Recycle a Sweater Today

thanks for the link, i will check it out and see if it inspires me :)

There's this one blog where the lady is always tearing apart sweaters and making something new: http://jan-knit.blogspot.com/index.html. She knits, but ever since I stumbled across her blog I always wanted to try ripping apart some old sweaters and recycling them. Thanks for the link, Lauren! :clap

Thanks to you for the great link Selena. It's amazing what you can find out there, isn't it?

Thanks for the links!! That blog is really interesting. Now I'm dying to try to find a steal for some cheap wool yarn... :)

Cool idea. I saw somewhere else to recycle sweaters you can hang a weight onto the hank after you've loosely wound it and the weight will pull the "ripples" that evidence it was pre-knit out to get a smooth strand allover. It definitely is a neat thrifty idea!!

There's this one blog where the lady is always tearing apart sweaters and making something new: http://jan-knit.blogspot.com/index.html. She knits, but ever since I stumbled across her blog I always wanted to try ripping apart some old sweaters and recycling them. Thanks for the link, Lauren! :clap

Thank you so much for mentioning my blog!! I knit AND I crochet, too. I encourage everyone interested to try out recycling. It's a great way to reuse yarn at a big discount and keep sweaters out of our landfills. I have some more items on my Flickr page. Feel free to take a look!

Thank you so much for mentioning my blog!! I knit AND I crochet, too. I encourage everyone interested to try out recycling. It's a great way to reuse yarn at a big discount and keep sweaters out of our landfills. I have some more items on my Flickr page. Feel free to take a look!

Heehee--well don't you feel special, joining Crochetville and finding us all talking about you? :manyheart But really, I do find your blog very inspiring. You're so thrifty and creative!

Obviously, Jan, you live in cooler country than I do. Here thrift stores have acrylic, acrylic and acrylic. Wool is a scarce animal and I'm not sure all those machine-made acrylic sweaters are worth my time. Enjoyed you blog, BTW. And thanks to Selena for the original post!

I went to Goodwill last week and bought 5 sweaters @ $2.50 each, and got some awesome wool. One of them is a silk/wool blend and I can't wait to frog it.

I was wondering can you felt this kind of recycled wool? Anybody know?:think

Archived