Wearables CAL

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jessica, that's adorable! Of course, I'm about 20 years and uh, let's say some number of pounds beyond that! There are a lot of fabulous designs on the Garn Studio website.

Last fall, I started the Baroque jacket from the SnB book, and I put it aside, even though it's mostly completed. I've been wanting to take it back up after I complete a few other commitments. It'll be a great top to wear even in the blazing hot summers here in Austin, because of the lacy design.

I really want to do this http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=99&d_id=20〈=en I just need to get some yummy yarn and then convert the pattern to US. It will be probably next week before I can start on this, but I would love to join once I get some WIPs done and some yarn for this.

Jessica, that's adorable! Of course, I'm about 20 years and uh, let's say some number of pounds beyond that! There are a lot of fabulous designs on the Garn Studio website.

Last fall, I started the Baroque jacket from the SnB book, and I put it aside, even though it's mostly completed. I've been wanting to take it back up after I complete a few other commitments. It'll be a great top to wear even in the blazing hot summers here in Austin, because of the lacy design.

Sounds great!!! Glad to have you join!!

I really want to do this http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=99&d_id=20〈=en I just need to get some yummy yarn and then convert the pattern to US. It will be probably next week before I can start on this, but I would love to join once I get some WIPs done and some yarn for this.

That's lovely!! Don't worry, I have lots to work on before I can really work on this full force, too!!

Glad to have you ladies join me!! :hook

now this is one id like to try.

but i dont think i can understand that pattern as is LOL

ive got some dk and sport weight yarn that might work.

now this is one id like to try.

but i dont think i can understand that pattern as is LOL

ive got some dk and sport weight yarn that might work.

There is a link on the page that gives you the conversions from UK to US....I just copy and pasted the pattern into word, then I went through and changed them all using the chart!!

I actually finished one "cup"last night!! It looks great! I went to walmart last night to get yarn and they are almost completley sold out! I ended up with a lilac color, but I have a feeling I will be doing another one or two of these, the pattern is suprisingly easy so far!!

Count me in, I have another poncho to make and also a sweater for myself.

Welcome!!

I just finished the other cup, and attatched them together, so now the bikini part of it is done!! I just got to do the body, but now I have to goto class! :(

More crocheting later!!!:hook

That is a great camisole.

I'll join along. I have lots of wims I plan to buy yarn for very soon. I plan to make the Brave New Bra in Interweave and a few others. I could be here for a while :):hook

I'd like to join up, too. I've just started the "Must Have Blouse" from "24-Hour Crochet Projects" by Rita Weiss. I'm using Plymouth Wildflower DK for the yarn instead of Astra. My LYS kindly special ordered it for me. I'm using a sort of teal color--I forget the official name.

I'm sort of fudging the size a little, as the "small" was too small, but the "medium" wasn't quite right either. I find that using the "small" directions plus a G hook is getting me to the width I'd need.

That is a great camisole.

I'll join along. I have lots of wims I plan to buy yarn for very soon. I plan to make the Brave New Bra in Interweave and a few others. I could be here for a while :):hook

Haha! I will be here awhile too, I have a feeling!

Good timing.

I want to try to design a vest for me, and now I found a CAL for it.

Designing? Aren't you ambitious!!! :) Welcome!

I'd like to join up, too. I've just started the "Must Have Blouse" from "24-Hour Crochet Projects" by Rita Weiss. I'm using Plymouth Wildflower DK for the yarn instead of Astra. My LYS kindly special ordered it for me. I'm using a sort of teal color--I forget the official name.

I'm sort of fudging the size a little, as the "small" was too small, but the "medium" wasn't quite right either. I find that using the "small" directions plus a G hook is getting me to the width I'd need.

Wow!! I can't wait to see pictures!!

i saw this and i would love to make it with the hobo bag

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48110

That's so cute!! I can't wait to see it! What color are you going to do it in?

I'm hoping to post a picture of my top this weekend...the bikini part is done and I'm working on the body part. I think I might make the straps a thick halter instead of the criss-cross, a thick halter strap looks fab on me!!:yes

Well, my Must Have Blouse is coming along, although I think I need to take a bit of a breather for today...I did so much work on it yesterday that I managed to aggravate my tendonitis. I think I need to get one of those foam hook covers for my hook when I start working on it again.

My top is sooooo close to being done it is KILLING me that I can't work on it!! I had a project due today, and 2 rough drafts of papers due this week that I haven't even started on. :blush So there will be no more working on this project until later in the week. :no I will try to post some pictures of it though, it looks great!! My roommates keep on admiring it, and I'm waiting for them to ask either for me to make them one or to teach them to crochet....I'm waiting, I can feel it!! :hook

I finished up the crocheting on the Baroque jacket last night. Tonight I need to weave in the ends and block it. Tomorrow night we're having a banquet for our graduating seniors, so I'm planning to wear it to that event. There may be a picture of me forthcoming wearing it.

I finished up the crocheting on the Baroque jacket last night. Tonight I need to weave in the ends and block it. Tomorrow night we're having a banquet for our graduating seniors, so I'm planning to wear it to that event. There may be a picture of me forthcoming wearing it.

OHHHHHHH I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT!!!

Right now I am making a top from my own design and i have a couple others in the works as well. Glad i found this CAL. I really like both of the tops from garnstudio that were posted especially the first...may have to make that one soon

Archived