Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

I knew I forgot something! We were at DD's this morning to see if it was too wet to start planting shrubs. It was, but she has picked out paint colors for the outside of their house...it's a soft buttery yellow with creamy white trim and dark sage green accents. So I told her she would now have a "Happy Yellow House!"

She loved that and I told her that Cara wouldn't mind if they copied her name. :D

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I knew I forgot something! We were at DD's this morning to see if it was too wet to start planting shrubs. It was, but she has picked out paint colors for the outside of their house...it's a soft buttery yellow with creamy white trim and dark sage green accents. So I told her she would now have a "Happy Yellow House!"

She loved that and I told her that Cara wouldn't mind if they copied her name. :D

Of course not :D I think that's rather cool :D

OMG..... my heart is like breaking so badly for my friend.

So her hubby had her move out right? So she did. So shes been lied to by him a lot right, its like his compulsive behavior or whatever. So for some reason, I don't know many dets, but she went back to the apt last night for something, and there was her HUSBAND, yep because they are still married right now, his friend, and a LADY, a LADY!!! Cuddling with her HUSBAND. OMG.... phewwwwww if I werent a 3rd party that man, well boy I should call him now, would get a piece of my mind...mmmhmmm. I'll be calling her today for sure...ohhh yea.

Okay so on a happier note, I almost have the comfortghan boarder done. Then I will have lots of ends to hide, but Oh well. Im gonna try to send this to her next week if I can manage to get the address to where she is staying.

Oh my my my.

Allergies are a killing today! ewww

Hope everyone is well!!

So her hubby had her move out right? So she did. So shes been lied to by him a lot right, its like his compulsive behavior or whatever. So for some reason, I don't know many dets, but she went back to the apt last night for something, and there was her HUSBAND, yep because they are still married right now, his friend, and a LADY, a LADY!!! Cuddling with her HUSBAND. OMG.... phewwwwww if I werent a 3rd party that man, well boy I should call him now, would get a piece of my mind...mmmhmmm. I'll be calling her today for sure...ohhh yea.

Okay so on a happier note, I almost have the comfortghan boarder done. Then I will have lots of ends to hide, but Oh well. Im gonna try to send this to her next week if I can manage to get the address to where she is staying.

Oh my my my.

Hope everyone is well!!

Awww, I'm sorry that happened to your friend. But maybe it's also a blessing in disguise. Maybe it'll finally open her eyes and she'll leave him for good. I know, it's still not a good thing to have happen.

Ugh, it's way too early for me to be up on a Saturday. I ordered some shoes and Fedex tried to deliver them yesterday. Why can't they be like UPS? UPS does residential deliveries in the late afternoon/early evening. Not Fedex, they tried to deliver my shoes at 8:40 am! So now I'm up waiting on my re-delivery. :rolleyes

Thanks for the get betters everyone. Even though the migraine was Thursday, I still had some eye issues yesterday. I'm doing much better today, I can look at my computer screen without little floaties at the bottom of my screen :D

Oh, I was at Joann's yesterday to pick up some more cream and saw the Red Heart holiday colors. They're pretty :D And I think I might get those to do the ornaments instead. The Holiday Homespun is pretty, but it bunches up on me and using a smaller hook I'm snagging it. So I think I'll make a blanket out of that instead and get the RH for the ornaments, what a great excuse for more yarn :lol

Yah, early sat. here too....no sleeping in for me this weekend. I let josh sleep in yesterday because he has drill this weekend. Poor baby, ugh. Plus now Im like foaming at the mouth because its too early to call my friend. I do think it was a good thing she finally found out, its been going on for a few weeks I think at least. They are young, like 21, so. But still it sounded like something straight out of high school, only a marriage and baby are involved. Of course shes probably so angry its not healthy but we're all human.

I want to go back to sleep.... :(

Good morning ladies :tired

Erin I'm so sorry about your friend. But hey, she has good evidence for the divorce. Fraternizing before the divorce can cause big trouble. I know from experience. :P We'd been separated for over 2 years then BD came along and he went ballistic. :rolleyes Dunno why. We weren't having any contact at all except when I picked up my kids. Anywho....I hope she clears out her stuff and just flat out kicks that fool to the curb :yes

Val - Glad to hear you're feeling better :hug I got my holiday RH at JoAnns too :D We have a tiny JoAnns but I still buy most of my yarn there. I've noticed they were adding more yarn. Then I got an email today regarding my local store saying that they were expanding the yarn department :dance

I have been awake about 7 minutes shy of 24 hours now :tired I'm not gonna go to bed though :no Gonna stay up all day so I can get back on track. It's BDs fault. He kept playing all the movies I like :lol

Then he went to bed at about 7:45 and he'll probably sleep all day. This should be interesting :lol I would go to bed but I have cats to feed on a schedule and chores and all that jazz. BDs off on the weekends and he does squat for the most part :lol

Okay, I'm rambling now. I'm a little slap happy so forgive me :lol

I dunno why its buggin me so much. Probably the fact that shes been working so hard to make things work and hes been doing the opposite. Its dumb to because the friend that was with "them" was the girls ex bf. For real. Come on. Wow, I feel like a drama queen. Oh and she said something about having it on tape. Id be interested to see that tape. He made her move out of the apt, probably so he could have free rein of it. And thats what he does less than a week later, niiiiice. Shes got a lot of dirt on him if he wants to play any sort of hard ball with her in courts. He thinks that he will have all he needs since he sent her to jail for slapping him, I seriously hope if he uses that that the judge laughs him out the door. He's just not thinking clearly. Im not sure she can prove cheating though, I mean is cuddling cheating in the court of law? Don't get me wrong, Im not dumb, Im sure there is more to this relationship that childs play cuddles. lol. Its even more sad that on the nights he is able to take their daughter he doesnt.

Sigh...

I cannot wait to send her this blanket now!!!

Just makes me that much more thankful that I know my husband would never have the need or nerve to do such a thing to me and our son. :manyheart

OH! and on a much lighter note... I feel the need to share a little something from my little dude. So, here it is!!!

post-19700-135897450256_thumb.jpg

AHHHHHHHHH don't you just want to grab that cute little face and kiss the daylights outta him?!!? I do :D

:manyheart

OH! and on a much lighter note... I feel the need to share a little something from my little dude. So, here it is!!!

[ATTACH]8925[/ATTACH]

AHHHHHHHHH don't you just want to grab that cute little face and kiss the daylights outta him?!!? I do :D

Oh what a sweet picture! :manyheart

I dunno why its buggin me so much. Probably the fact that shes been working so hard to make things work and hes been doing the opposite. Its dumb to because the friend that was with "them" was the girls ex bf. For real. Come on. Wow, I feel like a drama queen. Oh and she said something about having it on tape. Id be interested to see that tape. He made her move out of the apt, probably so he could have free rein of it. And thats what he does less than a week later, niiiiice. Shes got a lot of dirt on him if he wants to play any sort of hard ball with her in courts. He thinks that he will have all he needs since he sent her to jail for slapping him, I seriously hope if he uses that that the judge laughs him out the door. He's just not thinking clearly. Im not sure she can prove cheating though, I mean is cuddling cheating in the court of law? Don't get me wrong, Im not dumb, Im sure there is more to this relationship that childs play cuddles. lol. Its even more sad that on the nights he is able to take their daughter he doesnt.

Sigh...

I cannot wait to send her this blanket now!!!

Just makes me that much more thankful that I know my husband would never have the need or nerve to do such a thing to me and our son. :manyheart

[ATTACH]8925[/ATTACH]

Wow he's getting big! And so cute! And :hug to you and your friend. I'm sure she's grateful to have you in her life and the support you provide her.

Good morning Cara! I hope you're able to make it all day. I wouldn't, that's for sure. I have no get up and go today, well, I got up but I really don't want to go. And I need to. Some friend's are having a get together for their daughter's 2nd birthday and I need to pick up another friend's daughter. So I'm outta here now while I have a modicum of "go", otherwise I just want to curl up on the couch and do nothing today :lol

Awww, I'm sorry that happened to your friend. But maybe it's also a blessing in disguise. Maybe it'll finally open her eyes and she'll leave him for good. I know, it's still not a good thing to have happen.

Ugh, it's way too early for me to be up on a Saturday. I ordered some shoes and Fedex tried to deliver them yesterday. Why can't they be like UPS? UPS does residential deliveries in the late afternoon/early evening. Not Fedex, they tried to deliver my shoes at 8:40 am! So now I'm up waiting on my re-delivery. :rolleyes

Thanks for the get betters everyone. Even though the migraine was Thursday, I still had some eye issues yesterday. I'm doing much better today, I can look at my computer screen without little floaties at the bottom of my screen :D

Oh, I was at Joann's yesterday to pick up some more cream and saw the Red Heart holiday colors. They're pretty :D And I think I might get those to do the ornaments instead. The Holiday Homespun is pretty, but it bunches up on me and using a smaller hook I'm snagging it. So I think I'll make a blanket out of that instead and get the RH for the ornaments, what a great excuse for more yarn :lol

I saw the RH holiday colors at Joann's yesterday, too! :rofl I didn't buy any because I couldn't decide what I'd make with it.

Oh my my my.

Hope everyone is well!!

I'm so sorry for your friend. :hug I know it's hard to sit back and watch your friend go through something like that.

Good morning ladies :tired

Erin I'm so sorry about your friend. But hey, she has good evidence for the divorce. Fraternizing before the divorce can cause big trouble. I know from experience. :P We'd been separated for over 2 years then BD came along and he went ballistic. :rolleyes Dunno why. We weren't having any contact at all except when I picked up my kids. Anywho....I hope she clears out her stuff and just flat out kicks that fool to the curb :yes

Val - Glad to hear you're feeling better :hug I got my holiday RH at JoAnns too :D We have a tiny JoAnns but I still buy most of my yarn there. I've noticed they were adding more yarn. Then I got an email today regarding my local store saying that they were expanding the yarn department :dance

I have been awake about 7 minutes shy of 24 hours now :tired I'm not gonna go to bed though :no Gonna stay up all day so I can get back on track. It's BDs fault. He kept playing all the movies I like :lol

Then he went to bed at about 7:45 and he'll probably sleep all day. This should be interesting :lol I would go to bed but I have cats to feed on a schedule and chores and all that jazz. BDs off on the weekends and he does squat for the most part :lol

Okay, I'm rambling now. I'm a little slap happy so forgive me :lol

Goodness!! I really hope you get back on track. I've been awake for 36 hours a few times before. I was always miserable about hour 27 on.

[ATTACH]8925[/ATTACH]

What a cutie!!! He is absolutely gorgeous. :yes

I'm back from getting my friends' mom's stuff moved out of her house. It went quickly. We stayed busy so we didn't get too sad. It was tough, but not horrible.

Jackson and Cooper were fighting when I left the house this morning. They are still fighting!! I don't know what the problem is with those two. They don't usually fight.

Wow he's getting big! And so cute! And :hug to you and your friend. I'm sure she's grateful to have you in her life and the support you provide her.

Good morning Cara! I hope you're able to make it all day. I wouldn't, that's for sure. I have no get up and go today, well, I got up but I really don't want to go. And I need to. Some friend's are having a get together for their daughter's 2nd birthday and I need to pick up another friend's daughter. So I'm outta here now while I have a modicum of "go", otherwise I just want to curl up on the couch and do nothing today :lol

Ahh so you're having one of those "My get up and go done got up and went" sorta days? I can relate to those :lol

I'm back from getting my friends' mom's stuff moved out of her house. It went quickly. We stayed busy so we didn't get too sad. It was tough, but not horrible.

You're a good friend to have been there for here during that :hug

Jackson and Cooper were fighting when I left the house this morning. They are still fighting!! I don't know what the problem is with those two. They don't usually fight.

Okay. It must be something in the air then! I spent an hour separating Misa and Tuon because all the did was fight and it wasn't the play wrestling they usually do. I had to send them to their mutual corners to nap :tryme:lol

I was dragging so I made me a nice fry up for breakfast. That perked me up just enough to have a nap on the couch :blush:lol It was only 20 minutes maybe but it sure helped. Guess what they say about Power Naps is true :lol

Oh and btw, I can't remember if I mentioned that BD has the site all purtied up with an integrated blog and the gallery is finally working :dance:jumpyay I was so excited I could hardly stand it :lol

I any of y'all have photos you'd like to have included in the gallery just shoot it to me in an email. The more the merrier :D

Hi, everyone. The trip to the hunting lodge got canceled due to rain and several of us not feeling so good. I've spent most of the long weekend asleep so far. Friday I managed to stay awake for two hours before taking a 5 hour nap. Then I was awake for 4 hours and out for the night and all of the morning. I managed for stay awake for 8 hours yesterday, but didn't accomplish much. And then slept the clock around again last night. Sheesh! I guess I was a whole lot more tired than I realized. I'm feeling more awake now, although the sound of the steady rain on the roof is enough to put me back to sleep if I give it a chance. :lol

Morning Ladies!

I must be drama queen central this week or something I swear. Ugh. I blame my parents for raising me to be so nosey lol. Now my DH best friend is at my throat. He married my friend or whatever and they haven't been getting along. And he really likes to pull the "I work so" card with her, but he just went off on me for stupid things. I basically was saying that men should be more sensitive and nice to their wives. Then it went into how me not being in school is my fault because I can use my DH GI bill, which I cant. Just down right mean stuff to me, so now I feel the half of what his wife is going through. It was just outta line and now my DH is ticked that he talked to me like that. I dunno. Now Im scared him and his wife are gonna talk about it when she wakes up and its gonna cause a fight with them. Ugh. I should just crawl under a rock some days. This guy is my good friend too so thats really nice. I wasnt perfect of course, but I warned him.

Oh, but its DH birthday today! Sadly he has drill, but hopefully he will get out a little early. We're gonna go to eat someplace. He got his gift a while back, the guns and such lol. Got him a calendar of baby boy though. He's 27 and feels old....lol....

Nicole, check out Lion's site, they have some really cute snowman and mouse ornaments. That's what I'm going to do with the RH yarn, make them as little gifts for people.

Cara, http://www.crochetbox.com/ has your Joyful Noise afghan on their site! Linked to yours of course :D

Erin, sorry about everything. But I hope you and DH are able to celebrate DH's birthday and make it a good one for him.

I'm waiting on DBF so we can head to Old Chicago. I'm ready for some football :D

Good morning ladies :flower

Erin - :hug :hug

Linda - Sorry you're not feeling well :hug

Val - Have fun in Chicago :hug

Nicole - Sorry you're not feel well either :hug

I got some sleep last night but fitful :P But it was sleep :D

I got to looking at my yarn choices for the GB boy and I'm rethinking it. I was going to use buff for the background and warm brown for the GB boy himself. That's just not enough contrast so I'm thinking the background is going to have to be either aran or soft white. I'll have to dig around and see what I have :yes

Okay. It must be something in the air then! I spent an hour separating Misa and Tuon because all the did was fight and it wasn't the play wrestling they usually do. I had to send them to their mutual corners to nap :tryme:lol

Must be! They were at it again in the middle of the night. I know what you mean about the play wrestling. They were trying to hurt each other! I had to separate them, too. Cooper got sent to his room and Jackson was put in mine. They seem better today. Of course, they have to sleep sometime since they fought all night. :lol

I was dragging so I made me a nice fry up for breakfast. That perked me up just enough to have a nap on the couch :blush:lol It was only 20 minutes maybe but it sure helped. Guess what they say about Power Naps is true :lol

Oh and btw, I can't remember if I mentioned that BD has the site all purtied up with an integrated blog and the gallery is finally working :dance:jumpyay I was so excited I could hardly stand it :lol

I any of y'all have photos you'd like to have included in the gallery just shoot it to me in an email. The more the merrier :D

Can't wait to check out the site!! :yay

Hi, everyone. The trip to the hunting lodge got canceled due to rain and several of us not feeling so good. I've spent most of the long weekend asleep so far. Friday I managed to stay awake for two hours before taking a 5 hour nap. Then I was awake for 4 hours and out for the night and all of the morning. I managed for stay awake for 8 hours yesterday, but didn't accomplish much. And then slept the clock around again last night. Sheesh! I guess I was a whole lot more tired than I realized. I'm feeling more awake now, although the sound of the steady rain on the roof is enough to put me back to sleep if I give it a chance. :lol

Sorry the trip was canceled, but it sounds like you needed the rest. I love raining Sunday's....we have rain here for the first time in almost a month....we need it badly.

Morning Ladies!

I must be drama queen central this week or something I swear. Ugh. I blame my parents for raising me to be so nosey lol. Now my DH best friend is at my throat. He married my friend or whatever and they haven't been getting along. And he really likes to pull the "I work so" card with her, but he just went off on me for stupid things. I basically was saying that men should be more sensitive and nice to their wives. Then it went into how me not being in school is my fault because I can use my DH GI bill, which I cant. Just down right mean stuff to me, so now I feel the half of what his wife is going through. It was just outta line and now my DH is ticked that he talked to me like that. I dunno. Now Im scared him and his wife are gonna talk about it when she wakes up and its gonna cause a fight with them. Ugh. I should just crawl under a rock some days. This guy is my good friend too so thats really nice. I wasnt perfect of course, but I warned him.

Oh, but its DH birthday today! Sadly he has drill, but hopefully he will get out a little early. We're gonna go to eat someplace. He got his gift a while back, the guns and such lol. Got him a calendar of baby boy though. He's 27 and feels old....lol....

:hug Hang in there, okay? Vent here when you need to. I don't mind "listening". Happy birthday to dh. I hope he gets back from drill early so you can celebrate.

Nicole, check out Lion's site, they have some really cute snowman and mouse ornaments. That's what I'm going to do with the RH yarn, make them as little gifts for people.

Cara, http://www.crochetbox.com/ has your Joyful Noise afghan on their site! Linked to yours of course :D

Erin, sorry about everything. But I hope you and DH are able to celebrate DH's birthday and make it a good one for him.

I'm waiting on DBF so we can head to Old Chicago. I'm ready for some football :D

Thanks for the info on Lion's site. I'll check it out. I went back to Jo-ann's today and bought some. I couldn't resist. The pattern for the stocking on the label is cute. I'm going to make one of those. :yes

Good morning ladies :flower

Erin - :hug :hug

Linda - Sorry you're not feeling well :hug

Val - Have fun in Chicago :hug

Nicole - Sorry you're not feel well either :hug

I got some sleep last night but fitful :P But it was sleep :D

I got to looking at my yarn choices for the GB boy and I'm rethinking it. I was going to use buff for the background and warm brown for the GB boy himself. That's just not enough contrast so I'm thinking the background is going to have to be either aran or soft white. I'll have to dig around and see what I have :yes

Have a good day and fun playing with yarn!

Well, I went to the grocery store and Jo-Ann's this morning. Now I'm in to enjoy the rest of my rainy Sunday. Lots of :crocheting in my future. :yay

Hi ladies. :) It's been a busy weekend, but DH just left for the airport and I'm going to try and catch up, then start the dreaded laundry. ;)

Erin ~ Little Alex is sooo cute! He sure looks like a happy guy. :yes

Cara ~ Thanks for the response...I just knew I had messed something up on your site. :lol You and BD have done a beautiful job!

Okay, I need to go to JoAnns soon. :hook All of this talk about the Holiday yarn has me wanting some, too. :yarn

Nicole and Cara ~ I have the perfect solution for the cat fights! Gracie! :D

Linda ~ I hope you're okay and just in need of extra rest. :manyheart With your schedule, you deserve it!

Hi to Judy and Val, too. :) Sorry if I've missed anyone. :think

Cara, I didn't go to Chicago the city, we went to Old Chicago, the restuarant :D They're just down the road from my apartment, they have Woodchuck Cider on tap and football! Since I'm originally from MN, I'm a Vikings fan and that's pretty much the only way I can watch my boys in purple :D

I also take crochet with to work on while watching. Today I took the holiday homespun and started a RR. I'm contemplating it as a Christmas gift for someone, but it's so soft I might decide to keep it :lol

Val ~ I saw your post earlier and thought "how cool that she's in Chicago!" :D Glad you got to see your Vikings and were able to have some crochet time, too.

The baby RRs in college colors are about 6-8 rows from being finished. Do you think 38-40 inches is an okay size? I needed a break tonight and made some little squares. For the first time, Gracie fell asleep in my lap and I crocheted! She's like a light bulb-either on or off. :lol

Val ~ I saw your post earlier and thought "how cool that she's in Chicago!" :D Glad you got to see your Vikings and were able to have some crochet time, too.

The baby RRs in college colors are about 6-8 rows from being finished. Do you think 38-40 inches is an okay size? I needed a break tonight and made some little squares. For the first time, Gracie fell asleep in my lap and I crocheted! She's like a light bulb-either on or off. :lol

That size is good for a baby ghan. My baby RR's are always at least 36 - sometimes they might get a hair over 40 inches.

Gracie sounds sooooo cute! She's always going to be a puppy!

Looking forward to seeing pics!:cheer

Morning everyone.

Been busy with the Sky CAL and work and the girls. You know the regular. LOL

I wanted to stop in and let Mary know to add 44 solids for me.:D I've been working on my scrappy doo whenever I have a few minutes in the truck to work on them.

last night after dinner was terrible. I apparently ruined my husbands bday but asking him to feed the baby, which he felt since it was his bday that he could lay on the couch instead. Ugh, it was and still is ugly. Please send some prayers my way. Im having a really rough month apparently. <3

Archived