Our House Part One (go to Part Two for posting)

JulieKay

So I have been unable to resist and am going to make this one:http://www.happyyellowhouse.com/htm/woven.html

I thought I would do this one first since it is all solid granny's and 3blocks X 4 blocks wide. I am making it in dusty blue, silver blue, and linen. I have started- 6 saltines done!:lol

Great color choices! That'll be pretty - and try leaving the long tails for joining if you haven't already - I think it gives a nice look - unless you like doing another way already. And I try not to wait too long before joining, or it's a daunting task....

Hi Ladies. Thanks so much for being here for us. :manyheart Baby Luke was born at 6:24 this evening, weighing in at 6 pounds 7 ounces and is 19 1/2 inches. :c9 DD ended up having a C section; baby and mom are doing great! We just got home about 30 minutes ago, but I will post pictures tomorrow. He is just adorable, has lots of brown hair, and already has his U of Texas socks and TCU cap on. :)

This Granny and Gramps are tired so I'll check in tomorrow. :hug

CONGRATULATIONS, Grandma and Grandpa!:yay:c9:hug:manyheart

http://www.happyyellowhouse.com/htm/windwalker.html I am going to do this one! I found colors to use from my stash so I cant wait! Im going to use cream, light blue, and turquoise! :)

Wonderful! If you need any help on the bicolor squares Linda is an expert!;)

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning everyone. Thought I'd check in before I leave to go to the zoo with my grandsons. Its supposed to get up into the 70's here today, so DD thought the boys would like to have a picnic afterwards.

Congratulations on your new grandson Mary.

Its great you got your car back Julie.

:bday Tabby!!!

:sunGood Morning………….

Mary……….. CONGRATULATIONS!!! So glad to hear all are doing well! Cant wait to see pics!!!

:yayJulie………… so glad you have your car back!!!

Ooooooooooh…. Have a GREAT day at the zoo with your grandson Cindy!

:cake:bday:cakeTabby

I need to take a run to the store later…. My soon to be 14yr old is in need of new shoes.

He needs new tennis shoes… new baseball cleats and new track shoes…. :sigh. That kid is somethin’ else. 14yrs old… 6ft tall… size s/m mens shirts… 30 – 32 pants and size 13 shoes….. my oh my. I’m going to look at some yarn while I’m out. There is a shawl I want to make … and I have yarn here .. but I’m not completely sure its what I want to use. I probably will… but I’m gonna look today anyway.. just incase something really stands out as another option. I also need to mail off some packages today… so don’t let me forget to grab them on my way out ladies. I’m good at having stuff ready by the door and leaving without it! J

Okay… off for a :mug refill…. Check back in a bit.

:heart

:mug

Morning Jude -- looks like you are in for some goodies for Easter treats !!!

Morning Cindy-- it'll be a great day for the zoo if the weather guys are right. It's looking good here this morning ! Bright blue sky and sunshine .

Morning Tam- wow, that will be an expensive trip if you need to buy all those shoes at once ! Those growing boys have an age where they just shoot up overnight,don't they ?

I'm glad you are tossing in a YARN RUN for yourself ! That will make it a little more fun .

It was quite the challenge when my boys were that age. They HATED shopping for "boring stuff" like shoes and clothes, so it was usually rough taking them for things like that .

My oldest son still remembers when he signed up for baseball or football one year ( I cant remember which one ),and one of the items we needed to purchase wasa "cup" .

Well, having no brothers and not being that well aquainted with boy's sporting gear, I had NO clue what size to buy . So, I took it out of the package and asked him to hold it up to see if it looked the right size . ( you know, I do that with ,say, like a shirt or whatever ).. I also hate clothes shopping. I must be the oddest lady in the world, because most ladies love buying clothes and shoes, but I see it as a NECESSARY EVIL -- I HAVE to buy clothes once in awhile, because I don't want to join a Nudist Camp .

Anyhow, we had people rolling in the aisles when I asked him to hold it up to him to see if it'd be the right size . I had NO CLUE how to tell which one to purchase. It's not like I ever needed one ....

Needless to say, THAT was not a pleasant shopping experience, although NOW it makes me chuckle .

Good morning all! Hope your day has started off well.

Mary~ hurray for the new grandson! I can't wait to see him!

Tabby~ Happy Birthday To You!

Cindy~ Have a great time at the zoo. Sounds like tons of fun, great weather too.

Tam~ good luck on the shoe hunt. My son #2 is a giant as well. He started out at 10 1/2 pounds and hasn't stopped growing!

Julie~ glad you got your car back!

Judy~ can I go too? Looks yummy!

If I missed anyone, I do apologize and wish you a wonderful day.:hug

Off to eat breakfast and crochet!

http://www.happyyellowhouse.com/htm/windwalker.html I am going to do this one! I found colors to use from my stash so I cant wait! Im going to use cream, light blue, and turquoise! :)

That is going to be lovely.

So I have been unable to resist and am going to make this one:http://www.happyyellowhouse.com/htm/woven.html

I thought I would do this one first since it is all solid granny's and 3blocks X 4 blocks wide. I am making it in dusty blue, silver blue, and linen. I have started- 6 saltines done!:lol

Good night!

Another pretty quiltghan and your colors sound lovely.

Hi Ladies. Thanks so much for being here for us. :manyheart Baby Luke was born at 6:24 this evening, weighing in at 6 pounds 7 ounces and is 19 1/2 inches. :c9 DD ended up having a C section; baby and mom are doing great! We just got home about 30 minutes ago, but I will post pictures tomorrow. He is just adorable, has lots of brown hair, and already has his U of Texas socks and TCU cap on. :)

This Granny and Gramps are tired so I'll check in tomorrow. :hug

Wheee!!!!! Congratulations, Grandma!!!

My oldest son still remembers when he signed up for baseball or football one year ( I cant remember which one ),and one of the items we needed to purchase wasa "cup" .

Well, having no brothers and not being that well aquainted with boy's sporting gear, I had NO clue what size to buy . So, I took it out of the package and asked him to hold it up to see if it looked the right size . ( you know, I do that with ,say, like a shirt or whatever ).. I also hate clothes shopping. I must be the oddest lady in the world, because most ladies love buying clothes and shoes, but I see it as a NECESSARY EVIL -- I HAVE to buy clothes once in awhile, because I don't want to join a Nudist Camp .

Anyhow, we had people rolling in the aisles when I asked him to hold it up to him to see if it'd be the right size . I had NO CLUE how to tell which one to purchase. It's not like I ever needed one ....

Needless to say, THAT was not a pleasant shopping experience, although NOW it makes me chuckle .

:rofl:laughroll:rofl:laughroll:rofl I LOVE it! I wouldn't have had a clue either. I would probably have told him to try it on in the changing room. :rofl:laughroll:rofl:laughroll:rofl

:birthday:cakeHappy Birthday, Judy! :cake:birthday

The sun is shining again today. I'm not sure at this point if I'm crocheting or sewing today. Time will tell. Hope everyone has a good day.

HAPPY BRITHDAY, TABBY!!!:fame:party:cake:bday:flower

I hope you have a wonderful day:hug

Good morning everyone. Thought I'd check in before I leave to go to the zoo with my grandsons. Its supposed to get up into the 70's here today, so DD thought the boys would like to have a picnic afterwards.

Congratulations on your new grandson Mary.

Its great you got your car back Julie.

:bday Tabby!!!

May the Cake Fairy bring you all the cake you can hold ,and MORE .

Save me a SLAB, would you ? :D

Happy birthday,my old friend Calamity .

:cake:cake:cake:cake:cake

:sunGood Morning………….

Mary……….. CONGRATULATIONS!!! So glad to hear all are doing well! Cant wait to see pics!!!

:yayJulie………… so glad you have your car back!!!

Ooooooooooh…. Have a GREAT day at the zoo with your grandson Cindy!

:cake:bday:cakeTabby

I need to take a run to the store later…. My soon to be 14yr old is in need of new shoes.

He needs new tennis shoes… new baseball cleats and new track shoes…. :sigh. That kid is somethin’ else. 14yrs old… 6ft tall… size s/m mens shirts… 30 – 32 pants and size 13 shoes….. my oh my. I’m going to look at some yarn while I’m out. There is a shawl I want to make … and I have yarn here .. but I’m not completely sure its what I want to use. I probably will… but I’m gonna look today anyway.. just incase something really stands out as another option. I also need to mail off some packages today… so don’t let me forget to grab them on my way out ladies. I’m good at having stuff ready by the door and leaving without it! J

Okay… off for a :mug refill…. Check back in a bit.

Good morning all! Hope your day has started off well.

Mary~ hurray for the new grandson! I can't wait to see him!

Tabby~ Happy Birthday To You!

Cindy~ Have a great time at the zoo. Sounds like tons of fun, great weather too.

Tam~ good luck on the shoe hunt. My son #2 is a giant as well. He started out at 10 1/2 pounds and hasn't stopped growing!

Julie~ glad you got your car back!

Judy~ can I go too? Looks yummy!

If I missed anyone, I do apologize and wish you a wonderful day.:hug

Off to eat breakfast and crochet!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes!! :manyheart:c9:manyheart

I get to eat cake today!! :cheer:cheer:cheer

Happy Birthday belated Tabitha, I hope you had a great one!

I am down to the border on the Heirloom afghan and got another "Ginger's Shoe" done last night. After I get the one afghan done, I'm gonna try to get back to the Jackson ghan, which only had 5 more squares to go (well, maybe more than that 'cause I'm going to make a pillow ghan out of it...) Would be nice to have that one done before I head off to Virginia in 3 weeks.

I was out running a ton of errands yesterday and stopped by the yarn shop I hang out at on Thursday and could NOT help myself, walked away buying 3 crochet books. One is for babies and toddlers and the little sweater on the front I will be making soon...it is so cute and the designer literally did smocking on it...my neighbor had a 7 week old granddaughter and I've already made her the duck feet booties from Crochet World (and then designed a duck hat for her as well, and I had also made her an afghan) but soon I'm gonna make her this little sweater...

I also got the Crochet Dude's book of stuff for men and there's a sweater or two I want to make for the Hub-E...and then a "book" which is really a box of different crochet blocks...and that should have been enough...

however...

before I went to eat lunch and catch my ferry back to Vashon, I went to into Joann's to get some fabric stiffener and couldn't help myself again...I snagged Lily Chin's Mosaic crochet...

I know why I doing this, 'cause soon and at least for a while, our financial situation is going to be different...so it's like I'm stocking up...

I'm going to have to make a big ol' sign that says, "We have more than enough, we have more than enough, we have more than enough..." 'Cause honestly, we do!

Hope you all have a good day (kitten or otherwise...)

Congrats on baby Luke, how wonderful!

I hope I get my birthday wish too...

and the 'Ginger's shoes...' they are simple, but cute and my team lead and the members of my team saw the mock up on Sunday at a team meeting and really, really liked them. We are hoping that they will sell. Fingers crossed.

Hi, LeAnna...

There's nothing wrong with stocking up at all:devil

..and I, too, have enough...MORE than enough!!

Yeah I know...my poor little tree house is starting to feel almost overstuffed...but I love my "library" of crochet, knitting and sewing books and mags...one of my favorite memories now is of my aunt helping me put books away on the shelves and looking through the books and her husband walking in and admonishing her that she was suppose to be putting the stuff away, not looking through them...and she said, "I'm just gonna have to come back, pull up a chair and sit here and go through all these books."

I just love that the books are where I can get to them when I need to search for something (like the little shoe pattern, which I never did find, thus, had to create the current pattern from scratch...which is a good thing, 'cause now it's totally from MY HEAD!)

Omgosh Julie.................. :rofl that is too funny

You know... it was a few years in between the older set of kids and now the younger ..... so I'm older... and a little experienced.. and well.. just plain ornery... :D heheheheheheee So shopping for that kinda stuff is fun comedy for us. We can get silly talking about trying on sport cups and sports bras.... LOL...LOL... if I have to go through the agony of trying on bras... they can go through the agony of trying on sports cups... LOL... Well.. I said that once and my now 11yr old.. .held two cups up to his chest... and said... "I dont think these will fit me" REALLY? OMGosh.

We do like to have fun though.. I dont want the boys to be embarrassed by who they are and what differences they have. We're just humans... God made originally to not be embarrassed of our bodies.. .but boy howdy... I'm glad we have clothes now.... cuz YIKES... me running around nude..................... VERY SCARY thing!!!! LOL...LOL...

I'm sure people would want to burn their eyes out. :faint

tralee......... oh.. how I understand how kids can grow. I think mine grow in their sleep. All my babies were born premature. So they all started out little.. .but you wouldnt know it now by looking at them.

My soon to be 14 yr old that I need to get shoes for today... he started out at 4lbs 3oz.

He's now 6ft... 145lbs and a studly muffin... heheheheheheee

post-18634-13589751836_thumb.jpg

Afternoon Ladies!!

It is 76 outside and wonderful :sun So many birds it sounds like an aviary.DH picked up the rod for my Filet curtain so im off to wash and hang that...My middle son and his family will be here this weekend so lots to do.

Tammy...he is so handsome...of my 4 kids the tallest is 5.8...my daughter is only 5 foot.

:birthdayTabby...hope you have a cake filled day.

Afternoon everyone, I had a fun day with my grandbaby we went to AC Moore to pick up more yarn for my Hafy Granny afghan. My grandbaby got stickers which he love and cute stuffed kitten. Than we went to McDonalds for his kiddie meal. He's taking his nap and I'm sitting her trying to decide if I should do laundry or just relax. Many of the yarn are $1.99 this week at AC Moore so I definitely want to go back there before the week is out.

Mary - congraduation on your new grandson.

Joanne - have fun making your firdt quilt with saltines, I always wanted to make one, but not anytime soon. I love your color choices it's going to be pretty.

:birthday Tabby :bday

Judy - I love going to Delicious Orchards have fun.

I am almost finish working on one square and will start another one this evening. I have also cast on for my knitted dish cloth. I'm doing it in a Peaches and Creme yarn in the sunburst colorway which is an orange tangrineish color. I don't know if I really like the color but I'm using what I have on hand and will probably stick to it.

Talk to you all later :eek

It's very hard watching your hubby go to work feeling so sad he loved his job and he is watching machinery being put on trucks to be shipped.. Think that we are almost set on the sale our home and moving to NC to be with family.here we dont have any family and my little ones need to know what it is like to have that.Not going to happen overnight or weeks but feel in my heart its for the best.Besides love to make winter hats and actually see someone wear them:lol

Cheeria, yes, delicious orchards is a joy...and everyone is so nice there!!

Sheila, where in NC is your family? My one brother is outside of Charlotte.

Archived