Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

Well, I finished it. I got it all done this afternoon. I will take some pictures later to show you all. The really weird thing is that I have a ton of left over yarn. The amounts that they told you to buy was way off. I thought that was strange. So now I am making a rug with the leftovers.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I finished it. I got it all done this afternoon. I will take some pictures later to show you all. The really weird thing is that I have a ton of left over yarn. The amounts that they told you to buy was way off. I thought that was strange. So now I am making a rug with the leftovers.

Oooh can't wait to see pics! Congrats on finishing!!

I have 2 afghans I am working on and was wondering if I could join in?

My first is Very Victorian made in Soft Taupe, I have about 30 rows left...

My Second is a Ripple that I started yesterday for the neighbor boy who thinks he lives here at my house. He watched me make a bright pink afghan for my daughter and put in his order for a green one! So I am working his in Spring Green and Banana Berry....I am trying my best to get several rows of it done before Monday when he comes back from his mini vacation.

Cathy

Just want to say: welcome, Cathy!! I love that you're making a 'special order' for the neighbor boy!

I'm almost done with my lapghan for charity: my daughter calls it "Berries and Cream" - I'll post the picture later today.

deb

Well, after a long hiatus, I am finally back. I haven't quit crocheting, family matters kept me off the board for a while. Here is my progress on my Plum Granny ripple. My sister-in-law has laid a claim on it as her Christmas present. I've added on to the right side to make it bigger than the pattern on her request.

P1010003.jpg?t=1203785064

Barbara Jean, can you add this one to the list?? It's from a LA book and is called (I think :think), Textured Throw. It's going to be a wedding present for my niece.

P1010004.jpg?t=1203785245

Here's a close up of the stitches. I know it's hard to see, I've been having camera and computer issues. Don't you just love it?? :bang

th_P1010005.jpg

Krystal, thanks for the compliment. :hug The pattern is in a book called "100 Crochet Projects" by Jean Leinhauser & Rita Weiss. I am using TLC Essentials - ChocoCherry, Fusion and Aran. I'm doing an additonal color repeat of the ripples because my sister-in-law wanted it bigger.

It's hard to see from the photo but the center of the grannies are flowers. I fudge the start of the ripple part a little. I goofed somehow :blush but, so far, it is turning out okay. I just loved the pattern and I ordered the book just to get that one. It's a neat book. There are other great designs in it. I've done the Surely Chic Shrug three times already.

I won't mention the fact that you hate ripples. :hook

Leslie, Deb, and Theresa~ your afghans are GORGEOUS! Love them! I've had a little bit of success in my own crochet world with the Tumbling Block afghan that was giving me trouble. After realizing I had miscounted (again!), and having to frog 5 rows (again!):eek, I have now made it through 1/5 of the afghan. :clap I know it isnt much, but for me, I am totally happy! So even though it really isnt much, I just wanted to share before bed (DH is out for a bit so I got extra crocheting time! :hook)

Ok, count me in.

I am working on a 12 square, 21 round afghan that I really need to get done. It;s been across the living room chair since Christmas break. 4 more rounds on 5 more squares. Then the dreadful joining and edging. Give me the kick in the butt.

Meegan

I forgot this one. Oops. This is a baby afghan for my craft show in November.

The colors are lavender, baby yellow and watercolor (the multi).

th_PurpleYellowWatercolorShell.jpg

th_PurpleYellowWatercolorShell2.jpg

Love the pastel ripple LeagalWoman,, And really like this one!!! Nice texture,,,what is it??

A shell of some sort??

I have 2 afghans I am working on and was wondering if I could join in?

My first is Very Victorian made in Soft Taupe, I have about 30 rows left...

My Second is a Ripple that I started yesterday for the neighbor boy who thinks he lives here at my house. He watched me make a bright pink afghan for my daughter and put in his order for a green one! So I am working his in Spring Green and Banana Berry....I am trying my best to get several rows of it done before Monday when he comes back from his mini vacation.

Cathy

Hi Cathy and welcome! I'll get your projects added to the first post. Please be sure to let us know when they are completed so we can update.

The Very Victorian that you're doing - is it from Leisure Arts' "Our Best Afghans A to Z"? If so, I just finished that one. You can see a picture of it in my blog posted in my sig.

Well, after a long hiatus, I am finally back. I haven't quit crocheting, family matters kept me off the board for a while. Here is my progress on my Plum Granny ripple. My sister-in-law has laid a claim on it as her Christmas present. I've added on to the right side to make it bigger than the pattern on her request.

P1010003.jpg?t=1203785064

Barbara Jean, can you add this one to the list?? It's from a LA book and is called (I think :think), Textured Throw. It's going to be a wedding present for my niece.

P1010004.jpg?t=1203785245

Here's a close up of the stitches. I know it's hard to see, I've been having camera and computer issues. Don't you just love it?? :bang

th_P1010005.jpg

I'll get the new one added and can I say WOW! I love the granny ripple! Beautiful!

I finished the 'berries and cream' lapghan for charity tonight:

2286897891_1db1cb9609.jpg?v=1203825779

2286897805_f964e352b4.jpg?v=0

Oh, Deb, that's lovely! What a great achievement!

Ok, count me in.

I am working on a 12 square, 21 round afghan that I really need to get done. It;s been across the living room chair since Christmas break. 4 more rounds on 5 more squares. Then the dreadful joining and edging. Give me the kick in the butt.

Meegan

Hi Meegan and welcome! I've added your projects to the first post. Come by when you can to update us and be sure to let me know when one is completed. There's a CAL button in the first post that you can use for your blog or web site.

Here is a pic of my latest baby ripple afghan. The multi is a baby pastel (blue, yellow, green and pink) with solids of the same colors.

th_MultiBaby2.jpg

I forgot this one. Oops. This is a baby afghan for my craft show in November.

The colors are lavender, baby yellow and watercolor (the multi).

th_PurpleYellowWatercolorShell.jpg

th_PurpleYellowWatercolorShell2.jpg

Hi LegalWoman! Those are beautiful... but I'm confused. :D Was I supposed to have these on the list. Or are they not complete and you want to join the CAL to complete them?

Hi everyone,

I see that this CAL has been going for a while. Is it too late to join in? I'm new to the 'Ville so I don't know if there are any rules to this.

I'm currently working on an ABC baby afghan for charity and I'm planning a striped cable afghan for my bedroom. It'll be my first attempt at cables so I'd love some encouragement!

-Stacia

WIPS:

ABC Baby Afghan (30%Complete)

Striped Cable Afghan (0% Complete)

Hi everyone,

I see that this CAL has been going for a while. Is it too late to join in? I'm new to the 'Ville so I don't know if there are any rules to this.

I'm currently working on an ABC baby afghan for charity and I'm planning a striped cable afghan for my bedroom. It'll be my first attempt at cables so I'd love some encouragement!

-Stacia

WIPS:

ABC Baby Afghan (30%Complete)

Striped Cable Afghan (0% Complete)

Hi Stacia!

Yes, this CAL had been around for a while but it's an ongoing thing. :yes

Here's how it works:

I'll add your name and project to the first post of the thread. Pop in the thread now and then to report your progress and perhaps give somebody else some encouragement. When you hit a slump stop by and we'll give you a little nudge to keep at it. ;)

Be sure to let us know when you complete a project on the list. When you do I'll add (COMPLETED!) by your afghan and add a link to your picture if you post a picture.

If for any reason you decide not to finish an afghan please let me know so I can remove it from the list (just to keep it uncluttered).

Also there is a CAL button in the first post if you would like to use it on a blog or web page.

Welcome! Looking forward to hearing from you. :yay

I started another ghan today. I am making this one with LB Homespun. I'm not sure what the color's name is since it was gifted to me from a wonderful woman that doesn't like working with it. She had started a project, didn't like it so she undid some of it and sent what she rolled into balls as well as the project that she started. I am not going to frog the project into balls, I will just use it off of the project. That will give me more crochet time :D

So I guess you can put me down for another one. This makes 4 for me on here.....3 done, another in the works :hook

I think I am going to name this one 'Sandy Beaches'. The color of yarn reminds me of the different colors of sand you see at the beach. I'll take a picture when I have better lighting.

I started another ghan today. I am making this one with LB Homespun. I'm not sure what the color's name is since it was gifted to me from a wonderful woman that doesn't like working with it. She had started a project, didn't like it so she undid some of it and sent what she rolled into balls as well as the project that she started. I am not going to frog the project into balls, I will just use it off of the project. That will give me more crochet time :D

So I guess you can put me down for another one. This makes 4 for me on here.....3 done, another in the works :hook

I think I am going to name this one 'Sandy Beaches'. The color of yarn reminds me of the different colors of sand you see at the beach. I'll take a picture when I have better lighting.

Barb, could you please add: afghan for my dad to my list?

I love seeing all the finished and in progress pictures! Aren't baby afghans fun to make?

deb

Hey, ladies, I'll get your afghans added to the list.

Yes, I love getting to see pics or everybody's projects.

Archived