Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

I'll get pics a bit later. I'm going to take pictures of the things I got from mom that she and grandma did. Some of them are done in size 30 thread and a 12 to 14 hook. They are exquisite. I used to do things in that size, but not for many years. Although I still have those sized hooks, so you never know. :D

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jude

I went ahead and grabbed it for my Kindle-- free of charge,so it's on there waiting for me .Also found several other free ones while I was looking for that one . I don't know if I'll EVER have time to read all the books I am piling up on that thing !

Linda- looking forward to seeing your photos whenever you have the time .

Thanks Julie. I sure wish I had the confidence in myself that you have in me. These classes may kill me, UGHH.....I do not like these classes. Boring. *YAWNS*

I have to say I also feel like you most days "sluggish".....my Hubby says I am like a sloth. :lol That is the one good thing about him always needing to stay immobile....he is a sloth too. :P

Tab

Maybe we're all related somehow ,if we all have those SLOTH tendencies .

I know what you mean about the classes -- if they are not interesting to you, it's very hard to put as much effort in them .

You'll pass them, I'm sure . :yes

Jude

I went ahead and grabbed it for my Kindle-- free of charge,so it's on there waiting for me .Also found several other free ones while I was looking for that one . I don't know if I'll EVER have time to read all the books I am piling up on that thing !

I'm glad you found the book...and that it was free;)

...now you just have to stay awake long enough to read all of them:lol

Hi house mates today I thought I would be having some Me time but I was wrong. I got a call from my son-in-law early this morning saying that my daughter stayed up all night with the new born and only had one hour sleep and was I coming by his house today to help my daughter out which I had no plan at all to do so I decided in order to help my daughter out, to drive 25 minutes to her house and pick up my two year old grandson which I did. I have no time at the moment to read any posts but I wanted to post a picture of my ripple ghan for picture Friday, then later this evening I'll be back to read all the posts. So here it is:

downsize[1]

BBL and have a nice afternoon. :hug

Almost forgot! Here's a 36 inch baby ATW. Was going to make it a regular size but wasn't in love with the colors enough for that...and then learned about a neighbor who has been fostering a baby (4 mo old now) who will be released for adoption next month! So, the blanket will have a new home tomorrow.

very pretty and how nice of you to give that baby something special to take out into his or her new life. IS your neighbor the one who is adopting her?

Cindy - Yeah, for reading books. :cheer Which ones?

Mostly police procedural/amateur detective novels by a husband and wife team, Richard and Frances Lockridge. (really they are "cozy-mysteries".) The characters are well developed and the same characters appear in several of the books. They were published mainly in the 50's and 50's. I happened upon a couple at a garage sale several years ago, and found them quite entertaining.

The woman who sent me these books, also sent some by an author named Leslie Egan and Elizabeth Linington. (same woman, two different series of books) I hadn't heard of either of them before, but I started a Linington novel last night and so far I'm enjoying it. The style and the story line is similar to the Lockridge novels.

We had a great turnout at the meeting and the book generated a ton of conversation! In case anyone is interested, it was Brave New World by Huxley.

It's my choice for the next one, so I picked something I've been wanting to read for years: The Scarlet Pimpernel. Don't care how many ladies read it:D...though I know at least 3 or 4 will be getting the book.

Reading is a good thing! I'm starting to read more, too... I can't imagine not grocery shopping for that long!:eek I don't plan well, I guess:lol

I haven't read "The Scarlet Pimpernel" but I've read "The Old Man in the Corner" and Lady Molly of Scotland Yard" which were also by Baroness Orczy. Both are a collection of detective stories and I enjoyed them.

As for the grocery shopping, I keep a well stocked pantry and freezer, so we weren't going hungry. Milk, bread, coffee, sugar, eggs, butter and so forth were all pretty much gone though.

Hi house mates today I thought I would be having some Me time but I was wrong. I got a call from my son-in-law early this morning saying that my daughter stayed up all night with the new born and only had one hour sleep and was I coming by his house today to help my daughter out which I had no plan at all to do so I decided in order to help my daughter out, to drive 25 minutes to her house and pick up my two year old grandson which I did. I have no time at the moment to read any posts but I wanted to post a picture of my ripple ghan for picture Friday, then later this evening I'll be back to read all the posts. So here it is:

downsize[1]

That's really going to be pretty.

:sun........... Good afternoon family......... :mug

Thank you all for your love and prayers for Michael!

His levels yesterday and today are holding good... we're waiting on a call from his nurse to let us know what the doc says about weaning off the meds! Thank you God!!!!!

Okay tonight because I could not wait. :lol BTW~That is the hat I made her. :) Oh and that is me holding her, but all you can see is my shirt. ;):P Here is Lily Gail. :manyheart

OMGoodness..........how precious........ baby and cap!!!!

Here it is! Just realized that I took this pic last night when the sun was still out and there is one less square-- that's because I made another one while watching the games!

Next pic of the ghan will be when it's done, but didn't want you all to think I was slacking this week! :lol:lol

Oh... how NEAT!!!

Here are the beginnings of my LTK around the world.

WOW!!!!! very cool!

Almost forgot! Here's a 36 inch baby ATW. Was going to make it a regular size but wasn't in love with the colors enough for that...and then learned about a neighbor who has been fostering a baby (4 mo old now) who will be released for adoption next month! So, the blanket will have a new home tomorrow.

Whoa............. that is so neat!!!

downsize[1]

VERY NICE! love the colors you're using!!!

Okay... Photo Friday.....................

batman signal dishcloth & couple fun dishcloths

post-18634-135897542177_thumb.jpg

water bottle carrier

post-18634-135897542174_thumb.jpg

progress on my ripple

post-18634-135897542181_thumb.jpg

:heart

:mug

post-18634-135897542166_thumb.jpg

downsize[1]

Love the colors in your ripple, Cheeria.

Mostly police procedural/amateur detective novels by a husband and wife team, Richard and Frances Lockridge. (really they are "cozy-mysteries".) The characters are well developed and the same characters appear in several of the books. They were published mainly in the 50's and 50's. I happened upon a couple at a garage sale several years ago, and found them quite entertaining.

The woman who sent me these books, also sent some by an author named Leslie Egan and Elizabeth Linington. (same woman, two different series of books) I hadn't heard of either of them before, but I started a Linington novel last night and so far I'm enjoying it. The style and the story line is similar to the Lockridge novels.

I think I recognize the Lockridge authors, but it's been a long time since I've read them.

His levels yesterday and today are holding good... we're waiting on a call from his nurse to let us know what the doc says about weaning off the meds! Thank you God!!!!!

[ATTACH]22363[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]22365[/ATTACH]

water bottle carrier

[ATTACH]22364[/ATTACH]

progress on my ripple

[ATTACH]22366[/ATTACH]

Very,very nice Tammy. I'm hoping the doc says you can start weaning him off the meds. That would be so nice.

post-2629-135897542198_thumb.jpg

post-2629-135897542204_thumb.jpg

post-2629-135897542207_thumb.jpg

There will some crochet pics too, but wanted to show you some other stuff first...

Serenghetti's close encounter with Bambi's mom, who spent an amazing amount of time in and around our yard yesterday...

Tab

Maybe we're all related somehow ,if we all have those SLOTH tendencies .

I know what you mean about the classes -- if they are not interesting to you, it's very hard to put as much effort in them .

You'll pass them, I'm sure . :yes

Thanks for the confidence. I am sure I will pass them....I just hope it is up to my standards.

Well, I would like to be related to you but I hope I am not related to my Hubby....ICK.

downsize[1]

Very nice....the colors remind of the ocean, very pretty. :manyheart

OMGoodness..........how precious........ baby and cap!!!!

Oh... how NEAT!!!

WOW!!!!! very cool!

Whoa............. that is so neat!!!

VERY NICE! love the colors you're using!!!

water bottle carrier

[ATTACH]22364[/ATTACH]

progress on my ripple

[ATTACH]22366[/ATTACH]

I love the batman dishcloth...too cool. :clap I love the ripple too and the other things also. Great job! :cheer And I am glad that Michael's levels are staying stable. Lots of luck and prayers. :hug

[ATTACH]22371[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22372[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22373[/ATTACH]

There will some crochet pics too, but wanted to show you some other stuff first...

Serenghetti's close encounter with Bambi's mom, who spent an amazing amount of time in and around our yard yesterday...

Your cat is huge, beautiful too.....love the grass peeking pic. I love big cats, they are just so cute. :manyheart

I wanted to post a picture of my ripple ghan for picture Friday, then later this evening I'll be back to read all the posts. So here it is:

downsize[1]

Nice job! And I do believe our colors are similar! Great minds think alike, my friend!

And thank you for the beautiful card you sent me - got it today. The flowers and the entire scene are so peaceful. You're also right about it being nice to get a piece of personal mail in between all the bills!

Thanks again:hug:manyheart

very pretty and how nice of you to give that baby something special to take out into his or her new life. IS your neighbor the one who is adopting her?

She is going to adopt him.:) A more deserving mom I've never seen...she has an 8 yo boy and always wanted more children. She's also a school teacher.

Cozy mysteries are really great books. It sounds like you're hooked on this series!

I haven't read "The Scarlet Pimpernel" but I've read "The Old Man in the Corner" and Lady Molly of Scotland Yard" which were also by Baroness Orczy. Both are a collection of detective stories and I enjoyed them. I have to look into finding those stories...

As for the grocery shopping, I keep a well stocked pantry and freezer, so we weren't going hungry. Milk, bread, coffee, sugar, eggs, butter and so forth were all pretty much gone though.

You must have an easygoing hubby to feed;)

water bottle carrier

[ATTACH]22364[/ATTACH]

progress on my ripple

[ATTACH]22366[/ATTACH]

Very nice work, Tam!:cheer:clap

[ATTACH]22371[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22372[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22373[/ATTACH]

Love the hiding in the weeds pic!! Great camera work, LeAnna!

Happy Friday all. :) I love seeing all of the pictures!

Sherri ~ Your knitted ATW is gorgeous! That's such a creative way to use your squares. :clap

Judy ~ Love your ATW, too! What a thoughtful gift and I know they'll be thrilled. :c9 I think this is the first time I haven't been making saltines in over 3 years. :lol

Joanne ~ Your granny ghan is wonderful...the colors are great together. :cheer

Aunt Tabby ~ Lily Gail is beautiful. :c9 Your little hat looks perfect on her. :yes

Tam ~ Great job on everything! The black, red, and white ghan is going to be stunning. :hook Yay for Michael's improvement. :hug

Leanna ~ Love the pictures! Serenghetti is quite the hunter. ;)

Cheeria ~ Your ripple is so pretty...it almost has a tropical look. :)

I hope I didn't miss anyone's pics - and I hope everyone is doing well. :manyheart

Very,very nice Tammy. I'm hoping the doc says you can start weaning him off the meds. That would be so nice.

Thanks so much hon!!!! :hug

[ATTACH]22371[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22372[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]22373[/ATTACH]

OMGosh... HOW COOL!

I love the batman dishcloth...too cool. :clap I love the ripple too and the other things also. Great job! :cheer And I am glad that Michael's levels are staying stable. Lots of luck and prayers. :hug

Thank you my dear!!! :U

Very nice work, Tam!:cheer:clap

:hug... thanks hon!

Happy Friday all. :) I love seeing all of the pictures!

Tam ~ Great job on everything! The black, red, and white ghan is going to be stunning. :hook Yay for Michael's improvement. :hug

I hope I didn't miss anyone's pics - and I hope everyone is doing well. :manyheart

Thank you so very much!!!

Mary, I love your idea for cooking chicken in th ecrock pot! How long do chicken pieces take to cook (boneless)? I've only used mine once since I bought it!

I use my Foreman grill more than I ever thought I would, though.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. :blush I've cooked it all day before...starting on high for a while and then turning temp. down. (I usually use bone-in, though.)

Sonsuray ~ Welcome! I hope you'll share pictures of your graph ghans with us. :)

Hi CJ! Can't wait to see your sweater. :yes 'Hope you're having a wonderful summer.

Thank you all for the compliments...got more coming, but am multi tasking...sorry it's taking me so long to get the rest of the pics posted...

Bambi's mom in our yard, dealing with an itch...poor thing...

post-2629-13589754221_thumb.jpg

BB the King trying to blend in to the road...silly kitty...

post-2629-135897542222_thumb.jpg

BB in what I call the "Corner Pocket..." just chillin' amongest the ferns...love this pic.

post-2629-13589754223_thumb.jpg

Okay, here is the mock up of the shoe that I'm actually doing in purple for Relay 4 Life...still have mucho mucho to do before the event end of July...

post-2629-135897542238_thumb.jpg

Here is Katchkan's kitty bookmark in red. I did several and put one in my book calendar and 4 in my Bible in different colors and I just love them.

post-2629-135897542249_thumb.jpg

Below is the Tree of Life afghan in purple for the Relay 4 Life...about 5 more rows to do on the last Tree panel and then will work on the border, which will be different than the border in the original pattern and will be different than what I did for my own Tree of Life afghan.

I didn't share the pics, but did take several pics from different angles of our willow tree that will be the inspiration for the Tree of Hope afghan I'll be designing for next year's Relay 4 Life event...

post-2629-135897542252_thumb.jpg

So there you go for this week's pics...

And a shout out to those that posted pics...I'm sorry not to personalize my posts as much as I should, but I wanted to say that I'm loving the work you all are doing...keeps me going on this side of the country.

Archived