Moda-Dea

Our localy owned 'dollar' type store has a boat load of Moda-Dea..................... I have only picked up 3 skeins... 2 of the zing and one of Fur Ever. they each ore only a dollar ( of course huh?? LOL) but some of the colors are just YUCKY. I have given consideration to a couple colors..... but the balls are so small, I have no idea how many I would need anyway, let alone what in the world I would make with it. For now I just go in every morning and just stand there gawking at it.:think

I have yet to check out our local dollar store for yarn. I'd probably just stand there gawking at it too! I did finally check out Tuesday Morning for yarn. Not a huge selection, and only one color of anything in quantity but good prices so I'll put them on my list to check out from time to time.

I am using Moda Dea Tutu to make a shawl. It's really turning out nicely. I got all my Tutu for SEVENTY-FIVE Cents per skein. LOL> they also had Cheerio, Fur Ever, Cache, Sassy Stripes, and one other one..can't recall the name.

Anyway - the furs and the like, it's nice to crochet with another yarn for a different effect..

The Dollar Tree here had Lion Brand Fancy Fur, so I picked up four skeins, hoping to make some chemo caps. (Someone made a bunch and took them to a friend's oncologist's office, and patients loved their kind of wacky look.) But on the very first round of the pattern, I absolutely could not see any of the stitches to work into, so I guess I'll have to pick up knitting needles and try the knitted version of the caps (at the Lion Brand website).

The only way I've been able to use this kind of yarn is for trimming the edges of hats and scarves.

I too have a bugger of a time working with the furry types..... But it does make great trim on the projects! I bought the Pink Cosmo and put it on a shrug I completed for dd last night ( It is white) It looks great! Will post pics in the kid section after the girly girl lets me take her photo.

I have a bunch of moda dea ticker tape i picked up on sale at michaels last year. it is a wonderful velvety ribbon tape and I've been saving it for "just the right project" that I haven't found yet......and i've had it for over a year. its just so wonderful, i want it to be the perfect project ya know?

"For now I just go in every morning and just stand there gawking at it."

LOL! That's what I do at the $1 store! LOL Some of it is soooooooo ugly, but it's such good yarn and it's soooooooo cheap! So I gawk. LOL

I loved the Beloved line of Moda Dea, and it was discontinued last year. :angry And...I haven't been able to locate any online, do any of you guys know where I can find any? It was very soft and came in pretty colors.

Just remember "YUCKY" to you may be someone else's favorite colors. My niece loves colors that I would call "YUCKY". Last year I bought some variegated yarn in colors I don't care for but my sister wanted a keyhole or slotted scarf made out of it because one of the colors in it matched a blouse. It was definately hard to get the hang of working with the fancy yarns. I learned it works up best using larger hooks than I was used to working with.

I've only seen yarn at one local "dollar" store, but I'm going to check out the chains. My favorite Moda Dea is Gleam. It's so pretty with ribbon and metallic in it. My favorite colors are Blue Topaz and Amethyst.

Archived