Collectible Doily Series.....Does anyone subscribe to this?

MsSuzKelly

Hi - I agree this looks like a great deal even though it's tempting I can't join anything else. I have been looking for one pattern (just one) in this series. It's called Pinwheel Runner and it's in the Purfect Pinwheels category of the collection. It's so much easier to look for a pattern when you know what it's called. Thanks again Debi!!! If anyone would be willing to share a copy of it, I would be more than happy to pay for it.

I subscribe to this series as does my XSIL. We love it. I've made a few of the doilies and so has my XSIL. I agree it can get costly, but it's like Christmas when the patterns come in the mail. There's another series I'm thinking of subscribing to called simply the Crochet series (I think...) It has a variety of crochet patterns, not just doilies...but I don't know...still on the fence about it. But I really do like this doily series...

I got a subscription packet for this but didn't do it either. I once joined a recipe club like this and I figured out it would cost around $300 to complete the cookbook. There ain't no way I could rectify doing something like that so I quit after a few months.

Darlene

The thing that always trips me up is the undisclosed fees for S&H each month. They tell you the cost of each packet (4.99 each, 2 a month, so about $10 a month), but not the cost of "postage and processing".

If I had a buddy to share a subscription with, I might be more tempted(I did this with a recipe one, once - we found that we liked different recipes, so we each got half of the cards and paid half the cost!), but $120/year plus unknown "postage and processing" seems steep.

Not that I'm not tempted - mightily tempted!

Oh, ouch. Those stupid undisclosed fees. Well, you don't have to keep them, right? You can send back whatever you dont want...?? Ha, like that's gonna happen once they are in our hot little hands??? LMAO

• 3 weeks later...

I subscribed to this then all of a sudden they stopped coming to me.

I have no idea why.

But I treasure the ones I have and have made a lot of them.

I bought some page protectors and use them in that book for adding more patterns that I get from various places. I should put everything in 3 ring binders--it's so handy!

I did this with the afghan one and realized for the few patterns I was getting every month that I could buy corhcet books and encyclopedias with the same money and have tons more patterns.

For those of you that have the money - good luck and God bless. I truly hope you enjoy your collections.

I ordered mine last week. I do know it will cost a bit - but I have been having a hard time finding a good variety for doilies. So I figured I would get it for a couple of months and then cancel. That way I will atleast have some to play with.

I received it last week and they send you a large 3 ring binder.. there are sections for marvelous motifs, pineapple treasures, 5 hour doilies, twinklimg stars, favorite filet, a touch of color, elegant ruffles, xmas magic, perfect pinwheels, old time favorites, heirloom table toppers, and floral beauties....

8 patterns came with the starter set...

So far I think its great :manyheart

Mine finally came!!:hook Now to order some thread.

I am very anxious to see what the next shipment will be and what the cost will be. The invoice with this starter shipment was only $6.93!!!!

Archived