Wearables CAL

Right now I am making a top from my own design and i have a couple others in the works as well. Glad i found this CAL. I really like both of the tops from garnstudio that were posted especially the first...may have to make that one soon

Hi Amber!! Welcome to the CAL!!

The garnstudio top is coming along nicely!! I stayed up until 3 AM last night finishing a paper so today I am REWARDING MYSELF WITH CROCHET!! until work tonight!!

Yeah!!!!! :cheer

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had our graduating seniors banquet tonight, and I wore my Baroque jacket (more of a sweater, really). I modified the pattern a little my adding ties at the neck and over "the girls."

I don't like any of the pictures of me taken wearing it (the camera adds 50 pounds, I swear!), but I got a ton of compliments on it, especially when people found out I had made it. I wore a tank top underneath in a burnt orange (the color yarn I used is called Burnished Copper, but it's something of a burnt orange).

Now that my tendonitis has died down somewhat, I've been able to pick up my Must Have Blouse again. Unfortunately, I miscalculated on gauge, so it's going to be a SNUG blouse. I considered just frogging, but I'm too far along. Needless to say, my significant other is all excited that it's going to be tight. :lol We've renamed this my "slinky top."

So far I have barely started. I plan to do some yarn shopping for the several things I want to make. I would like to make the Brave New Bra but looking a the pattern. I will need to make some adjustments so I am not sure If I will or not.

I'm swatching for a sweater I want to design myself, I might not get to that until next year. It just depends on what I do. I might make it once in some ww acrylic to get the knack of design and layout then get some real nice yarn at my LYS.

Here's some swatching using a very decadent yarn by Frog tree it's a cotton silk blend.

454024150_86dd14f094_m.jpg

(clickable)

The stitch I'm using is called star stitch. I want to use it for the body of the sweater then a (dc, ch1, sc) for the sleeves. My plan is a inset sleeves so the sweater is fitted.

DONE!!!

I just finished this tonight....I love it!!!!!

summertopfront.jpg

summertopback.jpg

This is before I wove in the ends and finished it...but it looks even better now!!!

The only thing I DON'T like about it is how I can't wear a bra with it...but I think I could probably rock a lacy cami or something under it.

So?? What do you think??

I used Aunt Lydia's "Shimmer" fashion Yarn, a cotton/rayon blend, about 3 balls. The top is based on this pattern:

http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/vi...d_id=6〈=en

I made it a little shorter, did the straps as a halter instead, and didn't do the buttons.

This was my first wearable....and I can't wait to do another!!!!!:hook

I had the most ridiculous thing happen to me at the hairdresser yesterday. I brought along my blouse to work on while I was under the dryer (highlights). I PURPOSELY brought it because the stitch pattern is so easy my cat could probably manage it if he had opposable thumbs. Anyway, I forgot my reading glasses...undeterred, I figured I could just feel the stitches and still crochet. WRONG...I missed one dc on the RS row and by the time I got to the WS row, everything was completely messed up. I essentially had to frog everything I'd done under the dryer and start again when I got home.

AHHH!!!

Jessica I love the top!

Can I join in with a shrug? Does that count as wearable? It's so cold here (literally snowing) that I can't even begin to think about summer clothes!

Welcome!! Which shrug will you be doing?

Can I join?

I just started making the Knot Ugly Shrug from SnB:HH (woo I love this book!), and this should keep me motivated :yes

:earth

Welcome!!! It sure did keep me motivated!!!

This is my next top:

http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=95&d_id=37〈=en

I found some coral microspun in my stash so I'm going to give it a whirl....:)

I got halfway done a shirt and have decided to frog it. Then i got the cups done on another and havent picked it up for a few days. Ill probably start back up either tomorrow or monday.

Jessica- saw your shirt this am and i really like it. Pretty color and looks good on you. HOw did you get the cups to not be pointy? I tried that way to make the cups and i looked like a madonna look a like lmao.

Jessica- saw your shirt this am and i really like it. Pretty color and looks good on you. HOw did you get the cups to not be pointy? I tried that way to make the cups and i looked like a madonna look a like lmao.

The pattern I was using turned out perfect....I made them small so I don't know! I'm glad they turned out ok cuz I don't think I would have known how to fix it!! haha!

Archived