First Pineapple Square

librarycat513

FirstPineappleSquare-RHSSBrown.jpg

This is the first pineapple square I've ever made. It's the first pineapple anything I ever made. Still needs some light blocking, and the end woven in, but I like the results. I used the Panda Pineapple Square pattern that's available free online, and RH:SS in Brown. I plan on making more of them in browns, greens, creams, maroons and black and using them to make an afghan for the house.

The picture isn't the greatest. Since I haven't found the cable for my digital camera, I've resorted to using an old Kodak usb webcam to take the picture. Those things are impossible to hold and take pictures at the same time.

Me likey!! :yes

I haven't quite found the courage to attempt pineapples yet... but yours looks really good!!! :hook

I like the square too....pineapples are so easy once you tackle one....I was afraid to do them thinking that they were hard but turns out I LOVE THEM!!! give it a try..you'll be glad you did!

Be careful...pineapples are ADDICTING!! I was so scared when I did my first doily...but now I am soo hooked on them. They look so hard, but are sooo easy. I too am making a ghan out of pineapple squares. Made one last night while watching tv.

Great job btw!!

I just did this small doily this morning:

http://hometown.aol.com/lffunt/petitepine.htm

I did it in about 3 hours, but I've been doing pineapple patterns for years.

I left off the last row because this is one of eight doilies I'm making for an order and the it was already big enough. The woman will never know the difference... LOL

Yes, pineapples ARE addictive, but you are going to end up with one big beautiful piece of fiber art!

Thanks everyone. I did discover that they're very easy to do, just have to keep track of where you are in a pattern. My husband likes the square and thinks having an afghan of them is pretty cool.

Archived