i need your advise please

as some of you may recall i am crcoheting lucky penny bookbarks for my daughters class for valentines day. i have finished the penny pouch part of these and had to stop until i found the 2007 pennies i was looking for. however today i found out that the 2007 pennies will not come out until april:eek :angry:shrug:thair :thair :thair much to late for v-day.

so my question to all of you is do i go back to my original thought (which my husband talked me out of by the way) of using pennies from the year of their birth or should i find some shiny 2006 pennies?

i look forward to you input.

yes i did a google and found you can use a solution of vinegar and salt, but i think i let them set to long because they are not shiney and new but black white and ugly. i also tried ketchup and coke. uggg

thanks

Isn't there a way to clean pennies and make them shiney new again?

yes........Taco Bell sauce. Im serious. A friend's mom of mine had a packet of Taco Bell sauce that she did realize was open in you cup holder in her car. In the bottom of her cup holder was some change. Dirty dingy pennies. When she went to clean it out (about a day or two later) the pennies were clean :eek . I we actually eat that stuff. BLAH!

yes i did a google and found you can use a solution of vinegar and salt, but i think i let them set to long because they are not shiney and new but black white and ugly. i also tried ketchup and coke. uggg

thanks

I use lemon juice and salt. Put the penny on a plate, put a drop of juice on it then sprinkle with a little salt. Don't soak them, gently rub. Then just rinse and wipe. Good luck.

Ellie 13

:lol :lol :lol :lol

I'm sorry, I know this isn't really funny but it sounds exactly like something that would happen to me!!! The best laid plans.... :lol :lol :lol

Me too...

Unless you have ton of pennies to find their birth, go with 2006. This way they will all be the same. Or maybe get some 2006 pennies and then if you do come across all their birth ones, use those.

This sounds like a nice gift for V-day!

no i do not have a picture as of yet, i am going off of the lucky penny keychain from irenecrafts. it has a pattern for a turtle, heart, bear, flower and fish. i am going to modify it a little and just make circles for the boys and probably flowers for the girls and then i am going to put alphabet beads at the bottom with their names. and i will make a bookmark instead of a keychain. i am still trying to figure out how i am going to do that, though i have a couple of ideas.

for her teacher i am planning on doing the heart bookmark and just putting some pretty glass beads at the end instead of her name.

my husband suggested that i go with the 2006 pennies because that is the year that they started first grade.

i am starting to wonder what i got myself into though.

Archived