FEBRUARY Charity Square-A-Long! (February 9th-12th)

LavenderBear

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm joining this round - a bit late though! I've had a stressful week of school and I've only now checked the ville and found out about this. I've been trying to make 12" squares for the florida tornado victims comfortghans but have only made 1/2 of one. Tonight will be my catch up on crochet and TV night!

ok, i'm exhausted and going to bed early tonight. I did a fair bit of cleaning today, with more to do tomorrow before the party on Sunday, but I was able to complete 13 6" squares so :yay I'm hoping to get more than that done tomorrow, but it will depend on how much time I spend cleaning. Sunday is the party, but Danielle and I always crochet during family get togethers so I'm sure I'll get some done then. Anyway, 1 day at a time, and for today the total is 13!!

I'm joining this round - a bit late though! I've had a stressful week of school and I've only now checked the ville and found out about this. I've been trying to make 12" squares for the florida tornado victims comfortghans but have only made 1/2 of one. Tonight will be my catch up on crochet and TV night!

Hey Ankey,

Do you have any more info on what to make, and where to send the squares?

Thanks,

Slice

Thanks a lot Annie!

By the way, I'm working on my Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering and finished my B.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering in 2005! Good Luck with your studies...send me a message if you need any help (I'll try my best to help).

I'm starting the weekend with 4 12" squares finished; and I haven't sat down yet to watch the 11:00 PM news and other Fri. night shows. I'll report tomorrow how it goes. This is SOOOO much fun.:cheer

I did, however, separate the skeins I was going to use for this squares crochet-a-thon so I don't have to go digging around during the weekend. This is great for stash busting.

Have fun everyone.

Millie from NYC

Hello again! Okay, I am DONE for the day and completed 24 squares! They are all in one color, and I think I'll pick a new color for tomorrow!! My bag of squares is becoming QUITE colorful!!

Looks like some of you have already posted your totals for today - WTG!! And, yes, I agree! This is a GREAT way to do some stashbusting!!

Okay, I need to sign off and wind down! I have a new class (the 3rd one of this semester) that is starting at 8:00 in the morning! Gotta get some sleep before I sit in a morning class on the topic of statistics!!!!!

"See" you guys tomorrow! Keep up the GREAT work, and keep on crocheting and posting your successes! Even one square done is a HUGE success, so give yourself LOTS of credit for participating!! :hug

Hi, everyone. I'm just now joining, but will try to get at least two or three 16 inch squares done between now and Monday night. They are for use as Preemie Afghans for the local hospital's Preemie unit. The normal population is 100 preemies on any given day, all at different points in their stay there. The ladies in my church donate hats, afghans, shirts, and toys to the unit on an on-going basis.:hook

Hello everyone! I had a four hour class this morning and our crafting meeting right afterwards so I have not been home much today! However, I have been able to make 8 squares so far today and plan to crank out a few more before I hit the books tonight! :hook

How is everyone else doing today?! Have any of you changed colors like I have? I went from bright red to aqua blue and will soon be moving on to bright yellow when that color is used up! :yarn

I'll be back later to post my totals for today! Hope to see YOUR posts too! :yes

I finished up the paddy green I was using,and now I'm on to hot red

my total is still low, only 5 six inch squares,can't wait till daughter's move is done,its slowing me down and limiting my time.

Linda

Hi everyone. Day 2 and I made another 4 12" squares today - and the night's still young. I'm just checking my emails so I could sign off and pick up my yarn and hook. The stash I set aside for the squares is getting smaller and the squares pile is getting bigger. This is great fun!:

Millie

How EXCITING to see us each making and posting our squares! I surprisingly got another 24 done, but I won't have much time to work on them tomorrow, so it's a GOOD thing! Remember, it doesn't matter how many you get done, but that you worked toward at least one! ;)

I am signing off for the night and can't wait to see some more totals come in! :yes

Sweet dreams to those of us heading for our beds soon, and good morning to those just waking up! Isn't it NEAT how we can talk across the world (across the pond as many would say) and share our love of crocheting, and especially with these charity squares we're making?! I LOVE it!

Nite! Keep up the GREAT work, and keep on posting! :manyheart

well..... I didn't get any done on Saturday. I spent my time digging and playing in the yarn my daughter had accumulated. (see my blog)

BUT, so far this round I have done 1 1/2 12" squares. I have LOTS of baby blue sitting out and I should be ready to crochet all afternoon today (Sunday), unless hubby finds something for us to do.

Good job everyone!!

Hello, everyone! We are past the halfway point of this charity square-a-long, but that doesn't mean it's time to stop making our squares, right?! What I'd like to do is challenge you to make one more than what you did either the first or second day! So, if you made 3 squares on day 1, make 4 today! Or if you had a better day yesterday and made 10, make 11 today! Pick whichever you know you have time to do, and don't worry if it doesn't work out to do one more or not, just shoot for whatever goal you have for the day! And, of course, don't forget to post your success tonight before you hit the sheets! :yes

I'm off to eat some brunch and get some hot tea and water into my system! I'll be working on my squares in between homework today, but I am going to do my best with the time I have - knowing that even 1 square helps toward making an item for someone in need!! Let's keep going! :cheer:yarn:cheer

Morning everyone. I am on the last round of my first 16 inch square Preemie afghan. Then I'll start on the next one. These use two strands of baby yarn. This one is yellow for one strand and varigated yellow, green, and white for the other strand. Gotta run. Good luck everybody.:hook

Hi everybody!

Wow. Where did the weekend go? I'm working on square #12 so I'll definitely be making more than 4 today. Will post tomorrow how many I get done.

This is soooo much fun -- and relaxing. I just taught my Goddaughter how to crochet a chain. She's dying to learn how to make scarves so I made a deal with her. I would teach her how to make a scarf but I just want her to make one item for charity. She agreed - it's easy to make deals with 11 year olds. YEA!

Have fun everybody. I hope we do these square challenges often during the year.

OneStitchMillie

Archived