Does anyone have trouble with www.freepatterns.com?

I have tried to sign up 3 or 4 times with http://www.freepatterns.com but the authorization codes they send you (if they answer at all) doesn't work to get you into the site to download patterns.

Nobody answers the emails I sent them through their "contact us" link.

Are they still in business? Seems like they would respond if someone were having that kind of trouble. They have all these links for you to sign up with their associate partners and I even signed up with some of them etc. but it didn't help any. they still didn't respond and I still can't figure out how to get into their website.:no

Does anybody else have that problem with them?

Vel

just an odd question (and was a bit of the problem that *I* had when I tried to sign up.... are you making sure you are using the correct type of letters (that's not said very well.....but caps over little letters is what I'm meaning)?? that may be part of it.. or could try just copying the code and pasting it just in case you are missing a letter or hitting wrong 1 (is just an idea to try and help you :) ).

Sandy

I had this problem myself and as a result I rarely go there. The site is difficult to navigate if you ask me anyway, slow loading, way too many pages to sort through... They have some great stuff though...lol. It's one of those love/hate sites for me.

I havent tried to go there in a long time. I've had other problems with them, and not being able to print out patterns that i've ordered. maybe do a search here for free patterns.com and other threads might come up...lol, ok totally ignore this post.

I thought it was a different site you were typing up, lol. don't mind me. i've got a really bad cold right now. o my goodness, it took me a day to relize that it was a different site...........ugh.....hopefully i'll get better soon!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe the site owner is a member of our forum and will respond????

But I have to agree. Never had good results when trying to go there. Tried to sign up twice and finally have just given up. If I am at CPC or something and the link is to FreePatterns.com, I don't even click on it anymore. It's a shame b/c someone has put a lot of work into the site and people aren't using it because of frustration.

Maybe the site owner is a member of our forum and will respond????

But I have to agree. Never had good results when trying to go there. Tried to sign up twice and finally have just given up. If I am at CPC or something and the link is to FreePatterns.com, I don't even click on it anymore. It's a shame b/c someone has put a lot of work into the site and people aren't using it because of frustration.

I think the site is affiliated with Annie's Attic and I don't think the owner of Annie's Attic is a member of C'ville. (Although I might be mistaken; we do have a lot of famous people here!)

Crochet Pattern Central no longer has links to freepatterns.com They recently changed their set up and the patterns no longer have a page or .pdf link to themselves. I wish it was different, but....

I had a very bad time trying to get patterns from their site---I asked my husband to check it out for me and apparently, when he updated my Adobe Reader from 0.4 to 5 it helped, as I am now getting the patterns when I go to the site. When I was having trouble, nobody ever answered any e-mail I sent to them for help. I go there sometimes, since they updated it is actually easier for me. I liked it when I first joined, when they had the "basement" with additional patterns. I don't know if my adobe change solved my problem, but they are very insistent on the adobe reader. I know since I had "5" instead of "4" things have gone well. Its not a be all and end all site, I like Crochet Pattern Central just as well., but I do a lot of plastic canvas in addition to crochet and FreePatterns. com has some. Those patterns are hard to really access for free on the net, I have found.

I had a terrible time trying to join way back when and when I decided that they just had no right to demand my first born and refused to comply with whatever screen demand was up at the time, all of a sudden, I was in.

I never had a problem after that although they would not let me choose where I started (crochet of course not crafts... duh)

I am not terribly happy with the new setup as I liked going through all the patterns regularly to know what was around if people wanted something. The new settings don't encourage that at all. However, I do like the newer patterns they have added. Most AA patterns of the day are available there.

not all but most.

Not missing much. They redid the site and all I have to do now is type in my email address. I agree with Darski, I like the new patterns. But I just am not impressed with the new set up at all.

Archived