Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

Thanks everyone, I was mostly upset about his scream fests and the throwing up a TON, oh dear. Little man barely ate anything last night before crashing, which means he was super tired and super happy daddy was holding him, he slept the entire night....whew...

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was also able to get two stripes of my friends comfortghan connected last night, whoohoo. Sadly her husband, would I would love to strangle right about now, kicked her out of the apt. He said he wanted her to leave HIS home. Then when he calmed down they agreed it wasn't good for their daughter to be in that tense environment, but then what does he do the night before they move out? One would think you would stay and play with your little girl a ton, no, he went out drinking and hunting for a ghost with his buddies. How nice. He is one of the worst people I have dealt with in a long time, and Ive had some very bad relationships...poor girl!

:sun........ Good Morning!

Okay... I am setting some time aside today to get at least a dozen saltines done. Thats my goal for the day. I really want to get this quilt'ghan done. I would love to give it to my son for Christmas... since it was made from his school paper..... :hook

I have been easily sidetracked the last few months......... sheesh! Of course .. tending to my son during the ups and downs of this relapse has kept me pretty busy and not as focused on my crafting as usual!

*work on saltines... work on saltines... work on saltines*

Sorry.. just trying to make my brain remember to work on some saltines today....... :hook

Okay.. off to get a refill on my :mug.... you all have a GREAT and Thankful Thursday!

:heart

:mug

I was also able to get two stripes of my friends comfortghan connected last night, whoohoo. Sadly her husband, would I would love to strangle right about now, kicked her out of the apt. He said he wanted her to leave HIS home. Then when he calmed down they agreed it wasn't good for their daughter to be in that tense environment, but then what does he do the night before they move out? One would think you would stay and play with your little girl a ton, no, he went out drinking and hunting for a ghost with his buddies. How nice. He is one of the worst people I have dealt with in a long time, and Ive had some very bad relationships...poor girl!

:hugs to Megan. I'm glad Alex slept well last night. He'll mend quickly now I bet. Abusive relationships are awful. Maybe it's better that he wasn't home, there could have been an even worse scene with worse consequences.

Hi, Tam. You will make saltines today. :crocheting you will make saltines today. :hook You will make saltines today. :crocheting

I have to get Kim going early today so we can get everything done in time for her 11:00 haircut. John gets home this afternoon. By 4:00 maybe. It rained again last night and looks like it could do it again today. Oh well, we can use the rain. I started the first side of the shawl last night and you can't tell I'm using different yarn. WooHoo.........!

:hugs to Megan. I'm glad Alex slept well last night. He'll mend quickly now I bet. Abusive relationships are awful. Maybe it's better that he wasn't home, there could have been an even worse scene with worse consequences.

Hi, Tam. You will make saltines today. :crocheting you will make saltines today. :hook You will make saltines today. :crocheting

I have to get Kim going early today so we can get everything done in time for her 11:00 haircut. John gets home this afternoon. By 4:00 maybe. It rained again last night and looks like it could do it again today. Oh well, we can use the rain. I started the first side of the shawl last night and you can't tell I'm using different yarn. WooHoo.........!

Ugh yah, Id say so. This girl is really being dumb thinking she can get him to change by staying and showing she still cares too. Sorry but if my hubby ever put me in jail for a night for something like she did, it would be the end of that for me. Plus who knows how he really is when hes drinking. I mean ptsd and drinking its just not a good mix. Of course, she will have to make up her mind for herself and learn alone I think. I think shes just really hurting because there isn't love there, doesnt even seem like he cares about his daughter right now either, so thats like a stab in the heart I would imagine. Yikes...

SOOOOOOOOOOO glad I have a sweety :manyheart

As far as the little dude is involved it was amazing how uncranky he became after getting sick lol Now hes happy as can be, probably because he saw daddy. ;)

Good morning ladies :yawn

Erin - :hug :hug to you and your friends :hug

Tam - Don't stress over it. Just a few saltines here and there and you'll be amazed how it all just comes together :yes

Well, I ended up having a nap yesterday because I fell asleep on the couch :blush Of course that completely messed me up so I didn't get to sleep until right about 5:30 this morning and was up at 9:15. :tired A little under four hours.

Hmmm, my sister isn't able to pick me up for our day out until 3. We'll go play the evening bingo session because she has a lunch thing. That's time for another nap :lol Of course then I'll be messed up again. I think when I'm up, even though I'm quiet as a mouse, that BD doesn't sleep well. :no Poor guy. So maybe I'll just stay up. If I start falling asleep at bingo my sister can just give me a little kick under the table :rofl

I also have a few errands to run before bingo. One of which will be grocery shopping. I'll be getting extra yarn for the gingerbread boy. I sneak it into the grocery budget :wink Don't worry, BDs used to it by now :lol

Thank you Linda!!!! :hook I think I need to make myself a daily "to do list" for my crafting! Kind of like a chore list.

1) make 6 saltines

2) crochet 5 rows on the graphghan

3) make one charity square

ect.............

hmm... having typed that out... maybe thats exactly what I should do :think

awww... thanks Cara. I know you're right... I just want so bad to have it done for my son for Christmas!

okay... off for more :mug and crocheting!

Thank you Linda!!!! :hook I think I need to make myself a daily "to do list" for my crafting! Kind of like a chore list.

1) make 6 saltines

ect.............

awww... thanks Cara. I know you're right... I just want so bad to have it done for my son for Christmas!

Sounds like a great plan! :clap

1) make 6 saltines

ect.............

Sounds like a really good plan to me, too. I know there are days when life happens and nothing gets done around here too. But if I bring up or set up a project to work on for the day when I first come upstairs, I seem to get at least a little done. If I wait too long, I never even get started.

We're back from getting Kim's hair cut. It's the second time this gal has cut her hair and she's doing a nice job of it. And Kim is reacting to her more positively than she has to any of the stylists in a long time. I got her card.

Right after we got home John called to say that his flight has been delayed for at least three hours. :plane Bad weather between here and there.:storm Hopefully he'll still get in tonight although they are calling for thunderstorms this afternoon and evening, so time will tell. Better to have him come in late and safe than the airlines taking a chance on unsafe conditions. :plane

Happy Thursday, everyone. :)

The butterfly is coming along nicely. And I think it has inspired another snowflake pattern as well. :lol :lol :lol

Looking forward to pictures! Yay for finding matching yarn for the shawl. :hook

Thanks everyone, I was mostly upset about his scream fests and the throwing up a TON, oh dear. Little man barely ate anything last night before crashing, which means he was super tired and super happy daddy was holding him, he slept the entire night....whew...

Awww, poor little Alex and poor Mom. :hug I'll bet he just got a little upset with the travelling and all the people. DD did that when she was little, too. I'm so glad you got some rest and that Alex is feeling good. :manyheart

Well, I ended up having a nap yesterday because I fell asleep on the couch :blush Of course that completely messed me up so I didn't get to sleep until right about 5:30 this morning and was up at 9:15. :tired A little under four hours.

Hmmm, my sister isn't able to pick me up for our day out until 3. We'll go play the evening bingo session because she has a lunch thing. That's time for another nap :lol Of course then I'll be messed up again. I think when I'm up, even though I'm quiet as a mouse, that BD doesn't sleep well. :no Poor guy. So maybe I'll just stay up. If I start falling asleep at bingo my sister can just give me a little kick under the table :rofl

I also have a few errands to run before bingo. One of which will be grocery shopping. I'll be getting extra yarn for the gingerbread boy. I sneak it into the grocery budget :wink Don't worry, BDs used to it by now :lol

Have fun at Bingo and yarn shopping! :yes

1) make 6 saltines

ect.............

You'll make it! Sometimes, I actually admit that I can't get it all done...then I relax and get more done. :)

More rain today! It has rained every day but one since last Thursday. We had planned to finally finish DD's and her DH's landscaping tomorrow, but it's way too soggy. All the shrubs and one small tree are here and very happy in the rain.

The two baby RRs are coming along...they're both about 25 inches now. :cheer

Hi :flower

Not feeling very well....allergies are getting to me. I'll catch up with you all soon. :hug

that stinks! Mine too!! I finally got rid of the head cold and now those stinkers pop their head out! Hope it gets better. Zyrtec is my only hope

John finally made it home about 15 minutes ago. A long day at the airport for him. But he made it home okay.

Minimal crocheting for me today. It's just been a hectic, busy day with lots of laundry, errands, etc. I'm tired.

Morning everyone! I was out sick yesterday with a migraine. I'm glad my bi-annual neurologist check up is coming soon. I'm going to talk to him about these and a possible connection with MS. I don't like them, and I'm getting them more frequently than before the MS diagnosis. On the plus side I did get to do some crocheting yesterday! I'm almost done with the first letter on the first filet piece :lol I think for the second piece I'm going to switch the popcorns and the blocks. Most of the stitches for the letters are popcorns. Then again, I'm probably just slow because it's thread and I'm always slower with thread.

Good morning ladies :flower

Val - Ouch! Hope the neuro can work out the reason for these migraines :hug

How's everyone this fine morning? :D I'm doing great. Finally back on track with my sleep :yay No more naps for me :lol

I'm hoping today that I can start the gingerbread boy :jumpyay I have yarn and I have a hook and I know how to use them :hook But BDs home today and working on the website which means I'll be interrupted quite often :lol But that's okay. He's making it even better and saltines are nice and quick :wink

Cara, I'm thinking at the very least I'll need to talk to him about something other than Excedrine Migraine. That normally works, but lately it doesn't seem to be helping at all. And I know you can't tell (because these are words :D) but I'm really not at all thrilled about yet another medication in my arsenal. I'm only 30 for cryin' out loud :lol

Cara, I'm thinking at the very least I'll need to talk to him about something other than Excedrine Migraine. That normally works, but lately it doesn't seem to be helping at all. And I know you can't tell (because these are words :D) but I'm really not at all thrilled about yet another medication in my arsenal. I'm only 30 for cryin' out loud :lol

I take Imitrex for mine and it works great. Expensive as all get out but worth every dime. I think it now comes in a generic if I remember what my doctor told me :think And I so feel for you. Really I do :hug I've been dealing with RA since I was 14. Almost 30 years now. With an aspirin allergy which includes ibuprofen and naproxen. So I can't take the meds :no It's awful when your life is interrupted by your body. But thank goodness for the medical advances over the last 3 decades and doctors treating chronic pain with more seriousness things are better :yes Hang in there, sweetie :hug

I take Imitrex for mine and it works great. Expensive as all get out but worth every dime. I think it now comes in a generic if I remember what my doctor told me :think And I so feel for you. Really I do :hug I've been dealing with RA since I was 14. Almost 30 years now. With an aspirin allergy which includes ibuprofen and naproxen. So I can't take the meds :no It's awful when your life is interrupted by your body. But thank goodness for the medical advances over the last 3 decades and doctors treating chronic pain with more seriousness things are better :yes Hang in there, sweetie :hug

I was given nasal Imitrex years ago and it never helped any. So I'm hoping there'll be another option. Not that I mind having to have a day off of work every now and then :lol And I'm with you, I tell people that if I had to get MS, now was a great time since there have been so many advances.

Hi everyone...pretty quiet today, huh?!

I'm feeling better, but tired after a long week at work. I'm helping my friend move everything out of her mom's house this weekend (the one who passed away about two weeks ago). It's going to be rough. It's still hard to believe she's gone. I can't imagine how hard it will be on her, but I think it's good we are getting done early.

Priszm - Hope you're feeling better!

Cara - Did you get started on the gingerbread quilt?

Linda - Try to get some rest, okay?!

Howdy to everyone else! I miss you all. :hug

Just about to. I was going to start is earlier but BD had me busy and then we got the new Wolverine movie from Netflix today and we watched that. I'm not talented enough to watch TV and crochet at the same time :lol It was a really good movie that moved quickly so I had to pay attention.

But off to start it now before supper which will give me about 45 minutes to work on it :hook

Hi Ladies. I'm going to leave my avatar for now...it's raining again!

Val, I hope your migraine is better this evening. :hug

Erin, Nicole and anyone else suffering with allergies...feel better soon and add me to the list. :sneeze I think it's mold :lol after a whole week of rain.

How's everyone this fine morning? :D I'm doing great. Finally back on track with my sleep :yay No more naps for me :lol

I'm hoping today that I can start the gingerbread boy :jumpyay I have yarn and I have a hook and I know how to use them :hook But BDs home today and working on the website which means I'll be interrupted quite often :lol But that's okay. He's making it even better and saltines are nice and quick :wink

I'm glad you're sleeping better! The gingerbread boy needs a name. :lol 'Hope you've been able to crochet some today. :hook

Hi everyone...pretty quiet today, huh?!

I'm feeling better, but tired after a long week at work. I'm helping my friend move everything out of her mom's house this weekend (the one who passed away about two weeks ago). It's going to be rough. It's still hard to believe she's gone. I can't imagine how hard it will be on her, but I think it's good we are getting done early.

Priszm - Hope you're feeling better!

Linda - Try to get some rest, okay?!

Howdy to everyone else! I miss you all. :hug

:hug to your friend and you, too. It's great that you will be there to help her.

Cara - I was thinking about renting that movie....since you think it was good, I'm definitely going to. :yes

I came back to post again because i think it's only appropriate that my 1000th post is on this thread!

:cheer Yay for 1000 posts! :yay

Archived