FEBRUARY Charity Square-A-Long! (February 9th-12th)

LavenderBear

I got one 12 inch square done tonight. I've been so busy with work all weekend, that I haven't had much of a chance to work on any, but I'll probably get another started and maybe a few done tomorrow!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello again! It's just about shut eye time for this crocheter, so I am going to post a little note here and then sign off for the night! ;)

I only made 4 squares today, but they are 4 more than I had really thought I would be able to do with the LARGE AMOUNT of homework I had today! I won't have a ton of time tomorrow, either, but I will work on them in between my study rounds! :D

This has been a pretty quiet round this time, but it's also been NICE to get to know some of you newbies and to have it a little more relaxed! THANKS for participating, and keep on plugging away until you hit the sheets tomorrow (Monday) night! :cheer And DON'T FORGET to post your GRAND TOTAL right away!! I don't want to leave anyone out, but I will be posting the totals on Tuesday evening after I get home from class!

Sweet dreams or good morning to all of you out there in C'Ville land!! :manyheart

I managed to squeeze in 11 squares last night after dinner!

So my total so far is 32! I wonder if I can make an even 50 today??? I'm going to try!

Hi Linda,

Last night at 10:30 PM I got a call from my goddaughter's grandmother telling me she kept practicing until she made 2 chain patterns and sent them with her so I could see she learned. Next week I'll go over and show her a new stitch. I'm so blessed by her enthusiasm. Hopefully one day I'll be able to display something she's made.

What size squares are you making? 50 is a very impressive number. You GO GIRL.

Millie

Ok, everyone! This is our LAST DAY for this charity square-a-long round! I can see we have a few more people joining us and a few cheerleaders as well - YEAAAAAAAAH!! And it looks like some of us are passing on our craft to some of our wee ones and deciding what we will do with our squares - THAT'S GREAT!! Now it's time to plug for those last squares and hit that goal we set! And if we didn't set a goal, make one today and hit it before your pillow calls out your name! My goal for today is to make 8 squares! :hook That is twice the number of yesterday's, and that will give me a total of 60 squares when I'm done! What are YOUR plans for finishing up this round?!

Keep on making those squares! Every square made will become a part of a future item for someone in need! :yes:hug

I'm at home sick today, so in between resting and naps, I'll get some squares done.....

I participated in a bowling tournament this weekend, and did ok ....... and taught another crochet class @ my LYS, so I was pretty busy.

Hi Linda,

What size squares are you making? 50 is a very impressive number. You GO GIRL.

Millie

I'm making 6 inch squares, they go pretty quickly!

Hey, I'm not sure if everyone has found a home for their squares for this month. But if anyone is looking, I am making comfortghans for people in my area, I'm making 10-15 of them. So, if anyone needs a home for their 6" squares pm me, and I'll gladly give you my mailing address. Color of them doesn't matter, just that they are 6". :hug:hook

Hello again! I am DONE for this round and have completed 60 squares, 10 above my goal! :yay I really didn't think I would be able to get this many done, but I am HAPPY that I did! I have added them to my charity square bag, which is over half full now! I think after our next round it will be filled with enough squares for me to start piecing together some charity items!

Okay, when you are DONE with your squares for this round, be sure and post them to the group! :cheer Again, it doesn't matter if you've made 1 square or 1,000! What does matter is that you took the time to make squares that are going to be made into an item or more for those in need!! Give yourself a {{{BIG HUG}}} from me! :hug

I can't wait to hear about the charity squares all of you guys made! BE SURE AND REPORT YOUR TOTALS TONIGHT, PLEASE!! :yesThanks!

I have completed 48 suares.... not as many as I wanted, but enough to put together 1 comfortghan..... or it would be if the squares even a little bit matched, :lol so really I have 2 halves done, of 2 separte blankets, :yes

I didn't get any done today. So my final count is 6 - 6" and 1 1/2 - 12"

hopefully I'll do better next time, or make up for my lack of squares by doing more this week

Good Morning/Evening all

I had to wait until this morning to post, as my squares were in the bedroom where a sleeping hubby was.

Grand total for me this Sqaure a long is 65 - 6" and 1 - 12"

Have a great day......I can't wait to see the final total!!!! :hook :hook :hook

Archived