STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

Well...I am doing better this week than last week. I got some extra crochet time tonight and used up 9 balls on my 3-strand ripple. :cheer It sure uses the yarn quick...I think I may have to do a few more too. My goal this week is to get my YTD at least to 0. :hook

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally used up some of my stash this week. I made a pink valentine's doily and used up most of my pink crochet thread for 1 point. Then I started working on one of my Ohio Star squares and used up 1 ball of dark blue and 1 ball of light blue for 2 more points.:cheer :cheer

Now if I can just stay out of the store.

Yesterday I used up 2 skeins and 6 balls, so that's 10 points to add to my score. I have also gone through my little inventory list and figured out my next 4 or 5 projects, so as soon as I finish this second 2 strand granny blanket for DD, I can jump into the next one!!

Jessie

i used a skein on a lap comfortghan, but may be frogging it. it is running at a weird angle. dont know if it is me or not .... may try a few more row, maybe the kitties will use it if it doesnt get any better

Yesterday I used up 7 skeins of Lion's Brand wool making what will be felted bags for Valentine's presents..I bought the yarn over the weekend and yesterday to make them specifically as I didn't have the right colors. After I get them felted I will post pictures...so I am out of the hole for the week. I also used two small balls making a 12" square that I was testing..So 16 for the last two days ...it's about time:cheer

do do do another skein bites the dust...do do do another skein bites the dust, and another skein and another skein and another skein bites the dust.

i made this afghan using about 3 dozen skeins of margherita yarn from the bellezza collection....im so excited to be done with it! now onto more projects!

th_DSCN1420.jpg

:no :no I dont' think ill get much done this week... I banged my elbo last night, hard enough to bruise the bone, i'm thankful its my left hand, but i hurt too much to crochet!!! i can't bend my arm at all right now! I'm hoping ill be back to normal really soon... But until then I guess ill just have to watch all of you stash bust and live vicariously through you!

Time to read a good book i guess:manyheart

LOL i wish it was just the funny bone.. but i didnt' even get that tingly feeling... just sharp horrible pain! oh well, i can use my fingers to type if i don't have to move my arm! you should have seen me at work in the lab this morning... trying to get things and wash them and mix buffers without extending my arm... I"m sure it was very funny to watch!

Becca that rug is really cute! I like the multi-colorfulness. :D

As for me, I'm just plugging away.. had to frog a bunch cause it was too big! Noooo... Well this skein will die easily, and then--- I don't know what I'll do! Hahaha.

i used was the one for the round ripple baby afghan from sew on fire ministeries, i just adapted it with a K hook and some rug yarn that I had recieved when my Gram passed away last year. here is the link to that pattern http://www.sewonfire.com/round_ripple_afghan.htm

and thanks for the comments, it really worked up fast with the big hook and the random balls of yarn, each one connected me to my Gram. Sometimes I'd find the yarn label in the inside of the ball and sometimes the yarn would end for no reason and here the ball was made of many little pieces of yarn each one a few yards long. It was an awesome experience for me.

Does anyone know what I can stick on the bottom of my rug so it doesn't slide around the floor? Thanks

Becca - That rug is beautiful...thanks for posting the pattern, I'm thinking about frogging my scrap-ghan and reworking it into that pattern......:think

Well, I used up another skein of white last night making daisy squares for my afghan....so 2 more points for me......:clap

Tamu - I'm interested in seeing a pic of your daisy squares for you afghan! I haven't seen another one put together - what yarns are you using?

I finished the hat I was making - I am getting truly dangerous by mixing and matching patterns. The basic design is from a free pattern called "crossed bucket hat" (just do a search), but I used normal yarn, not bulky, and the crosses didn't look right, so I took the flower pattern from a mohair daisy scarf pattern that I found ("picot daisy", I believe it was called) and mixed that in, instead. Then I rsc all around the brim. It's cool, because the brim can be rolled, in-between, or full brim like a bucket. I hope the person I'm sending it to likes it! (she likes flowers, too)

th_daisyhat.jpg

I didn't finish the ball, though :(

Becca- I've gotten some yarns from different grandma's and I've had the same thing happen with the balls ending and the yarn wrappers inside. Weird, huh?

--Usually at larger craft stores they either have a rug backing that can be painted on and left to dry, or they do make specific pieces of rubber to use as rug backs. The rubber mats that you can put in drawers and use as liners can also be tacked to the back of your rug.

Krystal- Cute hat. You are a dangerous woman...you cross-patterner you!

I got distracted at work. The pink camo that I've been TRYING to figure out what to do with just needed to be touched today. I mean....it literally called my name. :hook So (thru the inspiration of this website:hug ) I have started my very first comfort-ghan.(just granny squares with a flower motif). A partial stash-busting effort, however I lost 4 pts because I had to purchase two skeins of complementing colors for this ghan.

biz

Today I exchanged 11 and brought home a total of 19 skeins. -16

I was soooo excited - the walmart in Gainseville had the Lavender Mainstays so I bought 6 pounds! and they had the brown so I can finally make my long sweater YAY!!! So many ideas so little time.

I guess it could've been worse. Off to some serious stashbusting - I have another flannelghan to make.

Archived