Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

I need to add one more to my list :blush It's a Vintage Vertical Stripe Blanket

I am making it for a twin bed in primary colors, for my best friends little boy :)

http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/bb141/candyscrochet/?action=view&current=RonnieXmasafghanWIP.jpg

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lost my tapestry needles, so I can't weave in ends on all my motifs. I'm going to start ANOTHER afghan, because I'm teaching my best friend to crochet, and she wants to work on one with me. I'm probably going to stop work on old-fashioned favorite for a while (and then I can use the soft white for the Disney Princess afghan LOL).

I wish I could find my Nancy Drew movies (I have all four...somewhere), they would be good to watch.

Everyone's so quiet...how is everyone doing on there projects? I finished another skein on my seashell baskets afghan. I also tried to make a ripple afghan for the first time and I think I have to frog the whole thing. I think this ripple is going to be rather challenging for me. :hook

May I join your group Barbara Jean? I'm working on Vanna's crocheted squares afghan from Lionbrand . I think this will go fairly quickly as I can easily do a square a day, and there are only 9 squares.... :hook

70201A.html?noImages=0

CompletedCottonRipple.jpg

Hi Barbara Jean & Everyone,

Ohhhhh, I'm so happy to report that my Mission Falls cotton ripple is complete as of last night! This was a joy to crochet and I used an I hook, and the pattern was from Family Circle magazine, fall 2006 issue. This turned out very light and airy, and yet toasty to cover up with which makes it the perfect 'snuggle up' afghan. I placed the colors at random as the mood struck and here is the result. Hope everyone likes it and now it's off to complete at least 3 WIPs for Christmas.

Ohhhhh, I'm so happy to report that my Mission Falls cotton ripple is complete as of last night! This was a joy to crochet and I used an I hook, and the pattern was from Family Circle magazine, fall 2006 issue. This turned out very light and airy, and yet toasty to cover up with which makes it the perfect 'snuggle up' afghan. I placed the colors at random as the mood struck and here is the result. Hope everyone likes it and now it's off to complete at least 3 WIPs for Christmas.

Very pretty!

Oh my! I really got behind! Okay, let's see if I can get caught up. :D

Everyone's so quiet...how is everyone doing on there projects? I finished another skein on my seashell baskets afghan. I also tried to make a ripple afghan for the first time and I think I have to frog the whole thing. I think this ripple is going to be rather challenging for me. :hook

Ripples are great though!

As for my progress: I'm working on the Victorian baby blanket and it progressing nicely. I love it!

May I join your group Barbara Jean? I'm working on Vanna's crocheted squares afghan from Lionbrand . I think this will go fairly quickly as I can easily do a square a day, and there are only 9 squares.... :hook

70201A.html?noImages=0

Wow! That's beautiful! Will you be using the same colors?

I'll add you to the first post. Please check back as often as possible to post you progress and to encourage others. When it's completed post here to let us know so that I can post COMPLETED! by your name.

There is a CAL button in the first post if you would like to use it on your blog, website or myspace.

BarbaraJean- Need to add another baby blanket for me please. It's just a simple corner to corner in lavender. Just call it Lavender Baby Blanket. Thanks!

Biz

Okay! :clap

Congratulations! Your random choice of colors turned out great!

BarbaraJean,

I forgot to tell you that I finished my dragonfly afghan.

Here's a link to my picture, I can't figure out how to get it to show up as a post here: http://bp3.blogger.com/_W3tuDwFswrg/RyHb_l2KZrI/AAAAAAAAAOI/u2ysr9tG5jY/s1600-h/1026dragonfly.jpg

Great job! I'll update the first post.

Well, that's the way we get things done, isn't it? :cheer

I'm still working on my baby blanket. Been kind of busy with other things besides crocheting too. I recently set up a forum for our church and then this weekend our church's laptop died so I spent a LOT of time working on it too.

Well, I finally got the Branches and Bobbles afghan done, except I'm now doing the stitching on the surface of the afghan. AHHH!!! Actually, I'm doing as well as can be expected, seeing as I've never attempted to do this before...

I am still plugging away on the baby blanket. Part of my problem is Christmas...it's coming...LOL

I don't crochet Christmas gifts so that doesn't slow me down but.... I burnt a fingertip today so I'm don't know how much I'll get done until it heals. :(

Well, I finally got the Branches and Bobbles afghan done, except I'm now doing the stitching on the surface of the afghan. AHHH!!! Actually, I'm doing as well as can be expected, seeing as I've never attempted to do this before...

Good luck with it!

I have just finished reading all the posts and as I have a couple of afghans that won't fit in to the other threads I am in I would love to have the encouragement from you all here.

I am currently working on a diagonal baby blanket in Bernat Softee Baby, Baby Denim Marl, with a K hook. I have about a foot (across what will be the bottom of the blanket) done so far and my coworker's son is due December 12. I am hoping that he is a cooperative little guy and doesn't come before his due date.

Hello All,

I too have an afghan that won't fit into any other CAL. Could I join too? I am making a Log Cabin Afghan from Lion Brand. I don't know exactly if I love it but DH picked it out and the colors are iffy. Well oh well at least it will keep him warm no matter how ugly it is. :manyheart Can't wait to see everyone's creations. :hook

Hello All,

I too have an afghan that won't fit into any other CAL. Could I join too? I am making a Log Cabin Afghan from Lion Brand. I don't know exactly if I love it but DH picked it out and the colors are iffy. Well oh well at least it will keep him warm no matter how ugly it is. :manyheart Can't wait to see everyone's creations. :hook

LOL! Yeah...they can pick some doozies! But its good to see you aren't squelching his creativity!! :D

Welcome new people!

What a beautiful afghan! Where did you get the pattern for this one? I have a special baby afghan to make and this would be perfect. You did such a good job!

quote=DavaJ;957101]Sorry, I haven't been in for awhile. I hope you all are doing well. I have a photo of the baby gan. All done. Hope you all like it. Circle of love.

Webpicblanket.jpg

Archived