STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

Oops... missed posting, kids decided bowling was more important! :eek

S'ok tho, I have been quite lax & haven't finished anything since last post... I'm at 17 for the week?

Good thing that ebay box hasn't arrived... I have a feeling next week will be not as good :blush

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last night I finish 2 balls, I guess I get 2 points so that brings my

score to 5. I seriously need to crochet faster.:yes I have a question

on our YTD score do we add the score that we got this week to

the one that we got last week or do we erase it and start all over again

like we do every week. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks:hug

OK, here's an example:

If your first week's score was 5, then you got 6 the second week, your YTD score would be 11. Your WTD (week) score should now be back to 0, then you start adding from there... At the end of next week, you add this week's score to your YTD again.

YTD is cumulative, for all the weeks you've been doing. WTD is only from Saturday 8PM EST to the next saturday same time.

:D

I already earned one point this week - made one skein into a ball! :cheer

OK, here's an example:

If your first week's score was 5, then you got 6 the second week, your YTD score would be 11. Your WTD (week) score should now be back to 0, then you start adding from there... At the end of next week, you add this week's score to your YTD again.

YTD is cumulative, for all the weeks you've been doing. WTD is only from Saturday 8PM EST to the next saturday same time.

:D

I already earned one point this week - made one skein into a ball! :cheer

Thank you for your help. Me too, I got 1 point, I turn a skein into a ball

and I'm almost finish with it.But the bad part is I made lose it, because

I need to buy another skein in the same color.:noGood luck this week.:hook

WOOOOOHOOOO!! I'm so happy I placed!!!!!

Of course, now I've used up all my small scraps and only have yarn left that I've got at least 7 oz or more of so it will take me longer to use them up....and I think that's probably why our totals for this week are so much lower than the first week were...we all used our little stuff up first LOL...

This should make you all last...I'm trying to explain the points system to my DH and FIL..and DH asked "so if you take a whole skein and wrap it into a ball, do you still get the point for getting it from a skein to a ball??" and I said "It doesn't matter how big your....." and then I stopped before I finished the thought with 'balls are, they're all worth a point'....but both DH and FIL totally heard the thought without me saying it...and much laughter followed...many minutes later, when I could speak again, I finished with "It doesn't matter how big a skein you have, or how much yardage is in the ball they're all worth the same point value.":lol:lol:lol

I'm off to reset my weekly score and add my placing to my sig...

Jessie

you know if every + score tried to finish at least one more than last week and every 0 pushed for 10 and all those - tried to get to 0 we would have some serious stash bustin happening!!!!

Krystal 16 watch out for your mail this week I decided to "gift" you some nice yarn lol dont shoot!!!

HEY!!! I just read this!

Hmmm.... first reactions was "There goes my score again!"

Next reaction was YARN!!!!

Yeah! First point for the week. Just finished a ball making squares for Super Stitch Sunday! :cheer Hoping to finish some more today...the rest of the day is for crochet!!!!!!!

I just love the ladies at the customer service counter at my Walmart! I went in with 9 skeins of RH and a reciept for half of them. She wasn't sure what to do with them. I asked her "Can I just get a merchanise credit? I just want to get different yarn." Then I went on to say that I LOVED the new Mainstays and so did she!!! so she just gave me the cash back. And I picked up the yarn to finish my blue starghan.

Anyways - I returned 9 and I came home with 8 so that's 2 more points and 2 extra ounces of yarn!!!

I also finally finished my first 2 pounders of black and had to start another one so that's another 3 points. I also started another red - 1 point - cuz I lost the end and ended up with a giant knot. ugh,

YAY - 6 points

off to change my siggie!

way to go Rosered

Sounds great Krystal. I did so many squares at mums place yesterday that last night I just didnt feel like doing more. I did your charity squares and that was it.

I have made a great start to the week which is great. My skeins for my squares are slowly going down and once I have finished them which hopefully will be this week that will be another 6 points. I keep looking at them and wishing them to do down. Anyone else do that.

Yan'no... I probably should've bought the yellow & pink 1lbr's the day I bought the rest of the yarn a few weeks ago, but I didn't :think

This weeks score is -20 so far & I'm still waiting for that ebay box! :eek

I think I'll go start on sumthin now since I'm here & hubby's already started dinner! :D

Ack I forgot to post last night. I did get lots of crocheting done since my boyfriend has been working all weekend. *sigh* Me and my kitties got the apartment to ourselves at least. I finished the scarfy part of my monster scarf, and sewed together my abominable baby slippers! So, I killed a whole skein of this funky neon green I've been trying to get rid of, and half a skein of neon blue. Way to go! Ugh, but now I'm back to zero. *sigh*

rosered thats great. I bet its toasty warm

Oh and I am off to a good start this week. I gave 4 skeins to dd's class and 4 skeins away. and I started a V stitch lap robe for superstitch sunday so I am up to 18 points already this week

Archived