Wearables CAL

oooh i love the first one! Just need to learn how to knit better. The berroco one is really pretty too but not big enough in the bust.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Put the last row on my sweater last week. It is the relaxed cardi from dec/jan issue of Crochet Today. I used Paton's Divine and I decided to make a belt. Scarlett is holding my granddaughter's poncho which is made with lionbrand suede, and fashion seven for the trim.

DSCN1309.jpg

Put the last row on my sweater last week. It is the relaxed cardi from dec/jan issue of Crochet Today. I used Paton's Divine and I decided to make a belt. Scarlett is holding my granddaughter's poncho which is made with lionbrand suede, and fashion seven for the trim.

DSCN1309.jpg

WOW!!! THAT IS BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the color and the yarn looks absolutely amazing!!!

GREAT JOB!! :yay

Ok, I am going to do this top:

http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=95&d_id=6〈=en

I am going to the beach for a week in July and I thought this would be perfect!! I have to sit down and convert it to US terms first though. Anyone else??

Oh my goodness! how funny. I am doing this same pattern in a different CAL. But i am stuck. How far have you gotten so far? when you are done, i would love to see what yours looks like.

Oh my goodness! how funny. I am doing this same pattern in a different CAL. But i am stuck. How far have you gotten so far? when you are done, i would love to see what yours looks like.

I finished!! I made some alterations but I posted it earlier in this thread (it's the lavender halter)

I finished!! I made some alterations but I posted it earlier in this thread (it's the lavender halter)

okay well, you know this part?:

Assembly: Place the 2 bikini pieces as shown in chart 1. Crochet 1 row of dc round the bikini-top to make an even edge holding the two bikini pieces together. NB! Begin at the side of one piece, crochet all upper edges and finish with the lower edge – crochet approx 1 dc in each stitch and 2 dc in each row, and crochet 46-48-50 dc along the lower edge. (HERE) Now crochet, very loosely, 41-51-61 ch and turn the piece. Crochet 1 tr in the 4th ch from the hook and then 1 tr in each of the remaining 83-95-107 ch/dc = 85-97-109 tr, turn the piece

I'm stuck there. do you ch 51 from the side of the cup? or the top?

So I finished my shrug while I was on the plane this weekend. It looks nothing like the pattern because: a. I used Mode Dea's Cache yarn instead of black magic and b. I could not for the life of me find a ring like the one that they use despite checking 2 yarn stores, a craft store and a hardware store. So now it's much more free form.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u51/arudek805/9-15-06037.jpg

I'm making "Helene" from the book Cool Crochet. It's a sleeveless striped cotton top. I'm making mine in random stripes... here's how far I've gotten:

471133312_7fe4b1f7c4_m.jpg

I'm working on the back and the front at the same time. That way the tension will be identical (had a bad experience in this sense in the past!) and counting the rows of colours is a breeze.

are you guys still going in this CAL because I wanted to do the cupcake top from SNB and i made a CAL for it, but nobody wanted to join! :( no hard feelings guys! lol! maybe I could do my top in this cal??? i haven't even started tho. but I will tomorrow.

are you guys still going in this CAL because I wanted to do the cupcake top from SNB and i made a CAL for it, but nobody wanted to join! :( no hard feelings guys! lol! maybe I could do my top in this cal??? i haven't even started tho. but I will tomorrow.

Yeh!! go for it!!

I haven't been on much because of school but after Tuesday (one week!) I will have so much more time!! yeh!

I'm still here just have not had time to post much. I'm working on the Chrysanthemum shawl from Amazing Crocheted Lace. I have some other things I really need to finish so I have not had time to work on it much. Then I want to start on my sweater.

well, i started my cupcake top last night and it is looking sweet! its really easy to get going because its just hdc the whole way. i'm about halfway done with the back. i can't wait to finish!

I am also making the cupcake top from SNB as a gift for my friend's birthday...Someone gifted me Peaches N Cream blue/gray cotton and I am using that yarn for a summer top....Can't wait to see it finished.

I am also making the cupcake top from SNB as a gift for my friend's birthday...Someone gifted me Peaches N Cream blue/gray cotton and I am using that yarn for a summer top....Can't wait to see it finished.

awesome! how far have you gotten? it works up so fast don't you think? i'm almost done with the front and when i ran out of yarn, i got kind of distracted, but bought some yesterday and will be back at it probably tonite. i'm using caron simply soft in new white. i dont know why, but i use that yarn for EVERYTHING! it's my favorite and it works perfect with almost every hook. they have beautiful colors too.

I wanted to ask you about the Cupcake Top from the HH...For the back, the instructions are clear, but for the front, it says work same as back until 14 rows less than finished back...Does this include the decreases for the armhole???? it is not too clear.:eek

I wanted to ask you about the Cupcake Top from the HH...For the back, the instructions are clear, but for the front, it says work same as back until 14 rows less than finished back...Does this include the decreases for the armhole???? it is not too clear.:eek

yes. depending on what size you are doing. i did a medium, so i left out the 11 rows and 3 dec/reg rows. i am done with all the pieces now. i just have to sew them all together and do the edgings. the sleeves are pretty cute!

finished my cupcake top today! yay...but it doesnt fit!!! :( i am going to start using a larger hook for my base chain. when i put the top on everything fit, but the base chain was so tight that it just didnt look right! ugh! so i guess i will send it to someone smaller or lose weight! :P i'll put up pics tomorow.

yeah, i have some black yarn i might do another top with. and i'll put maybe a red ribbon thru it. i think that would be pretty.

Archived