Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

It's so wonderful to hear from so many! I'll get to work on the updates right NOW! ;)

I've been working on my Victorian Afghan. I kept saying how easy it is. Now I'm on the border and you wouldn't believe the trouble I've had with it. I'm not getting the spacing just right. I finally decided to give up on it and make up a border of my own. That proved to be very difficult so I'm back to attempting the pattern border again.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Howdy. Count me in. I am itching to do an afghan - just haven't chosen one yet. I have Herschnerr's Blue Ribbon book - and there's a few in there..just have to make up my mind and buy the yarn.

I'm working on the Christmas Celebration afghan out of that book (for Christmas 2008 of course!!). Had to learn how to afghan stitch AND then make picots in afghan stitch. So I started slow, but now moving along fairly well. Hopefully this CAL will help me stay motivated because you are all such awesome here! :manyheart

I do believe I have all the additions and updates made to the first post. :yay

BarbaraJean, if it's not too much trouble can you add the Annie's Attic Baby Rings Mile-A-Minute to my list. That one falls somewhere between the roses and the Army :eek

Thanks .

Joyce

Actually, Joyce - it's being raffled online. I ship it to the winner.

How did your auction do, Krystal?

I'm working on the Christmas Celebration afghan out of that book (for Christmas 2008 of course!!). Had to learn how to afghan stitch AND then make picots in afghan stitch. So I started slow, but now moving along fairly well. Hopefully this CAL will help me stay motivated because you are all such awesome here! :manyheart

Is it too late to join? I may not have the right kinda ghan but its an Elvis graph gahn....

Hi Ladies! Welcome to the CAL! I'll get your projects added to the first post. :yay I hope you'll come by often and update us on your progress. And if you're not making progress... stop by for some encouragement. ;)

BarbaraJean, if it's not too much trouble can you add the Annie's Attic Baby Rings Mile-A-Minute to my list. That one falls somewhere between the roses and the Army :eek

Thanks .

Joyce

Hi Joyce! I'll get it added. :clap Looking forward to seeing it.

Hooray Hooray! :yay I finished my first panel of the Christmas afghan and got started on the second panel. Of course, this is a 9 panel afghan, but hey, ya gotta start somewhere!!!

Sounds ike you're off to a great start Laura! :yes

[

Hi Joyce! I'll get it added. :clap Looking forward to seeing it.

Thanks BarbaraJean. I must confess it's the one I'm looking MOST forward to because I've been wanting to make it since I saw it sometime around last Christmas covering a baby at a Christmas event. It was very pretty!

Joyce

Even though it's not on the 1st post list, I have finished a giant granny square for my bedroom. Here are pics

IM001505.jpg

IM001511.jpg

I have washed it and it is now soft and laying across the foot of my bed!

Joyce

Wow, it has been a long long time since I posted in this thread...OOPS:blush

I put the 2 strander on hold for a while, then couldn't find it. My DS asked me how it was coming along, and I told him I put it up and now can't find it. Well, after he left last night, I found it so it has gone from a MIA project to a WIP :clap:clap

Giant Granny 2-strand is complete!!!!

I used RH WW in Cherry Chip & Brown. N-Hook.

It was a quick and easy workup, and once it was washed and dried is soft and fluffy:c9

This was a Christmas/Housewarming gift for a friend.

Check my blog (link in siggy) for pictures, having trouble posting pics tonight :angry

Wow, it has been a long long time since I posted in this thread...OOPS:blush

I put the 2 strander on hold for a while, then couldn't find it. My DS asked me how it was coming along, and I told him I put it up and now can't find it. Well, after he left last night, I found it so it has gone from a MIA project to a WIP :clap:clap

Yay! Looking forward to seeing it!

Giant Granny 2-strand is complete!!!!

I used RH WW in Cherry Chip & Brown. N-Hook.

It was a quick and easy workup, and once it was washed and dried is soft and fluffy:c9

This was a Christmas/Housewarming gift for a friend.

Check my blog (link in siggy) for pictures, having trouble posting pics tonight :angry

Beautiful! I always enjoy seeing the color combinations you all come up with!

I'll update the first post with a link to your blog entry. :yay

Okay, updates!

►The knit/crochet afghan has been called off, the surprise was ruined before x-mas due to poor hiding spots :P

►The yoyo afghan has been called off....for now..... I've been busy working out new stuffie ideas, and haven't really been working on it.

►And the kittens in a row afghan was frogged the other night. :cry

I'm still in the CAL, just hibernating for a while until I find the right 'ghan :D

Hi guys, really sorry I havn't posted in a while.

I have almost completed my dad's afghan, I made it to fit his king size bed and I improvised the pattern as I went along.

I have done a sc, hdc, slst border, spent 10 hours weaving in ends, still have a few more hours left to complete it.

dadsafghanalmostcomplete.jpg

Close up or border

border.jpg

The baby blanket is on the back burner for now, might pick it back up once I have most of my smaller WIP's complete.

Good Evening To All of You:hook

It's been too long since I've been here...:think:blush & I do have an update on how far I've gotten on my granny square afghan:yay

Click on Picture, Please!!

th_GrannySquareAfghanWIP001.jpg

Take Good Care of Yourselves & have a fun weekend!!!

Okay, updates!

►The knit/crochet afghan has been called off, the surprise was ruined before x-mas due to poor hiding spots :P

►The yoyo afghan has been called off....for now..... I've been busy working out new stuffie ideas, and haven't really been working on it.

►And the kittens in a row afghan was frogged the other night. :cry

I'm still in the CAL, just hibernating for a while until I find the right 'ghan :D

:lol I'll leave your Yoyo Afghan on the list since you'll eventually be finishing it. So sorry about your kittens afghan though.

Good Evening To All of You:hook

It's been too long since I've been here...:think:blush & I do have an update on how far I've gotten on my granny square afghan:yay

Click on Picture, Please!!

th_GrannySquareAfghanWIP001.jpg

Take Good Care of Yourselves & have a fun weekend!!!

Oh, Carol, you make me want to get started on a motif afghan.

Hi guys, really sorry I havn't posted in a while.

I have almost completed my dad's afghan, I made it to fit his king size bed and I improvised the pattern as I went along.

I have done a sc, hdc, slst border, spent 10 hours weaving in ends, still have a few more hours left to complete it.

dadsafghanalmostcomplete.jpg

Close up or border

border.jpg

The baby blanket is on the back burner for now, might pick it back up once I have most of my smaller WIP's complete.

Wow! 10 hours weaving in ends. :blink:blinkBut, hey, it looks great!

Hey guys! Still working on my Vanna "squares" afghan. Project stalled due to sudden urge to knit!

I've got all the squares done and put together and now just have to do the edging. I'll post pics when done --hopefully very soon. It's rather a small ghan, more of a "throw" or large baby blanket.

Hey guys! Still working on my Vanna "squares" afghan. Project stalled due to sudden urge to knit!

I've got all the squares done and put together and now just have to do the edging. I'll post pics when done --hopefully very soon. It's rather a small ghan, more of a "throw" or large baby blanket.

Almost finished! :yay

I've made great progress on my victorian afghan this morning. I will probably finish the crochet part today but won't post a picture of it until I get the ribbon added. Will have to make a run to Wal*Mart tomorrow to get the ribbon.

I have set the hexagons aside...I was promoted and have NO time, my daughter has several afghans already and is willing to wait...I have to finish my dad's ripple, LB suede, blue, and my mom's shawl, joann's sensation, blue&white, and the Prairie Star for my sister. Sorry, I will keep in touch when I can.

Archived