STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I just hit the jackpot at Hobby Lobby. I found Lion Brand Chenille and caron jewel box for .69 and .49 so of course I got all they had of it at that price which was 9 skeins and I had to buy a skein for a project so -20 but I also made a skein into a ball so -19 so far for the day.

Went to JoAnn's today and made them pricematch my ACMoore ad (had gift cards for JA's. Bought quite a few pounders of neutrals to help out use up some of the rest of my stash. Also bought two things of thread for a shawl I want to make.... Well, more like a wrap? Either way - the bags are in my LR and here I am... I'll get those points subrtracted soon... PROMISE!

Does crochet thread count in this stashbusting contest or just yarn. If they do I just bought 6 balls of crochet yarn for a tissue box holder I'm doing.

HOWEVERRRRRRRRR,

I just ordered 7 skeins of yarn from knitting warehouse for another project. I have to go through my stash and get rid of some very old yarn that I am not using. Maybe my mother's school can use them. Anyone else have Ideas of where I can take old yarn to. Probably another would be hospitals, right?

I really like doing double stranded, with a big hook - the thing just flys along!

Yes they do fly, that's why my placemats are going so fast too! :clap J hook & double-stranded worsted. I'll have this new skein I had to buy used up in no time now on the last mat.

Oh well, my kit was sold out, so no losing there. But I had to get some additional colors of thread so I could make my book markers! :book This will be my first real attempt at something with thread, so I didn't have any on hand.... except a bunch of white and offwhite and pale yellow that I "inherited"...

Thread balls count 2 each? :yuck:P

-2 for gold,

-2 for maroon,

-2 for yellow

:eek

Thread balls count 2 each? :yuck:P

-2 for gold,

-2 for maroon,

-2 for yellow

:eek

-------

HAHAHA - yeah, I know how you feel about thread! It took me 4 months to make a large project using 10 balls of thread - not a whole lot of points for all that effort. (Same for those pound cones, too.) :lol

I went back to HL and got them to mark down the last 33 skeins of chenille to .69 and of course bought all of them. I did leave a few for somebody else though :) so -66 more points for today. Just when I was making a little headway. At least soon I'll get to count up some full skeins for an afghan I'm doing.

OK, FINALLY counted up my newest purchases...

12 pounders

1 skein of TLC (might go back)

2 spools of thread for my fancy fans stole (almost used up one already)

15 skeins = 30 points....

I've gotta make me a FAST afghan soon if I want to get out of this HOLE!!!

I used up 9 partials starting a new uglyghan, +9

then frogged it all for something else, -9 :lol

THEN bought 110 skeins from Smiley's on Sat & it's here today, -220

Can anyone tell me how to crochet in my sleep... successfully?!??

Crochet in your sleep? Sometimes I dream I'm crocheting a design I've never seen before. Once I got up (4 am?) and drew a sketch. After a few days I worked out a pattern for it. BTW, how do you make an "uglyghan"? It sounds like something my brother would want. I have to make him an afghan for his B-Day in Oct.

Ellie 13

BTW, how do you make an "uglyghan"? It sounds like something my brother would want. I have to make him an afghan for his B-Day in Oct.

Ellie 13

:rofl

That's what I started calling the 2-stranded-grab-whatever-color-comes-out-next-ghan. Sounds ugly, but sure comes out nice in the end!

Hmm... otherwise known as the 3Sub when worked in 3 strands, no? :D

Could it be made in squares or strips? I really hate making long chains and working long rows. I don't mind sewing/crocheting things together. If each strip was really different, it might really get ugly (LOL).

Ellie 13

Could it be made in squares or strips? I really hate making long chains and working long rows. I don't mind sewing/crocheting things together. If each strip was really different, it might really get ugly (LOL).

Ellie 13

But of course, it's your creation... you can make it any way you want!

IMHO, the crazier the better!! :D

Ellie - here's an example of the 2 stranded for a granny... it's what my daughter has been working on (I'm too lazy to find the 1st post) :devil

AshGhan

She's done more since this pic, but I think it looks great!

I thought i could post in the +s but doesnt look that way, bought 5 skeins for a tote for my dd. so that is -10, but on the bright side finished 4 skeins and that is +8 making a total of -2

Wow, I realized I hadn't posted in a while. I finished off that skein from my swap partner. I also finished off 4 balls since then and will be donating 2 more in about 10 hours. So, that's +8 for me! It's been really slow going because I don't have a lot of time to crochet anymore. Too much school work with finals coming up (I hate universities on the quarter system)

Archived