STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I have decided to put myself into this program. Must not buy more yarn! :lol Not after the Amazon splurge. Not before it really, but yeah.

I do not turn partially used skeins into balls because I typically use center-pull skeins. :think Nor do I have a ball winder anyway. So I guess I have to miss out on points there.

Ohhhhh....the Goodwill store had yarn!! And you know I had to buy some....they had full skeins for $1.50 each.....I bought 4 skeins (-8)....but, really, I had to....I didn't buy enough maroon a few weeks ago to make an afghan with, so these 4 skeins I bought were necessary, really.......:blush On the other hand, a girl at work loved the purse I made a few weeks ago and is paying me $20 to make her one too, so it was a good day.......Off to change my score......

Okay, I have decided to put myself into this program. Must not buy more yarn! :lol Not after the Amazon splurge. Not before it really, but yeah.

I do not turn partially used skeins into balls because I typically use center-pull skeins. :think Nor do I have a ball winder anyway. So I guess I have to miss out on points there.

You don't have to actually roll it into a ball to count it. It's 1 point for half a skein gone regardless. Count those points girl!! :lol:hook

Well I got rid of 2 more balls for +2 points :) but again(this has been the worst for me buying yarn this last 2 weeks) I bought 5 skeins for a mother's day gift hopefully so -10 :( now I'm working on thread for a doily so I might not get anymore points for this week.

Used up two more skeins on a round ripple, so that's four more for the week. I am using two yarns held together, so I am making it a nice, thick one for a baby and using lots of yarn!

:manyheart

Haven't posted in this thread forever, mainly because I haven't crocheted much. Spent a few weeks researching and trying to get my etsy shop up. I've finally back to crocheting now. I've used up one skein of Cotton East to make a toddler shirt. If I can ever motivate myself to finish the darn thing, at least another half of a skein will be gone too.

Currently, I am making a woman's purse. I did use up half a skein of the main color. I am also in the process of making interchangeable flowers for it out of scraps. I was quite annoyed the first flower did not use up the tiny ball I had!

I broke my "don't buy new yarn" rule again. Well okay, I do have projects in mind for them, but I don't see myself getting them done in the near futre. Got 2 skeins of cotton, and a couple more skeins of the new cotton ease. All of those have already been added in my score.

I've got to get busy making some more things to use up some of this stuff now.

Haven't posted in this thread forever, mainly because I haven't crocheted much. Spent a few weeks researching and trying to get my etsy shop up. I've finally back to crocheting now. I've used up one skein of Cotton East to make a toddler shirt. If I can ever motivate myself to finish the darn thing, at least another half of a skein will be gone too.

Currently, I am making a woman's purse. I did use up half a skein of the main color. I am also in the process of making interchangeable flowers for it out of scraps. I was quite annoyed the first flower did not use up the tiny ball I had!

I broke my "don't buy new yarn" rule again. Well okay, I do have projects in mind for them, but I don't see myself getting them done in the near futre. Got 2 skeins of cotton, and a couple more skeins of the new cotton ease. All of those have already been added in my score.

I've got to get busy making some more things to use up some of this stuff now.

I have felt those cotton ease yarn skeins. They are wonderful. My MIL wants me to make a white sunhat for her Kayla. She is not a grandmother to her, but almost. She babysits her every week, buys her clothes, etc. Kayla calls her Dee-Dee. I also want to make a colorful one for her too. So soon I will be adding two more to my stash but will use them up right away. Will come out even.

So when is the next stash busting contest? I don't know if I will be able to participate in this next one because we are going to be busy remodeling our townhouse next week. I can do this again starting April 23rd. Let me know when the next one will be. Good luck everyone!!!!!:flower

So when is the next stash busting contest? I don't know if I will be able to participate in this next one because we are going to be busy remodeling our townhouse next week. I can do this again starting April 23rd. Let me know when the next one will be. Good luck everyone!!!!!:flower

It's ongoing, you just jump in when you can - every week there is a winner!

I actually had a chance to work on my MM contest afghan today and used up two more skeins. Add 4 points.

I think I caught up to where I started with my points before I bought the 18 skeins for the MM afghan. So I am on my way. Now if I can just stay out of the yarn stores.:lol

Linda:manyheart

I've only finished 1 full skein this week.. the others weren't quite, I'll count 'em when they're gone. I don't think I'll get there before 8, so my score for the 2 weeks is stuck at -434. Just think, it could'a been worse, if my other box had actually arrived (still waiting!) and would'a been WAY worse if I hadn't gifted a bazillion skeins! :lol

Ok, I am about one hour away from finishing another ball...so that puts me at 14 for the two weeks. I probably wont be on again until after 8pm, so that's my score, and I am sticking to it!

Archived