch 3] over these 5 stitches on the next row . You need to know where they are so you can work the shell pattern evenly before and after these stitches. Ok, take a deep breath and here we go…

Work dc in 3, 3dc in next until you need to switch to

hdc, sc, sl st in 3, sc, hdc now work backwards or mirror image so both sides are even.

I had 4 shells and used 2 hdc, sc, sl stitch in 3, sc, 2 hdc and worked the 4 shells again. Your mileage may vary.

Row 8: sc around working 3sc in each shell point and creating the [ch 3, sc(into centre st) and ch 3] detail at the centre.

The clam diggers…

post-4896-135897795496_thumb.jpg

Done in white with Varigated yarn ‘belt’.

I’m showing it here with the original “lttg”

Legs, make 2 and do not break off after 2nd leg

Start and Row 1: Ch 17 and join to form a ring, Ch 3, hdc in same ch, dc in each chain around. (18 dc)

Row 2: Dc around

Row 3: Ch 3, dc in next, 2dc in next, dc around, 2dc in last st.

Row 4: Vh3 dc in same, dc around.

Join Legs and Row 5: Align the legs and join with sc in 5 stitches, 2 dc in next st, dc around 1st leg, work dc into the sc joining then continue in dc to CF and join.

Row 6: work even in dc

Row 7-8: work dc decreases at CF for both left and right sides.

Row 9: sc ch 1 (sk 1 st) around. Break off and tidy ends.

Make a twisted cord (one strand varigated yarn twisted) for a belt.

The Hat…

post-4896-135897795494_thumb.jpg

This hat is really loosely fitted and looks so neat in real life.

I had very little of the varigated yarn (more from the gift bag of bits of yarn) so I used some white as filler. It looks cute and matches the set but you could make it all in one yarn.

Ch 4 join with a slip st to form a ring (varigated)

Row 1: Work 6 dc, ch 1 into the ring.

Row 2: Work V-st in every dc, ch 1 around

Row 3: Work as for row 2…

You will work a V-st into both stitches of the V-st in the row below. (say that 5 times fast J ) Break off Varigated yarn

Row 4: Attach white in a V-st from row 3. Work V-st in V-st, ch 2 around

Row 5-6: work as row 4. Break off white, join varigated yarn.

Row 7: Work dc around: 2 dc over ch 2 spaces and 1 dc in each dc and ch 1 of the V-stitches

Row 8: Work scallops of *sl st, sc, dc (2dc) dc, sc,* around hat. Break off and tidy all ends.

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2007

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

Another cute one! Thank you! My daughter received this Dora for her birthday. I'll be making all the Dora clothes you have shared. I love all your doll clothes! :cheer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
I love these patterns!! Thank you, but I'm confused with Row 7.. can anyone help me?:think

what is causing your problems? :think:hug

The first part is giving you a framework in which to operate so that you will have an even distribution of details. I often mention that my patterns are not necessarily for the beginner. You need to be able to crochet by the seat of your pants to get them to work out sometimes. :yes

:wlol

• 6 years later...

Archived