This is getting annoying

ya sometimes i have to press the little stop button after trying to post in quick reply, and do it over again too... but i never had the screen fade into darkness?? or how was it that darksi said?

maybe u do have gremlins in your puter! :'(

hope you can get it cleared up tho darski! good luck!

I just did some poking around in the vbulletin support forums, and this problem is not unique to Crochetville.

There were quite a few threads from other forum admins asking how to solve the problem. I've forwarded all the links to those threads to Donna so she can see if there is anything we can do to solve it. (Other than wait for the vbulletin people to fix it in the next software update.)

I never use the quick reply feature, so never knew anybody was having a problem. I can use quick reply in Internet Explorer 7 with no problem. It hangs when I use it in Firefox: the post is actually made, but my screen hangs and I have to refresh a time or two to get the updated page to show. Regular reply works without problems in Firefox.

So in the meantime, we have some limited options to work around this:

--quick reply works fine in IE 7

--if you use quick reply in Firefox, realize you're going to have to stop and refresh your page a time or two to get it to load

--just use the regular reply feature in Firefox

Sorry I can't offer anyone a fix right now, but Donna or I will let everyone know if anything else can be done.

I use Firefox and was having the same problem w/quick post yesterday, so just stopped using quickpost The problem does seeem to be related to the Google aDs, everytime I would try a QuickPost, a page from google would try to load , firefox was doing it's job( yes I have anti-adware ) and preventing the page from loading. Just a minor inconvenience though.

I also use firefox and am also having problems using quick reply. I noticed it yesterday for the first time. After hitting submit reply, the screen goes to white and nothing happens. I cleaned my cache, cleaned out cookies, ran my anti spyware programs, etc. and still am having problems with quick reply. If I use quick reply, I just reload the site and start again. I have the 'Ville in my favorites toolbar, so I just click it and it loads right up. Just a slight inconvenience but just wanted share my experience as well.

I've never used Quick Reply, it always seemed simpler to use the regular reply, plus if I had to re-check what had already been said, the postings are below the box I type in.

Darski, I don't know if this will work or not. Sometimes on different message boards I've went to make a reply and my page would never become active. One day I somehow hit the STOP at the top of my browser and suddenly the page popped on. The whole page that was trying to load was being held in limbo while an ad was trying to load. Hitting stopped, stopped the ad from continuing to try to come in and somehow still allowed the page to load. It's worth a try the next your page doesn't come in.

I *THINK* I found a solution for Firefox users. (at least it's working for me)

Click TOOLS, OPTIONS, CONTENT, click the ALLOWED SITES button. Add http://www.google.com and google.com to your allowed list.

Click close and then go make a quick reply comment somewhere on the board and see if this fixed the problem for you.

Hmmm.. it worked for an ealier post, but not for this one. strange. sorry for the false alarm.

I totally changed my mind on this. Now I can't even get the ville to load on firefox.

Darski - where did you find a quick defrag?

I got it here and it does work quickly

http://www.snapfiles.com/download/dlfastdefrag.html

Reduces from 90% to 26 or 27 % in a cleaning

Disclaimer >>>>> Beware of adding any software to your computer :think

Archived